Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I would have like CDC to go after someone who had been to the playoffs instead we took a chance on another up and coming coordinator.

Another up and coming coordinator? Have we done that even once in our head coaching hires? Ever? 

Also, you don’t seem too familiar with Sarkisian full stop. He’s a lot of things (and most recently an OC) but I’m not sure “up and coming coordinator” is how anyone would ever describe him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Excuse me per @ShowMeALoss we need real Playoff head coaching experience and I don't think we were getting any of the other options for various reasons (hi Urban!)

Hey man, if you want to be obtuse on purpose, that's up to you. I hoped to have a coversation with some of you. Perhaps it's just me that thinks we lost some momentum because we have lost 5* commits, one right after an official and we haven't found equal talent to replace them with. Now, there is murmur that Armani might be decommitting too. If you choose to be a homer, you can explain away every negative trend and then you find nothing is ever wrong with our program. Then comes the miserable Saturdays.

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Another up and coming coordinator? Have we done that even once in our head coaching hires? Ever? 

Also, you don’t seem too familiar with Sarkisian full stop. He’s a lot of things (and most recently an OC) but I’m not sure “up and coming coordinator” is how anyone would ever describe him. 

Yea, i should not have written another. Anyway, i hope he turns out a great HC for us. He is easy to root for.

3 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Hey man, if you want to be obtuse on purpose, that's up to you. I hoped to have a coversation with some of you. Perhaps it's just me that thinks we lost some momentum because we have lost 5* commits, one right after an official and we haven't found equal talent to replace them with. Now, there is murmur that Armani might be decommitting too. If you choose to be a homer, you can explain away every negative trend and then you find nothing is ever wrong with our program. Then comes the miserable Saturdays.

Which 5 star did we lose right after an official? The answer to this is why people aren’t taking you seriously.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ShowMeALoss said:

You literally said you wished we'd gone after someone with Playoff experience, and since Sark didn't count you clearly meant head coaching. 

It was very clear at the start of this that Sark had some unique headwinds coming into this year (you can go back and look at the posts from that time) and was going to have a more muted than normal first class but still probably land a nice top 10 group. He's very much on track for that. And if we win, heyooo.

Basketball is just a different animal. It is so based on 1:1 relationships, and generally undervalues the program versus the staff unless it's a Duke or Kansas. Makes it easy for a guy like Beard to come in and flip the roster.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You literally said you wished we'd gone after someone with Playoff experience, and since Sark didn't count you clearly meant head coaching. 

It was very clear at the start of this that Sark had some unique headwinds coming into this year (you can go back and look at the posts from that time) and was going to have a more muted than normal first class but still probably land a nice top 10 group. He's very much on track for that. And if we win, heyooo.

Basketball is just a different animal. It is so based on 1:1 relationships, and generally undervalues the program versus the staff unless it's a Duke or Kansas. Makes it easy for a guy like Beard to come in and flip the roster.

Yes, i said someone with playoff experience. Doesn't mean that guy has been fired since then. Anyway, good night to you all. Hope we have a good recruiting week and weekend.

3 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Yes, i said someone with playoff experience. Doesn't mean that guy has been fired since then. Anyway, good night to you all. Hope we have a good recruiting week and weekend.

Yes we lost Owen but he didn't have an official visit.  2023 class hasn't had officials yet.

Oh just missed your follow up comment 

Edited by westexhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I didn't have anyone particular in mind. Texas was able to lure Baird who was treated like a king at Lubbock. I would have like CDC to go after someone who had been to the playoffs instead we took a chance on another up and coming coordinator. Time will tell and I am happy to be wrong because that would mean i get to enjoy my Saturdays in the fall.

You’re actually fucking stupid. You made an argument and provided nothing. Literally shut the fuck up and quit bitching. He hasn’t coached a down of football here. Got damn you miserable fucking cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

aggy should be the one melting down over Brooks.  They didn't get a visit despite Dad being a wrecking crew member.  They are making fun of us for losing a close one to tOSU for one of their legacies.  Wow.  

Wrecking crew member? He’s attributed with the creation of that nickname 

8 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Yea ok. He decommitted right after his visit and after hanging out with Archie and his family. Official or not, it's bad. 

You stupid mother fucker. 2023 class can’t even take official visits yet. Literally go die in a fire and choke on a bag of dicks with bob stoops you tyroneswoopes/texaslonghorns1996 bitch ass mother fucker 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Suchomel on Cam Williams:

Duncanville offensive lineman Cameron Williams tells me he'll announce his decision at 6 p.m. tomorrow.

