Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

14 hours ago, Orange&White said:

First plate was so good I went for a second and decided to share.

Mi Tienda cream cheese and chicken tamales with aged white cheddar, fried egg, black pepper and habenero tobasco. Served with a Tito's and iced tea.

Kicking off my 18 days off.

IMG_20201217_191531811.jpg

When someone asks me what I want for Christmas, I’m going to show them this picture. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, wd40 said:

this post not fit for the chilisnob thread (probably disqualified from this one, as well).

made a batch of green chili with porkbelly and a batch of regular red, on monday.  finished them both off in a sort of yin-yang format after my ride, today.spacer.png

cheesed.

spacer.png

I am erect. 

Last night at camp, made a couple things that might be shit I’ve cooked lately but camp house paper plates shit I made up.  Stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese, Italian blend shredded cheese, capers, jalapeños, green pinions, cumin, pepper, allspice, garlic and garlic salt.  Holy shit these turned out great!  Then a ribeye marinated in stubs beef, dried off added olive oil, pepper, and uncle Chris’s steak seasoning and rested in lots of butter.  I over cooked it a bit for my taste. Oh and roasted elephant garlic! 

DC015BE4-0EC3-4084-9DD9-1937B1C4A4C5.jpeg

680F1C3D-FB07-4FF2-BF8E-F1227FD05992.jpeg

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Seems like we've been on a capers run here of late. The fucks up with capers?

They're awesome, that's what.  Little tart salt bombs.  I do a simple pasta sauce where I get olive oil sizzling hot, toss in a bunch of capers, then some sliced kalamata olives, and add a spicy red sauce.  Simple toss of that with pasta, top with fresh romano cheese.  But we're getting a bit fancy for this thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They're awesome, that's what.  Little tart salt bombs.  I do a simple pasta sauce where I get olive oil sizzling hot, toss in a bunch of capers, then some sliced kalamata olives, and add a spicy red sauce.  Simple toss of that with pasta, top with fresh romano cheese.  But we're getting a bit fancy for this thread.

No shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is the sequel to my previous post.

Pork, venison, jalapeno, cheddar sausage (Maeker's processing), Mi Tienda cream cheese and chicken tamales, aged cheddar, black pepper, two over easy eggs topped with left over dona and red salsas from Tacodeli. 

You can see the eggs have been walled in by the sausage and tamales in an attempt to capture the yolk from escaping the barrie

IMG_20201223_200249623.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Leftover pasta, if there is such a thing, cook a little bacon, brown bread crumbs in the bacon grease, then toss pasta in with parmesan/romano, toasted crumbs, bacon and capers.  Maybe some ham if you have it.  Sublime.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Smoked a brisket to vacuum seal and take to my family, but we got a very last minute notice that someone got a positive COVID test, so my wife and I will be having brisket everything for the next several days. 

1F6CB5BA-685D-489E-8EA9-6A20B363E089.jpeg

It's a Christmas miracle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 4:04 PM, wd40 said:

this post not fit for the chilisnob thread (probably disqualified from this one, as well).

made a batch of green chili with porkbelly and a batch of regular red, on monday.  finished them both off in a sort of yin-yang format after my ride, today.spacer.png

cheesed.

spacer.png

Both chilis