Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Based on their history the SEC changed their logo shortly before adding more teams. Here’s to hoping the addition of Texas and OU allows for a rebrand and the logo we have to put on the uniform is much better aesthetically.

F51DF1BE-3D52-4A59-AB42-E7C92D800E71.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

looch: "you wouldn't see this same type treatment to a conference blue blood"

finebaum:  "hold on here, explain how you think they were mistreated"

looch: 10 minutes of "we were ambushed and they didn't tell us"

finebaum: "it's hard for me to believe that greg sankey would have gone this far down the road without talking to sharp, i have been told that the presidents were told that they couldn't tell the ADs, everyone there on wednesday is convinced that it's hard to believe the timing of the zwereneman story breaking while he (finebaum) was standing 3 feet from bjork the prevailing wind is that this was a leak from sharp or someone near him and this circumstances are hard to believe that all this happened spontaneously at 340pm on wednesday afternoon"

looch: "we took down a post on texags tuesday night talking about the move" (what that has to do with anything no clue)

looch: more rambling about respect on the field

looch: "the time to bring this out was weeks ago and months ago"

finebaum: "people in birmingham are not happy about the leak/story happening in the middle of their wonderful event; someone was trying to get this story out, i can guarantee you that"

+++++

powers that be are not happy with aggy

This confirms ctj’s premise that the AD’s weren’t involved. Interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Liucci on Finebaum right now. Saying A&M fans are getting angrier by the day. It's hilarious. 

Oh no, we better watch out or they will do something stupid 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Based on their history the SEC changed their logo shortly before adding more teams. Here’s to hoping the addition of Texas and OU allows for a rebrand and the logo we have to put on the uniform is much better aesthetically.

I heard that Texas is already demanding the circle be changed to the state of Texas outline. 

• Like 2

they weren't involved until the first AD to show up at the event in 11 years was perfectly positioned to hold an impromptu press conference at the precise moment before boomhauer's presser which was the exact moment zwerernernerman's story broke.

nope.  not involved at all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

finebaum: "it's hard for me to believe that greg sankey would have gone this far down the road without talking to sharp,

this is exactly what happened when aggy blew up the pac deal.  it didn't get as far as it did without aggy's president/chancellor/whoever signing off on it but as soon as the gomer fan base found out they'd be with a bunch of west coast *insert epithet here* they started blowing up about how badly mistreated they were. 

Edited by elfenix

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

What's wrong with the roundel? Except for the stupid bevels it's iconic and has a cool art deco vibe.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

image_2021-07-23_144732.thumb.png.70ffab3ef3bc66b4502b69a1a0545ad6.png

I haven't seen anyone make a new version of this yet on the Interwebs.  Lulz.

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

finebaum: "it's hard for me to believe that greg sankey would have gone this far down the road without talking to sharp, i have been told that the presidents were told that they couldn't tell the ADs, everyone there on wednesday is convinced that it's hard to believe the timing of the zwereneman story breaking while he (finebaum) was standing 3 feet from bjork the prevailing wind is that this was a leak from sharp or someone near him and this circumstances are hard to believe that all this happened spontaneously at 340pm on wednesday afternoon"

looch: "we took down a post on texags tuesday night talking about the move" (what that has to do with anything no clue)

looch: more rambling about respect on the field

looch: "the time to bring this out was weeks ago and months ago"

finebaum: "people in birmingham are not happy about the leak/story happening in the middle of their wonderful event; someone was trying to get this story out, i can guarantee you that"

+++++

powers that be are not happy with aggy

Aggy losing Finebaum:

The Vietnam War Mr. Johnson US History. - ppt download

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz. Let’s pin this to the top. I love to embarrass that guy

Good luck with that. Literally all of this commotion is stemming from 2nd rate reporters & online rumors. There’s nothing official at all or even any rumblings of anything official. There’s no way TX & OU move conferences, they’re anchored with the big 12, like it or not. Plus, the SEC already has a Texas footprint and stands to gain absolutely nothing by adding 2 schools. Pin this shit when the season ends and still no announcement has been made. I already knew houston had dumb sports fans, but jesus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 11

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Liucci has twice reminded Finebaum that A&M is led by a national championship winning coach. Looks like aggie is claiming FSU's title. 

So, if FSU ever joins the SEC, does aggy get to claim two titles? I'm not sure what the rules of insecure boasting logic are.

Edited by TotallyLegit

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

What's wrong with the roundel? Except for the stupid bevels it's iconic and has a cool art deco vibe.

Something just feels off about it being on our uniforms as is. Even a simple update would make it feel right. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Good luck with that. Literally all of this commotion is stemming from 2nd rate reporters & online rumors. There’s nothing official at all or even any rumblings of anything official. There’s no way TX & OU move conferences, they’re anchored with the big 12, like it or not. Plus, the SEC already has a Texas footprint and stands to gain absolutely nothing by adding 2 schools. Pin this shit when the season ends and still no announcement has been made. I already knew houston had dumb sports fans, but jesus. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Do you even read? This was done above their head. They may have been aware of but they weren’t involved in the process. 

It was more like a “hey this is what we’re doing” and CDC was like “gotcha.”

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well well, little KU. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Makes a ton of sense. Godspeed, Jayhawks.

Rutgers in the east and Kansas in the west.

Dogshit football brands for each division!

You’re like our counter to chip brown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

they weren't involved until the first AD to show up at the event in 11 years was perfectly positioned to hold an impromptu press conference at the precise moment before boomhauer's presser which was the exact moment zwerernernerman's story broke.

nope.  not involved at all.

In their defense, "AD" is their code word for aggy dumbasses. So you're both right.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

tenor.gif

No point in mucking up the thread so I’ll just leave it at that. Not like we’ll have an answer one way or the other until at the earliest after the season ends anyway. I’ve made my stance known. I will revel in seeing all these people that think I’m stupid get proven wrong though. 

• Fuck You 9

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Something just feels off about it being on our uniforms as is. Even a simple update would make it feel right. 

Better yet, just leave all that Nascar clutter off. When I pull up old photos from the 1970s, I don't see any of that garbage.

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I'm willing to put some money on it.

3 hours ago, Texas Flood said:

Tuesday is the big day

Tuesday afternoon
I'm just beginning to see
Now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me
Chasing the clouds away
Something calls to me
The trees are drawing me near
I've got to find out why
Those gentle voices I hear
Explain it all with a sigh.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This reads like aggy fan fic.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

No point in mucking up the thread so I’ll just leave it at that. Not like we’ll have an answer one way or the other until at the earliest after the season ends anyway. I’ve made my stance known. I will revel in seeing all these people that think I’m stupid get proven wrong though. 

Weak. On this site you've got to promise to fist yourself live on the Internet if you want anyone to take you seriously. Shit, now that's already been done, nothing less than double-fisting yourself live on the Internet will do. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

helobious = futureman 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Do you even read? This was done above their head. They may have been aware of but they weren’t involved in the process. 

At the very least this was at the ESPN level. I dont think our admins had to even be that involved. Major modern college athletic negotiations/decisions have outgrown an AD's job description. ESPN has been an active resource since Deloss worked with them on a network to begin with. Disney runs the numbers and says this is what makes sense. We were all too happy to partner with them, and that partnership has led us to the SEC. 

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You'll know next week.