Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

29 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Twinkie titties

Mentioned Xavier Worthy a couple weeks ago as a guy to keep an eye on if he wasn't able to enroll early at Michigan. Looks like he in fact did not enroll this week with the other guys.

A Rivals100 member out of California, Worthy almost flipped to Alabama at the last minute before signing with Michigan in December. There's been speculation that if he was not able to enroll at Michigan in January, he could try to get out of his LOI and re-open his recruitment. If that happens, I'd expect Texas will receive consideration. 

At first it looked yesterday like he was going to enroll, but Worthy tweeted this last night and wasn't included in a video Michigan put out welcoming the early enrollees.

Michigan boards took this as him likely enrolling at Meat Chicken in the summer 

10 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Grasping at straws here, but Wiltfong's aggy CB for LJ Johnson is down to a confidence level of 1 (when he initially flipped it it was a 4). Sounds like it's still a toss up.

that's great news honestly

side note: you have an 80 grade name

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, PsychMike said:

Since I'm less refined, I've got the sounds of Officer Clark from Hollywood Knights singing stuck in my head. "Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia. He was an English Guy. He came to fight the Turkish."

Damn me!

HAHA i was gonna say the same thing. Love that movie

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Did LJ show up on a campus today?  Wiltfong has an update on the 247 board.

non-update 995er update 

Obviously my colleagues are talking to people around the Johnson camp and are hearing Aggies from them. In addition to that, I do think he has remained in touch with Texas and has been struggling to make a decision. I haven't heard anything from anyone that's told me it's a done deal in any direction.

Johnson loves what Jimbo Fisher has done with RBs in the past and the Aggies have recruited him as their unwavered No. 1 running back this cycle. Dalvin Cook's success among the things mentioned from Fisher's past.

I do believe Texas led for Johnson during the season and the family likes Stan Drayton and what they saw from Coach Sark and his production on offense and role and growth from Najee.

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

non-update 995er update 

Elko straight-up told Wiltfong today or last night that they honestly have no fucking clue what the recruit is going to do. I'm guessing the aggie $9.95ers are chirping the whole thing up into their echo chamber of "we've got him!" and they'll slap themselves on the back if the guy does, in fact, show up and enroll in CS. It's pretty obvious that no one actually has any idea what the player is going to do though. It may very well wind up being decided by who drives the guy to campus.

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Elko straight-up told Wiltfong today or last night that they honestly have no fucking clue what the recruit is going to do. I'm guessing the aggie $9.95ers are chirping the whole thing up into their echo chamber of "we've got him!" and they'll slap themselves on the back if the guy does, in fact, show up and enroll in CS. It's pretty obvious that no one actually has any idea what the player is going to do though. It may very well wind up being decided by who drives the guy to campus.

hope he's got some good tires

From Perroni, on LJ Johnson:

Spoiler

I've still been told he's not likely to announce this week. He's also still planning to enroll this spring, but that could change. It will be weird with the timing of classes since both A&M and Texas started today.

After visiting A&M this past weekend, I've been told by somebody close to the recruitment that Johnson is planning to visit Austin at some point this week. The exact date is not set yet.

Obviously, with him not being in classes yet, Johnson's mind is not made up either way. This coming weekend could be pretty telling as he will want to get in classes without missing too much time.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

From Perroni, on LJ Johnson:

Reveal hidden contents

I've still been told he's not likely to announce this week. He's also still planning to enroll this spring, but that could change. It will be weird with the timing of classes since both A&M and Texas started today.

After visiting A&M this past weekend, I've been told by somebody close to the recruitment that Johnson is planning to visit Austin at some point this week. The exact date is not set yet.

Obviously, with him not being in classes yet, Johnson's mind is not made up either way. This coming weekend could be pretty telling as he will want to get in classes without missing too much time.

