Jump to content
Patrick Bateman

The Kevin Durant Thread -- One of our Own?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

Shaq joining Michael, Scotty, and Phil is the same thing as KD joining a team that wouldn’t even have won a title last year without him? Are you mad?! The pre-KD Warriors = MJ and Scottie’s Bulls? No. No no no.

The had won 1 title already and broke the Bulls single season win record the next year before losing a 3-1 lead in the Finals.  They would have been the favorites going into the 16-17 season had they not signed KD as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hate said:

The had won 1 title already and broke the Bulls single season win record the next year before losing a 3-1 lead in the Finals.  They would have been the favorites going into the 16-17 season had they not signed KD as well.  

AS5O6WXSRTE4CFBE6THB32TF4Y.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hate said:

The had won 1 title already and broke the Bulls single season win record the next year before losing a 3-1 lead in the Finals.  They would have been the favorites going into the 16-17 season had they not signed KD as well.  

also.........

 

 

9349706-nba-finals-cleveland-cavaliers-a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way Cleveland would have been the favorites regardless of the fact that they won the title.  Hell, most people think the only reason Cleveland won is because Draymond Green got suspended.  The Warriors had just gone 73-9 during the regular season.  Cleveland may have been the next team with the best odds, but there is no way they would have been favored.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate is right. Vegas had Golden State as the early 2016-2017 favorites before KD signed up. That said, by season's end, Cleveland was considerably better than their '15-'16 version, and LeBron would have eaten Harrison Barnes' milkshake Game 1, instead of waiting until Game 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hate is right. Vegas had Golden State as the early 2016-2017 favorites before KD signed up. That said, by season's end, Cleveland was considerably better than their '15-'16 version, and LeBron would have eaten Harrison Barnes' milkshake Game 1, instead of waiting until Game 5.

  This. The 16 Cavs were "figuring it out" in the Finals. The 17 Cavs knew what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

•The pre-KD Warriors were not Jordan’s Bulls; not even in the same ball park.

•Shaq had other legitimate options besides joining said Bulls if he wanted to seriously compete for a title. KD didn’t, unless he went and joined the Spurs, a dynasty with another top 5 player in the league, the best coach, 65 wins, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any good team he went to would have been an immediate contender. Houston, SA, Boston, Washington, or even if he stays in OKC.

 

And I agree that the Bulls were better than the Warriors, but it’s an analogy and there a similarities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hate said:

There is no way Cleveland would have been the favorites regardless of the fact that they won the title.  Hell, most people think the only reason Cleveland won is because Draymond Green got suspended.  The Warriors had just gone 73-9 during the regular season.  Cleveland may have been the next team with the best odds, but there is no way they would have been favored.  

It is the only reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, immortal13 said:

It is the only reason

I forgot that Draymond got suspended for those last 3 games.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Golden State was in Game 5--even without Draymond--until the middle of the 3rd quarter, when Bogut went down with a knee injury. Then, they were fucked. With no Dray, and only Ezeli and Varejao as backups, they tried fucking Harrison Barnes at center for extended periods. It was a layup line for Bron and Kyrie the rest of the half.

But that's not an excuse. Keeping mental focus and not attacking multiple persons' genitals is a pretty damn important part of being a champion. That's entirely on Draymond's crazy ass.

And it's Golden State's fault for going a full year knowing that Bogut could break at any time, and that Ezeli's knee was more severe than expected (they knew this very early on), and only having Anderson Fucking Varejao in reserve. The Varejao/Ezeli minutes crushed them in Game 7. 

Good thing they overcorrected this year and have 5 reserve centers on the roster and no depth anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, Golden State was in Game 5--even without Draymond--until the middle of the 3rd quarter, when Bogut went down with a knee injury. Then, they were fucked. With no Dray, and only Ezeli and Varejao as backups, they tried fucking Harrison Barnes at center for extended periods. It was a layup line for Bron and Kyrie the rest of the half.

But that's not an excuse. Keeping mental focus and not attacking multiple persons' genitals is a pretty damn important part of being a champion. That's entirely on Draymond's crazy ass.

And it's Golden State's fault for going a full year knowing that Bogut could break at any time, and that Ezeli's knee was more severe than expected (they knew this very early on), and only having Anderson Fucking Varejao in reserve. The Varejao/Ezeli minutes crushed them in Game 7. 

Good thing they overcorrected this year and have 5 reserve centers on the roster and no depth anywhere else.

Most won't notice, but Warriors fan will.... I'm still totally confused what led the Warriors to think they needed Looney, Bell, Zaza, McGee, Jones and West!!!  And the whole time Zaza, McGee, Bell, and Jones are firmly glued to the bench.  Now when they need an extra wing, they're pretty much fucked and IMO, they needed an extra wing in this series.  Maybe they were looking at Utah or even Cleveland although I would argue that having the extra wing would be best against the Cavs too.  If Iggy or Klay go down for 1-2 games they're fucked.  Shit if Livingston goes down, they'll be searching for answers.  Poor roster management IMO.  Maybe they were hoping McCaw would come back, but that wouldn't make sense b/c he's still 2 weeks away from being re-evaluated.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Most won't notice, but Warriors fan will.... I'm still totally confused what led the Warriors to think they needed Looney, Bell, Zaza, McGee, Jones and West!!!  And the whole time Zaza, McGee, Bell, and Jones are firmly glued to the bench.  Now when they need an extra wing, they're pretty much fucked and IMO, they needed an extra wing in this series.  Maybe they were looking at Utah or even Cleveland although I would argue that having the extra wing would be best against the Cavs too.  If Iggy or Klay go down for 1-2 games they're fucked.  Shit if Livingston goes down, they'll be searching for answers.  Poor roster management IMO.  Maybe they were hoping McCaw would come back, but that wouldn't make sense b/c he's still 2 weeks away from being re-evaluated.  

The moment that they drafted Bell, they needed to pull the plug on the JaVale McGee experience. As fun of a story as that was last season, it was time to move on. Bell does everything McGee can do with much quicker feet. The prevailing rumor was that they expected another team to offer JaVale more than the minimum and do the dirty work for them; when no one did, they felt obligated to at least offer him the minimum themselves as a thank you for his play and locker room presence. But that just created a log jam (as did Looney establishing himself in training camp...he and Jones were supposed to be the obvious choices for the two guys who didn't dress most games).

I understand the desire to keep two true centers in the regular season to have a contingency plan, if ZaZa went down, to not be small all the time. But I think you make Jones play through his "rookie" struggles until you're forced to figure something else out. Use JaVale's roster spot on a wing who may actually prove useful in a competitive playoff series; they already knew for a fact that McGee wouldn't get minutes in any series whose outcome was in at least some doubt, and signed him anyway.

I hated using the MLE exception on Young. The only non-minimum contact you can offer, and you give it to Nick Young? Should have saved it to address any glaring needs at the deadline. Casspi was a net positive whenever he played, and had the IQ to be trusted in big games, but he was stuck behind Young and McCaw. Now, Casspi is gone, McCaw is out, and it's Swaggy P time.

Young's had 2 fairly competent games to begin this series...which means 4 or 5 shit shows to end it.

To bring this all the way back around to the OP and how valuable KD is...expect him to get some run at center before this series is over.

Edited by aggie08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The moment that they drafted Bell, they needed to pull the plug on the JaVale McGee experience. As fun of a story as that was last season, it was time to move on. Bell does everything McGee can do with much quicker feet. The prevailing rumor was that they expected another team to offer JaVale more than the minimum and do the dirty work for them; when no one did, they felt obligated to at least offer him the minimum themselves as a thank you for his play and locker room presence. But that just created a log jam (as did Looney establishing himself in training camp...he and Jones were supposed to be the obvious choices for the two guys who didn't dress most games).

I understand the desire to keep two true centers in the regular season to have a contingency plan, if ZaZa went down, to not be small all the time. But I think you make Jones play through his "rookie" struggles until you're forced to figure something else out. Use JaVale's roster spot on a wing who may actually prove useful in a competitive playoff series; they already knew for a fact that McGee wouldn't get minutes in any series whose outcome was in at least some doubt, and signed him anyway.

I hated using the MLE exception on Young. The only non-minimum contact you can offer, and you give it to Nick Young? Should have saved it to address any glaring needs at the deadline. Casspi was a net positive whenever he played, and had the IQ to be trusted in big games, but he was stuck behind Young and McCaw. Now, Casspi is gone, McCaw is out, and it's Swaggy P time.

Young's had 2 fairly competent games to begin this series...which means 4 or 5 shit shows to end it.

To bring this all the way back around to the OP and how valuable KD is...expect him to get some run at center before this series is over.

It was fairly easy IMO.  They felt they had to sign Quinn Cook because they needed Curry insurance, you cut Zaza or McGee and keep Cassipi on the playoff roster, not the other way around.  Neither has any money due next year.  I have no idea why they didn't but this was a poor decision by their front office.  They'll probably get away with it but part of me feels they should lose this series on an injury to a wing to expose what a horrible decision it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KD is a Longhorn.  The hate is completely undeserved, nobody bitches and moans when this happens in another sport.  I get that some Spurs fans got angry he didn't choose San Antonio, but that isn't a sound reason for all the vitriol.  He left motherfucking Oklahoma, for God's sake.  He should get a statue built just for that.  Westbrook is a narcissistic cancer.  Westbrook + motherfucking Oklahoma.  Who wouldn't leave?  This "Be the architect of your own championship" bullshit is just that... bullshit.  It's petty, and Longhorns should be better than that to a fellow Longhorn who promotes UT and represents it well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you hate Kirk Bohls for voting against VY, yet you are a Longhorn fan or alum who hates KD because he left OKC for GS, you might want to take stock of a few things and then be embarrassed at the company you keep. Bohls, Bayless, you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

If you hate Kirk Bohls for voting against VY, yet you are a Longhorn fan or alum who hates KD because he left OKC for GS, you might want to take stock of a few things and then be embarrassed at the company you keep. Bohls, Bayless, you. 

 

The University give thanks for your tuition money.  What year did you graduate from the 40 acres?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

 

The University give thanks for your tuition money.  What year did you graduate from the 40 acres?

Oh shit I’m a total t shirt sip. Total 2%er. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

If you hate Kirk Bohls for voting against VY, yet you are a Longhorn fan or alum who hates KD because he left OKC for GS, you might want to take stock of a few things and then be embarrassed at the company you keep. Bohls, Bayless, you. 

Once again no one is making that argument 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, cafe society said:

KD is a Longhorn.  The hate is completely undeserved, nobody bitches and moans when this happens in another sport.  I get that some Spurs fans got angry he didn't choose San Antonio, but that isn't a sound reason for all the vitriol.  He left motherfucking Oklahoma, for God's sake.  He should get a statue built just for that.  Westbrook is a narcissistic cancer.  Westbrook + motherfucking Oklahoma.  Who wouldn't leave?  This "Be the architect of your own championship" bullshit is just that... bullshit.  It's petty, and Longhorns should be better than that to a fellow Longhorn who promotes UT and represents it well.

Preach on, my brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, cafe society said:

KD is a Longhorn.  The hate is completely undeserved, nobody bitches and moans when this happens in another sport.  I get that some Spurs fans got angry he didn't choose San Antonio, but that isn't a sound reason for all the vitriol.  He left motherfucking Oklahoma, for God's sake.  He should get a statue built just for that.  Westbrook is a narcissistic cancer.  Westbrook + motherfucking Oklahoma.  Who wouldn't leave?  This "Be the architect of your own championship" bullshit is just that... bullshit.  It's petty, and Longhorns should be better than that to a fellow Longhorn who promotes UT and represents it well.

/ thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KD is a great player no doubt.  I also support all UT players unless they really shame the university, and this is not the case here.  I also don't blame him for leaving OKC -- playing with Westbrook was not ideal compared to a different style of offense.  However, he is a very strange person to me in little ways.  His entire social media stuff and how he has "posted" things and so forth is really strange to me.  He seems incredibly sensitive to things that shouldn't bother someone of his stature, but it seems he entirely cares way too much about external forces rather than just saying something in his mind like "I'm F'ing Kevin Durant, f' what anyone else thinks and I'm living large in my life my way so deal with it..."  

I also think he wasn't right to not at least handle his exit from OKC differently than he did.  I can understand not talking to them before his decision (even though I would have informed them before I left personally) but why wouldn't he do so after he left?  I think the way it was handled was kind of meek - like he was afraid of conflict - and not how I would have handled things because I think you always stand up like a man and just state the truth and just man up and do it.  

