Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Uh oh, visiting fans better know where they're going before heading to Kyle Field starting this fall. Sounds like aggy is no longer going to be offering to give directions to out-of-towners.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.47.30 AM.png

I don't think that most of these things are nearly the negatives that this guy seems to think that they are...

12 minutes ago, justhookit said:

No it’s not. You lost your mind?

lol i mean the hate. as opposed to their previous supplicant stance.

i mean it's over the top...but it's closer to how i view ou. heh

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, mchookem said:

lol i mean the hate. as opposed to their previous supplicant stance.

i mean it's over the top...but it's closer to how i view ou. heh

Ok. I’m only bothered by not letting the Pom-Pom squad in. Par for the aggy course.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This runs out of steam near the end but holy shit, this is worth your time.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/breaking-texas-aandm-board-of-regents-lawsuit-has-been-leaked/97396840/

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.33.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.34.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.34.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.34.35 AM.png

14.  That was not fair.

pretty much covers their entire argument. I’m sure they will make a t-shirt about it.

Posted (edited)

It's not just aggy... 

20210724_030025.thumb.jpg.be0c04caebd045db318f720e0d0cf25b.jpg

Man... the Texas hate really does run deep - and not just among our rivals. It's funny getting all of this out in the open. Fuck the B12.

20210724_030800.thumb.jpg.f410034d4aeaa98ce8b06bbc4a0cd2f6.jpg

20210724_030746.thumb.jpg.035386b352f8686dfcd9b8c51c08ed34.jpg

This is all from the college basketball subreddit, btw. I don't really care what anyone there thinks but it's funny to see a thread about Kansas reaching out to the B10 devolve into random fanbases hating on Texas (the Creighton fan talking shit about Texas football is particularly hilarious... historically they don't even have a decent basketball program)

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

He had gastric bypass a while back

Really??? I don’t recall him ever being “my 600 pound life” kinda fat.  If he did it to lose 50-60 pounds, that is a fucking reckless and grotesque lack of self control.  

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I love KU basketball but I doubt that is representative of their fans.

It's representative to the degree that multiple Kansas fans are talking shit. As a whole, sure it probably doesn't represent their fanbase. Their program will fit in better in the B10 anyway - not sure what they are salty about. 

I have never been that petty when talking about fucking Kansas on the internet. Maybe a jab or two at their shitty football program - that they readily admit is shitty. 

It's just amazing to me how rent free Texas lives in everyone's head. We deserve better - and have for a long time. 

(Maybe they're salty about the 0-2 showing against Shaka last year)

More pressing issue - I need to go to bed - and I'm not trying to vomit reddit dumbassery on this thread. Just thought some of y'all might like to see how deep this shit runs with some fans around the B12. aggy has dominated this thread and rightfully so because it's the funniest - but there is clearly some nasty shit being circulated by the 8 castaways. KU has a ready made landing spot and never really needed the B12 and they are taking it poorly.

I'm guessing Tech, Baylor and TCU are the worst - not willing to venture into their shithole message boards. The Okie Lite hate is almost assuredly directed at OU. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Uh oh, visiting fans better know where they're going before heading to Kyle Field starting this fall. Sounds like aggy is no longer going to be offering to give directions to out-of-towners.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.47.30 AM.png

Might as well shut down college football. I don't see how any program can go on with these threats from a national powerhouse. This shit is going to send shockwaves throughout the landscape of college sports. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gotta be painful for A&M that espn and sec commentators are talking about how this move would be by far the biggest thing to ever happen to the SEC, if not all of college football.  Amazing that A&M and mizzou don’t rank up there even as a mention.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Any other Big 12 team is fucking stupid if they haven’t been working on an exit plan for the past couple years. The writing has been on the wall for many years and their hate comes from jealousy, knowing they don’t have the options that Texas does.

Kirk_LetThemDie.gif.496c5f874cac7d2ded0f4133a4a40816.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Any other Big 12 team is fucking stupid if they haven’t been working on an exit plan for the past couple years. The writing has been on the wall for many years and their hate comes from jealousy, knowing they don’t have the options that Texas does.

It was always going to end this way.  It was just a matter of when.

The Big XII has been dysfunctional for almost a decade now, if not longer - pretty much from the point that Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and aggy abandoned the conference.  Almost every other fanbase still in the conference hates us, yet all of their programs would be shit without us.  Did they think that gravy train was going to last forever?  Did they really expect Texas to sit around and continue to take it, while they continue to shit all over us year after year?  And now they're mad that we're leaving?  I thought that was what they all ultimately wanted!

I'm not expecting miracles for Texas by joining the SEC.  I doubt we're going to go into the SEC and dictate shit from day one, the way some of the scrub programs in the Big XII seem to think we always do.  I do think the opportunity to settle some of the long, tiresome debates over whether Texas is "SEC good" is exciting, though.  I am looking forward to competing against more programs that are closer in stature to ours.

I think Tech, OSU, KU, WVU, and maybe ISU will be fine, as they will probably get invites to other P4 conferences looking to expand to keep up with the SEC.  Good luck to the rest of you, though.  You're going to need it.

