NASCAR shuts down "Let's Go Brandon!" sponsorship for Brandon Brown

C-Man

On 1/6/2022 at 5:32 PM, RDCanecutter said:

I blame Lee Greenwood and his shitty Least-Ah-Know-Ah'm-Free song. I loved celebrating America until I heard that shitty song.

And now I can't even run off to Canada because Lee Greenwood did another version of his shitty song for them too.

And I'd gladly stand up next to you and tell you you're wrong.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Liberals are well known for their tolerance of dissenting opinions.  See this board as a prime example.  

We all know you are the victim here sack. No need to belabor the point and highlight the meanness with which this board treats you. 

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

It is pretty funny though. I work on a Navy base, which means I hear the national anthem every single day at exactly 8AM. And, every day at 8AM, you see the exact same thing: military and ex-military, Navy divers, spec ops guys, dudes who have actually been in the shit...anyone within 20 feet of a building is ducking in to avoid having to stand still for 90 seconds.

But I have a dozen in-laws who never served a day in their life, and claim that they'll never watch another football game because of Colin Kaepernick.

The Office Thank You GIF

And this is any military base pretty much.

I saw it in the early 90s, and saw it a few years ago at Fort Hood when visiting a friend.

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

And I'd gladly stand up next to you and tell you you're wrong.

Props for fitting that to the meter of the song. :)

I do wonder why we don't just SING the Star Spangled Banner. As in, everybody stands their little fat ass up, draws in a deep breath, and BELTS that song out. Why do we need somebody's spoiled niece in Western Wear or a Rue Paul Wannabe to sing it to us?

And if you can't bother to learn one verse, GTF back to Guatemala. Oh, "But I'm not FROM Guatemala?" Ha. You are now. Better luck with their song, foreigner.

And of course we're only singing the first verse. You never go full Francis Scott Key.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Office Thank You GIF

And this is any military base pretty much.

I saw it in the early 90s, and saw it a few years ago at Fort Hood when visiting a friend.

Counterpoint: at Ft. Bragg in OCS, when they blew the trumpet we went into front leaning rest, in formation, using one arm so we could salute with the other.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

um, what?

you are such a fucking joke of a poster. 

when people roll their eyes at you, it's a pretty clear indication that maybe you haven't thought things through. but it's also an indication of disagreement, and you know what? disagreeing about political opinions is basically the fucking foundation of this country. 

when you bitch about people being intolerant of your opinions, you are basically being a child about it. 

argue your opinions. complaining about people disagreeing? i mean, are you 7 years old?

this is why i laugh when people talk about the cloak room as a cabal or however you want to try to characterize it. i'm sorry yall cannot successfully argue your opinions. this isn't an echo chamber any more than the old shaggybevo cr was a conservative echo chamber. good rhetoric with good opinions - that works. when you can't argue successfully, you should not blame the person with whom you argue. it's on you, dude.

This isn’t exactly right, though. At least it’s not everyone’s story.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

um, what?

when people roll their eyes at you, it's a pretty clear indication that maybe you haven't thought things through. but it's also an indication of disagreement, and you know what? disagreeing about political opinions is basically the fucking foundation of this country. 

when you bitch about people being intolerant of your opinions, you are basically being a child about it. 

argue your opinions. complaining about people disagreeing? i mean, are you 7 years old?

this is why i laugh when people talk about the cloak room as a cabal or however you want to try to characterize it. i'm sorry yall cannot successfully argue your opinions. this isn't an echo chamber any more than the old shaggybevo cr was a conservative echo chamber. good rhetoric with good opinions - that works. when you can't argue successfully, you should not blame the person with whom you argue. it's on you, dude.

I have no doubt you and the rest of you all truly believe this.  You are the same dumbfucks who did Russia conspiracy and sucked Hugo’s cock for 4 years.  This board is a mirror of Texags politics.  

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I have no doubt you and the rest of you all truly believe this.  You are the same dumbfucks who did Russia conspiracy and sucked Hugo’s cock for 4 years.  This board is a mirror of Texags politics.  

Oh fuck off. Anastasis gets along just fine on this board, and doesn't get crowd sourced when he (very often) points out the absurdities of the Russia shit and Surly's own left wing conspiracy loons who became too emotionally invested in it.

