Things not going well for BLM

Johnny Sack

14 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The difference is most conservative movements these days are neither valid nor important.  They are culture war piss takes.

How can you just sit there and say that rebelling against the demasculization of Mr. Potato Head is neither valid nor important?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Satchel said:

How do you end up talking about Stacey Abrams on your BLM thread?

Because he didn't want to address the many apt arguments that his little victory wasn't a victory over BLM at all. 

He forms the heart of his op on a fact run through the hyperbole machine at the Washington Examiner who chooses to quote a GOP voter suppression advocate about the evil that is a movement wanting the police to stop murdering black people.

Imagine the midset. The ability to contort to embrace the hateful dogma that has become a part of your identity is astonishing in a person of certainly above mean intelligence.

Somebody gave him an out by mentioning a overweight black woman who, to his mind and others, can be nothing more than a laughable fat caricature from a 1930's American comedy. Abrams doesn't personify any virtue, wisdom, or altruism; she's a grotesque symbol of the white man's de facto superiority. 

I'm a white man. We're a big fucking problem for this country. We, even the good ones, should step aside and hand over the reins to everybody else for a awhile. They can consult some of us at their pleasure or ignore us completely if it suits them. They surely know the drill.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes she is. She recently again claimed that election was stolen.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/23/republicans-big-lie-stacey-abrams-525987

What’s the problem?

Abrams said Kemp “won under the rules of the game at the time, but the game was rigged against the voters of Georgia.”

“I, on November 16, 2018, acknowledged at the top of my speech that Brian Kemp is the governor of Georgia and I even wished him well at the end of the speech,” Abrams said. “And in the middle, I talked about the fact we had a system that he managed, that he manipulated, hurt Georgia voters and the responsibility of leaders is to challenge systems that are not serving the people.”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Satchel said:

What’s the problem?

Abrams said Kemp “won under the rules of the game at the time, but the game was rigged against the voters of Georgia.”

“I, on November 16, 2018, acknowledged at the top of my speech that Brian Kemp is the governor of Georgia and I even wished him well at the end of the speech,” Abrams said. “And in the middle, I talked about the fact we had a system that he managed, that he manipulated, hurt Georgia voters and the responsibility of leaders is to challenge systems that are not serving the people.”

Shhhh. That's the exact same as a sitting President taking every opportunity over 4 years to lie about election fraud, refuse to concede, take a piss on the usual transfer of power, retweet every shit for brains conspiracy theory he can find, unleash some of the worst lawyering this country has ever seen, and rile up a mob of angry morons (that he invited to the Capitol) with those lies.*

The. Exact. Same.

*All with full GOP support and enabling.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes she is. She recently again claimed that election was stolen.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/23/republicans-big-lie-stacey-abrams-525987

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table.  Make shit up, present lies as truth.     

You can't lose an argument, if you run away.  - Johnny Sack

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, tchookem said:
10 hours ago, Nivek said:
So no rebuttal?  No pounding on the table with facts?  Not pounding on the table with emotion?   Just quietly fade away and snuggle with your customized kyle rittenhouse boyfriend pillow.    

Sleeping it off.

more respectable actually.  

On 2/5/2022 at 5:16 PM, Nivek said:

Abrams won the election but for the tossing of votes by her opponent. Since it pushed him over the top, he had a duty to do it without error. He didn’t and many of those tossed votes were legitimate and won her the election.

So yes, you GQP types steal elections and don’t give a shit about the rule of law, will of the people, or our country. I said it back in the Hornfans.com days, you are team over country as a party and have always been. Only some of you woke up.

So now will you continue to beat around the bush or will you just man up and say it. Should districts look like Dan Crenshaw’s? Should voting be restricted in certain communities and is disenfranchisement acceptable as long as you win?

Do you believe that others should have the same access to vote as you do? Do you believe the people who storm the capitol and threatened to murder the sitting Vice President and other members of Congress were just enthusiastic political discourses?

Or will you fade away into a safe space and never answer the question?

Everyone has the same access to vote.  Voting has never been easier.  There are weeks of early voting in Texas.  Some of the most restrictive states are northern, liberal states.

As to gerrymandering, it has happened for over 100 years.  It is why democrats had a stranglehold on the House for most of the 20th century.  It is also an issue caused by the requirement for minority majority districts.  Democrats still do it in states they control but don't like it that the GOP is now doing it now that the GOP wins statewide elections in a majority of the states.

What proof do you have Abrams really won?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Everyone has the same access to vote.  Voting has never been easier.  There are weeks of early voting in Texas.  Some of the most restrictive states are northern, liberal states.

As to gerrymandering, it has happened for over 100 years.  It is why democrats had a stranglehold on the House for most of the 20th century.  It is also an issue caused by the requirement for minority majority districts.  Democrats still do it in states they control but don't like it that the GOP is now doing it now that the GOP wins statewide elections in a majority of the states.

The parties steal tactics from each other since forever, If they did it we'll do it.  The akuna ma-ta-ta principle applies to many around here.

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Narrator: “No, everyone does not have the same access to vote, and no it has never been easier in the United States.”

You have a hard time voting?

Who does?

I am for ample early voting in person -- everyone should use an ID.  And measures to prevent ballot harvesting.  Most of Europe has no or limited mail in voting.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I mean New York is doing this.

https://news.yahoo.com/york-legislature-oks-gerrymander-could-222520005.html

There was an awful lot of leftie dick sucking going on when it was realized they would redo the census and remap to “fix” them. And lots of openly cheering it on, and “our turn, fuck yeah” comments so gtfo with your concern for gerrymandering. Your concern stops the millisecond your party is the beneficiary. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

There was an awful lot of leftie dick sucking going on when it was realized they would redo the census and remap to “fix” them. And lots of openly cheering it on, and “our turn, fuck yeah” comments so gtfo with your concern for gerrymandering. Your concern stops the millisecond your party is the beneficiary. 

What if I think it sucks for *bothsides*? I think gerrymandering is one of the biggest reasons for the shitty discourse in this country. When your only fear of losing your seat is getting flanked by someone more extreme in your own party, you have no motivation to do anything but squawk about how "evil" the other side is. There should never be a +20 district for either party. If the software exists to make these crazy Rorschach test districts that are +20 or +30 R or D, then that same software could be used to draw every district +/- 3%. Make congress critters go out and win the adults in the middle based on their ideas and records of public service. There are so many issues that poll over 60% in both parties, but we can't solve them because our "leaders" would rather fundraise off them than get in a room with the other party and solve them.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Who does?

I am for ample early voting in person -- everyone should use an ID.  And measures to prevent ballot harvesting.  Most of Europe has no or limited mail in voting.

spacer.png

To be fair, Italy doesn't have 6 months after every election to wait for the mail-in votes to arrive.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

What if I think it sucks for *bothsides*? I think gerrymandering is one of the biggest reasons for the shitty discourse in this country.

That’s fine. My issue is those acting like it wasn’t openly rooted for and celebrated when the tides turned. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

One party has proposed legislation to ban partisan gerrymandering outright, and the other party is filibustering it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s fine. My issue is those acting like it wasn’t openly rooted for and celebrated when the tides turned. 

As long as the states control the redistricting process, my idea is pretty pie in the sky. It's a bit like nuclear weapons. I'm not getting rid of mine unless the other guy does, the other guy isn't getting rid of his until I get rid of mine, so it's a stalemate. The funny thing is I doubt it would change the overall makeup of Congress in terms of number of seats, but it would be a big change in the quality of representatives. I doubt we would ever see more than a 20 seat majority from either party, and it would likely be closer to 10 or high single digits. 

While we're at it, lets kill the Hastert rule. If a bill makes it out of committee, bring it to the floor for a vote. Get everyone on record and make them go back to their districts and defend their record. 

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

let's not let facts get in the way of his super-compelling argument

I see you’ve been able to dry your tears.  I’m sure the D would love to take and redraw everything to make it more “fair”. Just leave it up to them, they’ll get it figured out for errbody. And you know, if there’s only a +20 swing, no big deal right?  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Your ignorance is disturbing and laughable.

The thing is, you aren't ignorant.  You are a racist troll who knows exactly how difficult it has become for minorities to vote, particularly in the southern US.  Negged.

I mean, do they just not have elections at all in Kosovo?  Is that the deal?  Or do they have elections but they have no postal service of any kind, making the poll about allowing/disallowing voting by mail a moot point?  

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

the republicans brought a gun to the fight and if the democrats also acquire a gun after being shot at then we know they were lying when they said they were against gunfights

--fatty, probably

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I mean, do they just not have elections at all in Kosovo?  Is that the deal?  Or do they have elections but they have no postal service of any kind, making the poll about allowing/disallowing voting by mail a moot point?  

Must've been some bastard Serbs that made the map.

https://www.kqz-ks.org/an/sherbimet-per-votuesit/votimi-me-poste/