 

Edited by UTDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UTDD said:

KD is a great player no doubt.  I also support all UT players unless they really shame the university, and this is not the case here.  I also don't blame him for leaving OKC -- playing with Westbrook was not ideal compared to a different style of offense.  However, he is a very strange person to me in little ways.  His entire social media stuff and how he has "posted" things and so forth is really strange to me.  He seems incredibly sensitive to things that shouldn't bother someone of his stature, but it seems he entirely cares way too much about external forces rather than just saying something in his mind like "I'm F'ing Kevin Durant, f' what anyone else thinks and I'm living large in my life my way so deal with it..."  

I also think he wasn't right to not at least handle his exit from OKC differently than he did.  I can understand not talking to them before his decision (even though I would have informed them before I left personally) but why wouldn't he do so after he left?  I think the way it was handled was kind of meek - like he was afraid of conflict - and not how I would have handled things because I think you always stand up like a man and just state the truth and just man up and do it.  

 

    A little cloaky but, as adults we talk about how kids from this era are bullied 24/7 through social media and that's why they are shooting up class rooms. Meanwhile what example are we setting by suggesting that how much money someone makes means that they should have to endure whatever we choose to say to them through social media? These kids are learning these tactics through us on a daily basis. Maybe if we weren't doing it, then they wouldn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UTDD said:

KD is a great player no doubt.  I also support all UT players unless they really shame the university, and this is not the case here.  I also don't blame him for leaving OKC -- playing with Westbrook was not ideal compared to a different style of offense.  However, he is a very strange person to me in little ways.  His entire social media stuff and how he has "posted" things and so forth is really strange to me.  He seems incredibly sensitive to things that shouldn't bother someone of his stature, but it seems he entirely cares way too much about external forces rather than just saying something in his mind like "I'm F'ing Kevin Durant, f' what anyone else thinks and I'm living large in my life my way so deal with it..."  

I also think he wasn't right to not at least handle his exit from OKC differently than he did.  I can understand not talking to them before his decision (even though I would have informed them before I left personally) but why wouldn't he do so after he left?  I think the way it was handled was kind of meek - like he was afraid of conflict - and not how I would have handled things because I think you always stand up like a man and just state the truth and just man up and do it.  

 

Dude, you’re out of touch. You and slorch should go start a club. KD is a millennial. This is what they do. His social media behavior is SOP for people of his age and profession, you just hear about his more because of his stature. I mean when is the last time he went in Twitter and said something noteworthy? How many times has he done so in total? And yet we sit here talking about it lie it’s a daily occurrence.

 

As for the second paragraph, you don’t even know what you’re talking abuout. You don’t know the ins, outs, and what have yous of the situation, yet you feel okay judging KD as “not being a man”, like you would be. Come on man.

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

    A little cloaky but, as adults we talk about how kids from this era are bullied 24/7 through social media and that's why they are shooting up class rooms. Meanwhile what example are we setting by suggesting that how much money someone makes means that they should have to endure whatever we choose to say to them through social media? These kids are learning these tactics through us on a daily basis. Maybe if we weren't doing it, then they wouldn't?

 

A little cloaky, but are you seriously comparing a teenager with 15 years of life experience, living under the confines of guardianship, with little means and opportunities for any other sort of character-building .... to a 29 year old man widely admired by adults and those same kids alike, recognized as pretty much the master of his profession/skillset, with a whole of tools at his disposal to overcome most forms of adversary?  

 

I'm not advocating children to look to athletes, musicians, celebrities as role models... but do i demand differently from them (in terms of maturity, social responsibility) than i do a teenager?  youre goddamn right i do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You demand more in terms of maturity and social responsibility from celebrities than you do teenagers? Lmao what a strange, nonsensical stance to get worked up over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

 

 

 

45 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

 

A little cloaky, but are you seriously comparing a teenager with 15 years of life experience, living under the confines of guardianship, with little means and opportunities for any other sort of character-building .... to a 29 year old man widely admired by adults and those same kids alike, recognized as pretty much the master of his profession/skillset, with a whole of tools at his disposal to overcome most forms of adversary?  

 

I'm not advocating children to look to athletes, musicians, celebrities as role models... but do i demand differently from them (in terms of maturity, social responsibility) than i do a teenager?  youre goddamn right i do

  I am suggesting that KD signed up to play basketball. I don't remember Durant getting drafted by Twitter to make millions of dollars to take abuse for them. We don't get the right to abuse people through social media simply because they play basketball. People make me shake my head. The idea that famous people somehow BELONG to us is pretty embarrassing. I feel the same way about people who think that just because they bought a ticket that gives them the right to say disrespectful shit to a player, and it's on the player to not respond to it.

Edited by Thatguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

You demand more in terms of maturity and social responsibility from celebrities than you do teenagers? Lmao what a strange, nonsensical stance to get worked up over.

but then again one expects more emotional maturity from you than from a child, but here we are.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody is saying he "belongs" to anyone, this isn't fucking slavery. People have opinions on public figures, like they always have, and they like to voice those opinions. Social media makes it easier to do than ever before to declare those thoughts publicly, and it makes it even easier for those public figures to see what people are writing about them. Some people react poorly and get their feelings hurt (KD), some people litigate the hell out of those who dare say a bad word about them (Scientologists), some people couldn't care less what a bunch of random people think (smart people). In any case, it's natural that people would also have opinions on those public figure's reactions to their thoughts, or their actions regarding those opinions, such as creating sock accounts to fight back against a bunch of nobodies or make digs at other players. No matter what the profession is, nothing will insulate them from public opinions, that's part of being a, get this....  PUBLIC FIGURE!  

Now as for the in-game stuff, sure that's technically their work environment, and they shouldn't have to deal with fans in their face or throwing things at them. Though the NBA doesn't really do them any favors by packing the sidelines with people and cameramen with giant bulky equipment. They really do need to increase the space between the bench and fans, as well as the sideline space for players and refs to operate on the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

 

 

  I am suggesting that KD signed up to play basketball. I don't remember Durant getting drafted by Twitter to make millions of dollars to take abuse for them. We don't get the right to abuse people through social media simply because they play basketball. People make me shake my head. The idea that famous people somehow BELONG to us is pretty embarrassing. I feel the same way about people who think that just because they bought a ticket that gives them the right to say disrespectful shit to a player, and it's on the player to not respond to it.

 

popularity and criticism goes hand in hand.  its part and parcel of having a high profile.  

he should be above waging twitter wars under pseudonames.

its acceptable behavior for a kid, not for a man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll ask again- when’s the last time KD did something terrible on Twitter? How many times total in his 11 year career has he done them? Reading thisbthread you’d think it’s a daily occurrence, when in reality it’s a super fucking weak reason to hate on a guy, particularly one who means so much to UT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

 

popularity and criticism goes hand in hand.  its part and parcel of having a high profile.  

he should be above waging twitter wars under pseudonames.

its acceptable behavior for a kid, not for a man.

I know, right? What a fucking loser to use anonymity to kill some time and talk a little shit? Who does that??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I know, right? What a fucking loser to use anonymity to kill some time and talk a little shit? Who does that??

apparently none of the other major figures in all the other sports, as yet known

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

apparently none of the other major figures in all the other sports, as yet known

If you believe that to be true, you are one pretty naive dude. You honestly think that celebrities and public features don't enjoy the comforts of social media/message board anonymity as much as most other people, maybe even more so? How often do they get to talk with people and say shit without having every single word dissected? Not everyone has a Brian Windhorst to spread their narrative for them. It's easy to say, "Just ignore topics and discussions about you" but I'm guessing it's much harder in practice. Celebrities aren't immune from insecurities, and athletes especially hear EVERYTHING, no matter how often they tell you otherwise.

KD is the one that got caught and deserved the jeering, but the player reaction sure as shit didn't strike me as "Holy shit, what a childish thing to do. I would never do that." It seemed to be more "Haha fucking dumbass got caught."

Edited by aggie08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If you believe that to be true, you are one pretty naive dude. You honestly think that celebrities and public features don't enjoy the comforts of social media/message board anonymity as much as most other people, maybe even more so? How often do they get to talk with people and say shit without having every single word dissected? Not everyone has a Brian Windhorst to spread their narrative for them. It's easy to say, "Just ignore topics and discussions about you" but I'm guessing much harder in practice.

KD is the one that got caught and deserved the jeering, but the player reaction sure as shit didn't strike me as "Holy shit, what a childish thing to do. I would never do that." It seemed to be more "Haha fucking dumbass got caught."

thats a very cool red herring, bro, but why do you think joe public carries the burden of proof to uncover who else enjoys secret twitter accounts?  or how does it relieve the incredibly bad and petty look on KD's part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When have I ever said that it's not a really bad look? Until someone else gets caught, he has to wear it.