But he's smart as fuck, uses facts and logic, and has no problem whatsoever criticizing what the right has become (as long as he can squeeze in a "both sides" somewhere). And you're...you. Which mostly amounts to low effort "how many libtards can I piss off today?" quasi trolling.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Oh fuck off. Anastasis gets along just fine on this board, and doesn't get crowd sourced when he (very often) points out the absurdities of the Russia shit and Surly's own left wing conspiracy loons who became too emotionally invested in it.

But he's smart as fuck, uses facts and logic, and has no problem whatsoever criticizing what the right has become (as long as he can squeeze in a "both sides" somewhere). And you're...you. Which mostly amounts to low effort "how many libtards can I piss off today?" quasi trolling.

I don’t give a shit about you or what you post.  So you can go fuck yourself.  You libs get to wear the stain of Hugo and the Russia collusion big lie.  You fucks are Q left.  Own it.  You aren’t any better than Texags politics.  

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

um, what?

Uhhhhhh no.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Playing the national anthem belittles others?  I mean yeah, making fun of a hilariously inept president with a funny slogan could be offensive, and I get that piece.

It's funny how your 'humble' reply contains a nice element of the 'superiority complex" your fuckers embrace.  Oh don't forget how you are a self-described critical thinker also.  Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, and all of that...

Parden me while I roll my fucking eyes.  LOlz.

I was actually directing all of it at you, you whiney, eye rolling fucktard.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t give a shit about you or what you post.  So you can go fuck yourself.  You libs get to wear the stain of Hugo and the Russia collusion big lie.  You fucks are Q left.  Own it.  You aren’t any better than Texags politics.  

Feisty!

Sorta like you own the right spreading their ass cheeks for Trumpism, the GOP purging everyone from the party who doesn't bend the knee, believing in bullshit conspiracies from the Office of the President to the point of violence (or pretending to believe in them to jam through voter suppression), and fairly open sedition?Oh my bad, you voted for 4 more years of it. So remind me, who is closer aligned to the extremes on their "side"?

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Lulz

I, for the most part, like Sack.  

I think that if we knew each other in real life, we'd get along just fine.  Politics aside, we have some things in common, and I'm sure we'd have plenty of laughs during a card game, at the firing range, bouncing along in a jeep, whatever. 

One thing about Sack that really bugs me...one thing.  Sack's a Cruz supporter and donor.  Cruz is such a fucking cunt, that I don't think I could even stand to get a blowjob from a hot chick that likes Cruz.  And I REALLY like blowjobs from hot chicks. 

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Let’s not forget A’s cooking skills, dude puts out some good looking grub. 

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I, for the most part, like Sack.  

I think that if we knew each other in real life, we'd get along just fine.  Politics aside, we have some things in common, and I'm sure we'd have plenty of laughs during a card game, at the firing range, bouncing along in a jeep, whatever. 

One thing about Sack that really bugs me...one thing.  Sack's a Cruz supporter and donor.  Cruz is such a fucking cunt, that I don't think I could even stand to get a blowjob from a hot chick that likes Cruz.  And I REALLY like blowjobs from hot chicks. 

I'm sorry I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. I mean I was born at night, but it wasn't last night. Either you like blow jobs from hot chicks or you don't.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/6/2022 at 9:38 AM, C-Man said:

Thanks. Yeah, her parents (mother, at least) drinks the Fox News Kool-Aid but are not the slightest bit confrontational about it. My MIL's sister lives in Tulsa and she's been to a couple Trump rallies, including the infamous one in 2020 that killed Herman Cain (I think). We got to their house exactly at the moment she called my BIL to obviously laugh (tee-hee, tee-hee) about his "joke" on us that was about to be discovered. They'd obviously been talking about it. It's just so fucking petty -- just like this "joke" the company that wanted to do the sponsorship and Brandon Brown in this case. His quotes are completely contradictory -- I don't want to be cancelled for something I had nothing to do with yet I want to profit from this sponsorship on my car that is crystal fucking clear what it's trying to say.

The best way to handle that shit with relatives is to just say you don't get it, ask who's Brandon and make them explain it with a confused look on your face then say "That's pretty stupid"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

The best way to handle that shit with relatives is to just say you don't get it, ask who's Brandon and make them explain it with a confused look on your face then say "That's pretty stupid"

“Let’s Go Brandon” is exhibit 67,318 in the “conservative humor sucks” list. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Cruz is such a fucking cunt, that I don't think I could even stand to get a blowjob from a hot chick that likes Cruz.  And I REALLY like blowjobs from hot chicks. 

