George P. Bush deserves his own thread of stupidity

Jive Turkey

Since he's gone full MAGA and is gonna challenge Paxton for AG, he should get his own thread since his profile will continue to rise.

Wouldn't be surprised if George P. has proposed that he and Ivanka get divorces and combine House Bush with House Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bush is patting himself on the back for the job he did attempting to get Trump re-elected? Wasn't that the closest that the GOP has come to losing Texas since Jimmy Carter in '76?

(I know that GHWB barely beat Clinton in '92 in Texas but Perot was the reason.)

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Since he's gone full MAGA and is gonna challenge Paxton for AG, he should get his own thread since his profile will continue to rise.

Wouldn't be surprised if George P. has proposed that he and Ivanka get divorces and combine House Bush with House Trump. 

Oh Jesus H. Christ, what good thing every happened when the Bushes and Trumps got together?

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

(I know that GHWB barely beat Clinton in '92 in Texas but Perot was the reason.)

I'm sure that was a typo, but GHWB lost to Clinton in '92.  And it wasn't barely.  The electoral count was 370 to Clinton, 168 to Bush.

So even members of a dynastic GOP family - with their presidents and governors - are kneeling before the fascist who colludes with America’s enemies in elections, and who continues to try overthrow American democracy?

Yeah, that seems normal.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

So even members of a dynastic GOP family - with their presidents and governors - are kneeling before the fascist who colludes with America’s enemies in elections, and who continues to try overthrow American democracy?

Yeah, that seems normal.  

The conservative elite had before them a choice and one of those choices was going to be whether to protect their power and money and placing a bet on which outcome might opportune a chance to increase those. You've seen the rather sneaky ways that corporate interests are still back door funding the GOP, and the Bushes are going to do likewise because they cannot face the reality that James Earl Carter Jr embraced: that our time on this planet is short in the grand scheme of things. Make more lives better than just your own and you may outlive some of your mistakes.

• Hook 'Em 3

One of the things I have always loathed about politicians individually is when they refuse to do the clear right thing out of naked self-interest.

The entire GQP seems to have nothing but naked self-interest in play.

The amazing and somewhat amusing thing is that, through the king of naked self-interest, they have found a constituency that will actually go along with it, enthusiastically.

• Like 5
  • Rage+1 1

I'm thinking of crossing political lines to vote for Paxton in the GOP Primary. Now I hate Ken Paxton but at least he tells you who he is. Bush tries to act all high and moral when he's the opposite. 

And when you add that Bush went out of his way to keep federal Harvey flood funds from Houston, when Houston received the most damage, I'm always supporting his opponent.

On 6/6/2021 at 8:30 AM, Paul Wesley said:

Yeah, that seems normal.  

A member, obviously.  Didn’t W give Trump a fuck you cold shoulder for the last few years?  He hung out with O and Michelle, and the Clinton's for that matter, considerably more than he did with the sack of shit, iirc. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

A member, obviously.  Didn’t W give Trump a fuck you cold shoulder for the last few years?  He hung out with O and Michelle, and the Clinton's for that matter, considerably more than he did with the sack of shit, iirc. 

Could you imagine hanging out with Trump for one minute? In his own homes, he surrounds himself in gold, and from all accounts, he only wants to talk about how everyone loves him. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Could you imagine hanging out with Trump for one minute? In his own homes, he surrounds himself in gold, and from all accounts, he only wants to talk about how everyone loves him. 

No, well Ivanka, yes.   But other than P, I don’t believe the Bush family ever kowtowed to Trump too much.   To be honest W always seemed disgusted with him, lol. 

38 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No, well Ivanka, yes.   But other than P, I don’t believe the Bush family ever kowtowed to Trump too much.   To be honest W always seemed disgusted with him, lol. 

I think W publicly supported some Republican candidates who were Trump supporters in 2018 and supported the Kavanaugh nomination, but didn't ever voice support for Trump directly.