I'm just not dumb enough to believe that, for every other celebrity, the only social media presence they have is their official, verified accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

When have I ever said that it's not a really bad look? Until someone else gets caught, he has to wear it.

I'm just not dumb enough to believe that, for every other celebrity, the only social media presence they have is their official, verified accounts.

are you dumb enough to believe that people think his is a solo act?

as yet known, his is the only case.  its apparent, his is the only hands in the cookie jar.

so as things stand, like you say, his ridicule is justified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many athletes have been caught saying/doing so much worse, and the blowback was a fraction of what 5280 is extolling in this thread over one pretty innocuous incident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, forget athletes, let’s talk specifically about 5280. You’ve run around this site serially negging every post I’ve made until you can’t do it any more- how is that any different from what KD has done? You’re hiding behind an anonymous handle doing/saying things you wouldn’t say or do if we all knew your true identity. How you can behave the way you do one shaggy/surly while trying to crucify KD for similar behavior is so strange. There’s a huge disconnect there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had a sock on Twitter. I don't see how that's particularly meaningful or something to put much thought into. Surely it was a little embarrassing for him to get caught, but not to the point where it should drastically change his perception and call into question his manhood. It was a sock account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Also, forget athletes, let’s talk specifically about 5280. You’ve run around this site serially negging every post I’ve made until you can’t do it any more- how is that any different from what KD has done? You’re hiding behind an anonymous handle doing/saying things you wouldn’t say or do if we all knew your true identity. How you can behave the way you do one shaggy/surly while trying to crucify KD for similar behavior is so strange. There’s a huge disconnect there.

   Bro, that's exactly what I am talking about. People expect basketball players to do things they don't or wouldn't endure/do, and it's beyond ridiculous. Plus rep.

Edited by Thatguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Also, forget athletes, let’s talk specifically about 5280. You’ve run around this site serially negging every post I’ve made until you can’t do it any more- how is that any different from what KD has done? You’re hiding behind an anonymous handle doing/saying things you wouldn’t say or do if we all knew your true identity. How you can behave the way you do one shaggy/surly while trying to crucify KD for similar behavior is so strange. There’s a huge disconnect there.

   We should be able to disagree on a message board and go our sep ways like adults. I can appreciate Aggie, Patrick, and yourself even though we may not see eye to eye on things. I still come here for the conversation, and if it were the real world I would like to think that I would say anything I have said on this board to anyone here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Nobody is saying he "belongs" to anyone, this isn't fucking slavery. People have opinions on public figures, like they always have, and they like to voice those opinions. Social media makes it easier to do than ever before to declare those thoughts publicly, and it makes it even easier for those public figures to see what people are writing about them. Some people react poorly and get their feelings hurt (KD), some people litigate the hell out of those who dare say a bad word about them (Scientologists), some people couldn't care less what a bunch of random people think (smart people). In any case, it's natural that people would also have opinions on those public figure's reactions to their thoughts, or their actions regarding those opinions, such as creating sock accounts to fight back against a bunch of nobodies or make digs at other players. No matter what the profession is, nothing will insulate them from public opinions, that's part of being a, get this....  PUBLIC FIGURE!  

Now as for the in-game stuff, sure that's technically their work environment, and they shouldn't have to deal with fans in their face or throwing things at them. Though the NBA doesn't really do them any favors by packing the sidelines with people and cameramen with giant bulky equipment. They really do need to increase the space between the bench and fans, as well as the sideline space for players and refs to operate on the court.

    I know how it works. Call me crazy, but I am old school on these kinds of things. I enjoyed it when the dude leaned over the rail to tell James Harden he was the worst flopper in the league, immediately got his comeupins, and went straight to whiny bitch mode. More people in life, on twitter, and courtside at the game need to get popped in the mouth and you would see the level of disrespect and verbal abuse go down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5280 has negged me three times since my last post, but won’t discuss anything with me like an adult. If we all knew that 5280 was really Steve Johnson from Johnson Plumbing on East Lamar then he wouldn’t behave like this. So he creates a fake internet persona and does it that way instead. And then he rails on KD like he choked a baby on national TV for signing up a sock account for himself. That’s pathetic.

 

edit: aaannnddd that’s four negs. He’s lucky we don’t ban people for hypocrisy.

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...