Beer, as always, is your friend. First you drink the precise amount of beer until she's hot, then you drink some more until you forget she likes Cruz.

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The sack vouching for Texags and criticizing surly for not being more like it and in fact the opposite.

Classic.

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You fucks are Q left.

There is nothing on the left even remotely approaching the complete batshit insanity and stupidity of Q and Qanon.  Nothing.  

Even the people who think Paul McCartney died in a car crash in 1966 and was replaced by an imposter look at the Q/Qanon crowd and think "wow, you guys are fucking idiots and mental rejects!"

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is nothing on the left even remotely approaching the complete batshit insanity and stupidity of Q and Qanon.  Nothing.  

Even the people who think Paul McCartney died in a car crash in 1966 and was replaced by an imposter look at the Q/Qanon crowd and think "wow, you guys are fucking idiots and mental rejects!"

Wait Paul McCartney is dead ?

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The ramblings of a deranged person.

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Shit, forget Q. People who think that the election was fraudulent--so, like, 60% of Republican voters at last polling--are approaching 9/11 truther status.

Of course, all of our illustrious surly Trump voters (well, except Ttom) manage to fall in the other 40%. Man, what are the odds?

If Facebook and social media was a thing in 2001, we absolutely would have had 50 million people talking about the melting point of steel beams.

Edited by aggie08

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

um, what?

I think his posting history shows he is not used to his views being challenged in his life outside of here. I find that people who always believe they are right are people who spread a whole bunch of negativity without even realizing how toxic their words are.

If Sack wants to have some good faith conversations here he could do it, but it would mean he would have to see a point of view that is not his own. Hopefully he can get there at some point because otherwise he is just wasting precious time in his life being negative and abrasive because of his perceived opinion of those here who do not agree with what he is saying.

I have a book I have partially read called Ego is the Enemy. I can attest to that title being true in my own life at one point. I think Sack, and many of us honestly, need to set that aside and attempt to speak like adults here instead of flinging insults at each other like we’re in elementary school.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, elfenix said:

complaints about being cancelled from the if-you-don't-celebrate-america-the-exact-same-way-i-celebrate-america-then-you're-not-a-real-american crowd are fucking rich

Agreed.  So why do people get so bent out of fucking shape about the anthem being played or having a flyover?

You know the answer.  It offends their guilt.  IDGAF about their guilt.  They can steep in it all they want, but the rest of us don't have to.  I'm not judging their opinion, but rather saying it isn't shared by myself and many others.  We don't have to stand down because of the other folks.

And the notion that everyone stranding for the anthem thinks we're perfect is just asinine.

Edited by slorch

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“Let’s Go Brandon” is exhibit 67,318 in the “conservative humor sucks” list. 

It's also exhibit 67319 why the left looks so ridiculous in not being able to laugh at anything.

It was funny.  Biden is a fucking joke of a President and deserves every bit of it.  Sometimes you just have to own your shit.

It's accountability, but that has no place in a political discussion, I know.

I rarely look at other message boards but since we were slammed as being the mirror opposite of Tiger droppings and texags, I went over to check out their content. I read QAnon conspiracies, anti vaccine and anti military. I was surprised by the last one but far right posters were going after the US military.  I appreciate the compliment that we’re not them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Why do you think The Beatles eventually broke up? The surviving three Beatles couldn’t stand the new “fake” Paul?

Sorry to burst your bubble. I was always a Team John guy myself.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Agreed.  So why do people get so bent out of fucking shape about the anthem being played or having a flyover?

You know the answer.  It offends their guilt.  IDGAF about their guilt.  They can steep in it all they want, but the rest of us don't have to.  I'm not judging their opinion, but rather saying it isn't shared by myself and many others.  We don't have to stand down because of the other folks.

And the notion that everyone stranding for the anthem thinks we're perfect is just asinine.

I have never given much thought to the anthem being played at sporting events. Life is way too short to spend time worrying about a national anthem being played. If you don’t want to hear it show up late or go to the concession stand. I’m cool it’s people who take it seriously.

When I go to Yankee games there is a group amongst the Bleacher Creatures in 203 that always has the flag out for the national anthem as well as God Bless America in the 7th inning. It’s an older man and he usually has someone helping him hold it up. I have never been offended by that and I don’t think anyone else should be either. 

2 hours ago, slorch said:

It's also exhibit 67319 why the left looks so ridiculous in not being able to laugh at anything.