The big fella released a top three of Texas, OU and Oregon yesterday. In talking to Williams on Sunday, fresh off his UT visit, it sounded like it was pretty much down to Texas and one other. I thought that one other was OU, but multiple sources indicated earlier this week that this is more likely a race between Texas and Oregon.

My guess right now is Texas, but I can't say I'm not a bit gunshy after the last 24 hours. We'll have our final answer tomorrow night at 6 p.m.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Suchomel on Cam Williams:

Duncanville offensive lineman Cameron Williams tells me he'll announce his decision at 6 p.m. tomorrow.

The big fella released a top three of Texas, OU and Oregon yesterday. In talking to Williams on Sunday, fresh off his UT visit, it sounded like it was pretty much down to Texas and one other. I thought that one other was OU, but multiple sources indicated earlier this week that this is more likely a race between Texas and Oregon.

My guess right now is Texas, but I can't say I'm not a bit gunshy after the last 24 hours. We'll have our final answer tomorrow night at 6 p.m.

He makes money for this. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Scholz said:

What’d I miss today? 😁

Here you go - here's the gist of it:

You’re actually fucking stupid. You made an argument and provided nothing. Literally shut the fuck up and quit bitching. He hasn’t coached a down of football here. Got damn you miserable fucking cunt. You keep fucking up details…in every single post. We won’t let that shit slide, so you can feel warm and fuzzy about being heard. You’re spouting off half truths that you want to talk about while we’re talking about what’s actually happened/happening. If I accidentally read any more of your posts, I’m going to have to take savant out of my handle. You stupid mother fucker. Literally go die in a fire and choke on a bag of dicks with bob stoops you tyroneswoopes/texaslonghorns1996 bitch ass mother fucker.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, ShowMeALoss said:

55F89852-CD21-4237-ABED-4206CB83898E.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Excuse me per @ShowMeALoss we need real Playoff head coaching experience and I don't think we were getting any of the other options for various reasons (hi Urban!).

Unless we make a run at Dantonio... 🤔🤔🤔

The guy who put together a systematic dismantling of tOSU in the title game doesn't count stupid sip. 

• Hook 'Em 1

For anyone that wants to get caught up with a TLDR: these were the culmination of the last time @ShowMeALoss wandered in. Second one...accurate

On 4/26/2021 at 8:07 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I love posts where someone gets violently buttfucked by facts and reason, and then their inevitable response is "Well, your life must suck because you took the time to correct me on the internet." But yeah, you're the real winner in this exchange, chooch. 

You've been spouting fucking dumb, thoughtless, generally ignorant shit the past two pages and it's not surprising several folks showed up to inform you that you're being dumb. Either take your medicine and shut up for awhile, or head back to the safe space of the football board where there is at least a chance some of these posters won't waste their time calling stupid takes stupid takes. 

On 4/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, NoName said:

nobody is having to look hard here. you consistently come in here, make shitty posts full of uninformed drivel, get attacked for your shitty opinions, go post in the football board for a while, then come back to 9.95, make shitty posts full of uninformed drivel, get attacked for shitty opinions, go post in the football board for a while and the cycle continues.

eli wallach goodbye GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I didn't have anyone particular in mind. Texas was able to lure Baird who was treated like a king at Lubbock. I would have like CDC to go after someone who had been to the playoffs instead we took a chance on another up and coming coordinator. Time will tell and I am happy to be wrong because that would mean i get to enjoy my Saturdays in the fall.

take your continued terrible opinions over to the football board and quit shitting up the recruiting thread with your bad takes. this is like the fifth time this has happened with you.

For the record, I don't like the bitchassed thread title change. It's bad enough to have the tantrums in the thread in between the calms of the occasional commit and constant derails arguing about food or which former player was worse.

All gas and a randomly shifting automatic transmission doesn't have a nice ring to it but could be apt for this thread.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

For the record, I don't like the bitchassed thread title change. It's bad enough to have the tantrums in the thread in between the calms of the occasional commit and constant derails arguing about food or which former player was worse.

All gas and a randomly shifting automatic transmission doesn't have a nice ring to it but could be apt for this thread.

If there’s one thing we know, Roma, it’s  that telling me what to do and how to do it will always work out. Also, making sure to identify a chink in your online armor by explaining what irritates or bothers you, that’s key info that I will never use to push buttons. 

• Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting