2021 NBA Offseason Thread: Business as Usual? -- Trades/Free Agency/Retirements/Etc.

We were having a conversation about the worst contracts out there and good lord, there are a lot of them.  I thought Horford’s was bad considering his age and the length.  Then I saw KP’s with Dallas.  He’s injured that much and I didn’t realize he was only 25.  

What’s the worst one out there….?

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We were having a conversation about the worst contracts out there and good lord, there are a lot of them.  I thought Horford’s was bad considering his age and the length.  Then I saw KP’s with Dallas.  He’s injured that much and I didn’t realize he was only 25.  

What’s the worst one out there….?

D’Angelo Russell. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The worst part of that OKC trade is that Presti is going to put Kemba on the shelf, let him heal up for a year, and then trade him again to a contender for more assets when his deal is about to expire.

This is the kind of shit the Spurs should be doing, instead they are going re-sign Demar Derozan's midrange shooting ass for a billion dollars and win 40 games a year until hell freezes over. FML.

Every fan/GM talks about tanking but the Okie City tank is the mother of all tanks.  Their wins per year line is going to look like the stock market in March/April of 2020.

It'll be interesting to see how Presti plays his cards this time.  During the last iteration, he got his stars but with the supporting cast he got into guys that barely had basic offensive basketball skills.  My guess this time is he goes after two way players instead of a team full of shooting guards who can't shoot.  If just half of those picks turn out well, that's a helluva team.  My guess is they won't use anywhere close to all of the picks and they'll trade them away for players or to move up in certain drafts.  If they really want the #1 pick this year (Cunningham), they can get him if they want depending on what they'd give up.

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The worst part of that OKC trade is that Presti is going to put Kemba on the shelf, let him heal up for a year, and then trade him again to a contender for more assets when his deal is about to expire.

This is the kind of shit the Spurs should be doing, instead they are going re-sign Demar Derozan's midrange shooting ass for a billion dollars and win 40 games a year until hell freezes over. FML.

Exactly.  It's infuriating because they can't admit Tim Duncan was a once in a generation cornerstone for them.