It was funny.  Biden is a fucking joke of a President and deserves every bit of it.  Sometimes you just have to own your shit.

You have got to be kidding. Let’s go Brandon isn’t funny. It’s just juvenile and stupid. I might have thought it funny when I was in first grade but probably not. 

If you want to say fuck joe Biden go right ahead. But this whole “let’s go Brandon! Tee hee hee” Is just dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I rarely look at other message boards but since we were slammed as being the mirror opposite of Tiger droppings and texags, I went over to check out their content. I read QAnon conspiracies, anti vaccine and anti military. I was surprised by the last one but far right posters were going after the US military.  I appreciate the compliment that we’re not them.

I have no clue why sack thinks he’s insulting this board when he says it’s the opposite of texags. It’s a huge compliment and oh by the way, since when was it an insult to longhorn fans to say they’re not aggy. 

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Why do you care? For some reason, the photo of the flyover seems to have you confused when I don't believe anyone else brought that up besides me and that was when we were actually discussing the commercial aspect of sporting events. It is entirely possible for many spectators to hold more than one thought about a subject. For example, I enjoy flyovers, they are impressive and I appreciate the engineers, scientists, mechanics, and pilots that design, maintain, and fly the aircraft. Watching how close the formation is and at low altitude it's simultaneously thrilling and a little scary when you think how those are friendly at the moment but can be deadly toward an enemy. So, they are a recruiting tool and an exciting patriotic display of America's military might. Plus, IIRC, some of the pilots use the time to gain whatever it is pilots need to stay (I don't know the term here? hours? certification for take-offs and landings? Whatever). More than one thought. Imagine. If someone doesn't share those thoughts anywhere but a discussion board, it doesn't affect you or me one way or another.

It's a discussion. I'm not bent out of shape, why are you? Look up, stand up, observe, sit down and watch the event. No one sitting next to you is going to beat you over the head one way or another. I don't look around at a track meet and ask myself why are these people doing this or that, unless maybe they are picking their nose, kicking a seatback, or starting a fight, but I sure as heck keep my thoughts to myself there. That is none of my business, unless they are my *offspring in which case I'm all over that.

But on a discussion board, that we discuss various perspectives? The horror.

*my offspring do not do those things in public because that would ensure we never left the house with them ever again.

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Ridiculous statement to say the left can’t laugh at anything. 

The original interview with the reporter saying the chant was let’s go Brandon was funny. The actual chant of fuck Joe Biden was not funny. That so many have used LGB since then as a proxy for FJB is not funny. 

and “joke of a president” is highly subjective. It’s not like he’s saluted officers of a foreign country. 

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ridiculous statement to say the left can’t laugh at anything. 

The original interview with the reporter saying the chant was let’s go Brandon was funny. The actual chant of fuck Joe Biden was not funny. That so many have used LGB since then as a proxy for FJB is not funny. 

and “joke of a president” is highly subjective. It’s not like he’s saluted officers of a foreign country. 

"The original interview with the reporter saying the chant was let’s go Brandon was funny." ----Yes, it really took them a minute. What got me was the movie, Rudy,  and that announcer from the game. What if they were chanting 'booty' the whole time?

"...That so many have used LGB since then..."----this has been an amazing confluence of grift and framing in order to fire up disparate groups and pull them together.

and they drove plenty of dorks who think that the pit reporter is part of some deep media conspiracy for LYING ABOUT WHAT SHE HEARD!!!!!!1!!1!!1! and should have ADDRESSED THE CROWD CHANTING FUCK JOE BIDEN LIVE ON AIR!!!!1!1!!q11!!!!!1!one as if that's something a pit reporter would ever do.  

6 hours ago, slorch said:

6 hours ago, slorch said:

It's not bad that it's played, it's that it's become some kind of litmus test of one's patriotism by many on the right.

I knew way too many people who were bitching about Kaepernick that, prior to the whole kneeling thing, would happily duck out to the shitter or snack stand or whatever, because they didn't care.  Prior to Kaepernick, it was just one more thing that stretched out already-too-long sporting events for them.

I knew Republicans who shit all over Nate Boyer (if you don't know who he is, you can search Surly) for his support of Kaepernick and his comments.

And these same Republicans shit all over John McCain for supporting Kaepernick's kneeling.

Way too many of these fuckers bitching could not be bothered to serve in the military, but they wanted to shit all over a Green Beret or a Vietnam POW, who were just fine with Kaepernick and others doing their thing.

• Hook 'Em 1