• Hook 'Em 4

1012708604_ScreenShot2021-07-24at1_47_30AM.png.450ec4ad6cd7ec4ea38cb71259fc3faf.png

Just wait until they paint the locker rooms pink.

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

I have never seen this written.  I have seen it written that it needs to be 10/11 votes. 

I will say this—neither Texas nor the SEC would never put itself in this position if they didn’t have the votes to join. Basically, if the votes were NOT there, we would have never heard about UT trying to join the SEC because it would have never gotten out.  

All of this is pretty calculated.  I think we’re gold.  The only part they didn’t account for was aggy hissy fit.  

5 hours ago, justhookit said:

Going off an OU source so whatever, but 3/4 have to approve to basically vet the school. When it comes time to vote them in it’s unanimous, or in aggy’ s case vandy abstains.

Vandy will be happy to have someone else that can read good b

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

All of this is pretty calculated.  I think we’re gold.  The only part they didn’t account for was aggy hissy fit.  

They accounted for it. That’s why they didn’t tell them for 6+ months and rallied the yes votes without telling them. So when they finally found out. What could they do? They panic. They leaked the story to their Houston Chronicle mouthpiece in hopes to start an uproar of people calling their Congressman. They sent their AD to media days early to try and garner support. None of it mattered. The SEC wasn’t on their side. The legislation introduced by sad reps from Aggy, Baylor, Tech will not go anywhere because special session and no quorum, not too mention Abbot is a Texas alum. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They accounted for it. That’s why they didn’t tell them for 6+ months and rallied the yes votes without telling them. So when they finally found out. What could they do? They panic. They leaked the story to their Houston Chronicle mouthpiece in hopes to start an uproar of people calling their Congressman. They sent their AD to media days early to try and garner support. None of it mattered. The SEC wasn’t on their side. The legislation introduced by sad reps from Aggy, Baylor, Tech will not go anywhere because special session and no quorum, not too mention Abbot is a Texas alum. 

Once the leftovers find a landing spot they’ll chill out

I would not be surprised if the gomer BOR meeting is canceled.  What are they going to discuss?  The legality of a gentleman's agreement?  How to hold the SEC accountable?  Then are they wanting to punish the SEC for going against gomers wishes? Are they going to lay down some future rules as to how the SEC needs to treat Texas and how gomer will not play them?

The only thing that will come out of that meeting is a&m looking like bigger idiots than they already are. 

I hope it happens, they literally do not know when to stop and be quiet. 

6 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I would not be surprised if the gomer BOR meeting is canceled.  What are they going to discuss?  The legality of a gentleman's agreement?  How to hold the SEC accountable?  Then are they wanting to punish the SEC for going against gomers wishes? Are they going to lay down some future rules as to how the SEC needs to treat Texas and how gomer will not play them?

The only thing that will come out of that meeting is a&m looking like bigger idiots than they already are. 

I hope it happens, they literally do not know when to stop and be quiet. 

But they need to agree on their strongly-worded statement. 

I hope we play at Kyle Field in 2022 and win with walk off field goal after a questionable penalty gave us the necessary field position. I think that would cause their collective heads to explode. 

• Haha 1

Is anyone else surprised at this reaction? I’ve thought about realignment a lot and I never really thought of them being so mad they would make such a public spectacle about this. I thought it would more bitter fan resentment and not a total, University wide meltdown. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Been thinking about the whole Texas hatred thing a lot. 

On this board, guys have been saying, "why does everybody hate Texas?" while simultaneously laughing about stealing Tech's coach and fucking over the B12. 

There are lots of reasons to hate Texas. So what? 

Texas is J. R. Ewing. Remember the old line by Ali, "I don't care if people pay to see me win, or pay to see me get whupped, as long as they pay to see me."

Back when the Dallas Cowboys were actually good, they were both the most loved and hated team in the NFL, and their games always had the highest ratings. A lot of those people were watching, hoping the Cowboys would lose. 

The ONLY thing the Horns need to fix is to start knocking heads ON the field again. Embrace the hate. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, justhookit said:

Going off an OU source so whatever, but 3/4 have to approve to basically vet the school. When it comes time to vote them in it’s unanimous, or in aggy’ s case vandy abstains.

Your OU source sounds FOS.  3/4 vote to invite membership.  Why would there be another vote to accept an accepted invitation?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/sec-expansion-texas-oklahoma/1trpnwa57jpwp1h845a8inddlr

7 hours ago, justhookit said:

My understanding is there can’t be a 13-1 vote because the conference bylaws say it has to be unanimous. Aggy could choose to abstain, like Vandy did when they were up for a vote. That would make it the perfect 13-0 vote that we could tattoo on that stupid dog’s ass that @Hefeweizen or somebody pointed out earlier today in maybe the best post of the entire thread. I think it won the internet for the year.

Sadly I’ll never win post of the year because a) it wasn’t me and b) I don’t do original content, just cheap laughs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Is anyone else surprised at this reaction? I’ve thought about realignment a lot and I never really thought of them being so mad they would make such a public spectacle about this. I thought it would more bitter fan resentment and not a total, University wide meltdown. 

I pretty much knew aggy would do a meltdown.  I did NOT think it would be this bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2