W is old money, meaning he believes most of all the shit Trump believes but that it's unbecoming to be so obvious about it.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:51 AM, wildcat09 said:

I think W publicly supported some Republican candidates who were Trump supporters in 2018 and supported the Kavanaugh nomination, but didn't ever voice support for Trump directly.

W is old money, meaning he believes most of all the shit Trump believes but that it's unbecoming to be so obvious about it.

Inherited wealth gives one the freedom to do a number of things without consequence.  One can pursue more money and more without ever facing the realistic danger of going bust and being impoverished.  Or one can abide by a code, knowing that even if the world rejects your code you're still wealthy and comfortable.

Liz Cheney has a code.  I don't much care for it.  But she has a code.  And by gawd, she's going to adhere to it.  And if the GQP throws her out of office, what the fuck does she care?  She'll retire back to Teton County and continue being rich, surrounded by other rich people and beautiful mountains.

The Bushes have no code.  They'll turn Nazi at the drop of a hat if they think they can get a government contract for their surplus Zyklon B.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Inherited wealth gives one the freedom to do a number of things without consequence.  One can pursue more money and more without ever facing the realistic danger of going bust and being impoverished.  Or one can abide by a code, knowing that even if the world rejects your code you're still wealthy and comfortable.

Liz Cheney has a code.  I don't much care for it.  But she has a code.  And by gawd, she's going to adhere to it.  And if the GQP throws her out of office, what the fuck does she care?  She'll retire back to Teton County and continue being rich, surrounded by other rich people and beautiful mountains.

The Bushes have no code.  They'll turn Nazi at the drop of a hat if they think they can get a government contract for their surplus Zyklon B.

15 or 20 years ago, George P. said his grandma Barbara told him "that anyone thinking about entering politics should distinguish himself in some other field first. Make a name for yourself, have a family, marry someone great, have some kids, buy a house, pay taxes, and do the things everyone also does instead of just running out and saying, 'Hey, I'm the nephew of or the son of or the grandson of.."

I don't recall him distinguishing himself (US Navy Reserves doesn't cut it).

If only his former girlfriend had pressed charges when he was arrested back in the early 90s...

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

15 or 20 years ago, George P. said his grandma Barbara told him "that anyone thinking about entering politics should distinguish himself in some other field first.

Like getting your dad’s friends to invest in your failed energy firm, or helping you buy a share of a professional baseball team!

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Like getting your dad’s friends to invest in your failed energy firm, or helping you buy a share of a professional baseball team!

George P is the first Bush to win the first political race he entered.  He's got that going for him.

What exactly does this guy have for Texas Republicans to want to vote for him over Paxton? A Trump endorsement? Maybe, but it's not like Paxton is a never Trumper. Is it not being under indictment? GOP voters clearly don't give a shit about that.

This seems like when that young Kennedy challenged Markey for his Massachusetts senate seat last year.

So does the “P” stand for -

Pussy?
Pendejo?
Pathetic?
Peckerhead?
Pest?
Punk?
Pinche?
Poopyhead?
Pandering?
Pinhead?
Perverted?
Pettifogger?
Pusillanimous?
Pissflap?
Puny?
Prostitute?
Psycho?
Pimple?
Puto?
Parasite?
Prat?
Pitiful?
Pompous?
Panicked?
Petty?
Parody?
Prisoner?
Propaganda?
Problematic?
Petrified?
Phony?
Pig?
Punk?
Pointless?
Prick?
Pretentious?
Preposterous?
Profane?
Puppet?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

What exactly does this guy have for Texas Republicans to want to vote for him over Paxton? A Trump endorsement? Maybe, but it's not like Paxton is a never Trumper. Is it not being under indictment? GOP voters clearly don't give a shit about that.

This seems like when that young Kennedy challenged Markey for his Massachusetts senate seat last year.

Paxton has a six year old federal criminal case that could come home to roost 

Paxton has a six year old federal criminal case that could come home to roost 

Lol. No. The Texas GOP/courts have totally kneecapped that entire case (it’s a state criminal charge not fed). He will never be tried for it. I imagine that Abbott will just pardon if/when one of them leaves office.
  • Rage+1 1