LJ gonna pull a Wanya Morris on aggy?  Just show up and enroll/stay?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach, on LJ.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.5f425f0fe9f075e2db112f9eed8486af.png

Strange recruitment. Keeps pushing back his decision/enrollment but he doesn't come off as attention whoring; he hasn't tweeted since September. Aside from some vague mentions of "people around him are pushing for A&M" it doesn't even feel like a particularly dirty recruitment, just a kid who is truly torn about what the best decision for him is.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

How does a recruit like that end up a Minnesota commit in the first place?

Not many opportunities for me to give insight on Nebraska recruits, but he is thought to be pretty overrated and flaky from what I’ve heard. Might just be because he didn’t want to be a Husker, so who knows for sure.

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Strange recruitment. Keeps pushing back his decision/enrollment but he doesn't come off as attention whoring; he hasn't tweeted since September. Aside from some vague mentions of "people around him are pushing for A&M" it doesn't even feel like a particularly dirty recruitment, just a kid who is truly torn about what the best decision for him is.

It's because he is looking for a reason to come to Texas despite us being a shit show this year under Herman while aggy is a top 5 team.  I think Sark will close this deal if he's half the recruiter people tout him to be.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It's because he is looking for a reason to come to Texas despite us being a shit show this year under Herman while aggy is a top 5 team.  I think Sark will close this deal if he's half the recruiter people tout him to be.  

Definitely feels like if aggy couldn’t close the deal on the visit with all their on-field success this year, then he’ll probably end up to the good guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Rudy Tomjanovich.

• Haha 3

On 1/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, RGBIII said:

I like Lawrence a lot. Developmental guy with a staff that can actually develop...yes please. If Sanders is at TE, I would take Lawrence and Abiara

Lawrence? Lawrence what of Arabia?

That name sounds like royalty. Are you royalty?

I don't like the name Lawrence, only faggots and sailors are called Lawrence. From now on you're Gomer Pyle.

@BERT will appreciate this quote.

Edited by PHLaggie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

If Texas lets Ibraheem sign and lands LJ, I think that's four spots left. It'll be interesting to see how those are used. I'd think that one of these DL (Lawrence or Abiara) gets a spot, and probably an OL. Use the others for transfers, late 2021 prospect adds, or save them for 2022?

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

If Texas lets Ibraheem sign and lands LJ, I think that's four spots left. It'll be interesting to see how those are used. I'd think that one of these DL (Lawrence or Abiara) gets a spot, and probably an OL. Use the others for transfers, late 2021 prospect adds, or save them for 2022?

Going off of the offers they're making it looks like they intend to use all the scholarships. Do grad transfers affect these numbers this year? If Sark has picked up the Saban roster management skills then we're probably going to sign as many guys as we can and purge them later.

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Sounds like Uke will be a take if he wants to come here.

39 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Lawrence? Lawrence what of Arabia?

That name sounds like royalty. Are you royalty?

I don't like the name Lawrence, only faggots and sailors are called Lawrence. From now on you're Gomer Pyle.

@BERT will appreciate this quote.

Don't tell me what i will or won't appreciate! 

• Hook 'Em 1

It should be noted (at least watching the UW/Bama' game again) that Vita Vea played one of the OLB/DE spots and he was 300+ lbs I believe, so it's not out of the question guys like Lawrence, Abiara, and even current guys like Ojomo and maybe Collins can play it.  I bet that's where we see Jordon Thomas as well.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

https://247sports.com/player/ty-marsh-46097140/

Gideon now following. Decommited from UH in December.

At the end of the day, this kid is just a solid football player. Makes much more of an impact in games than you would assume by looking at him.

Stature aside, he reminds me of Quandre Diggs or Earl Thomas. He just shows up and makes plays.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I bet we get Lawrence and Abiara (its a bigger need with Sanders at TE). A close of Johnson, Lawrence, Abiara, Ibraheem and Uke would leave me gruntled

If we get that and have just 1 or 2 spots left do we take a transfer or save for 22'?  Wouldn't mind finding an OL to bring in.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd