Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Ehlinger has played great this season.  He is able to bail out the bad play calling that has put the offense  in 3rd and long situations all season.  He hasn’t really had a legit running back.   He has been banged up for the  2nd half of season.  The defense is terrible.  It’s amazing we have 6 wins.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

charlottesville wtf GIF

What kind of fucking Aggy shit is that? Who gives a fuck what people 3 years thought. How about if you asked Texas fans in January what their expectations were after a Big 12 title game appearance and beating Georgia in a New Years 6 bowl? Pretty damn sure it was not 7 wins and a fucking Camping World Bowl trip. As well as losing to Baylor, TCU and Iowa St. Y'all took a big step back Sam and now will be losing another big time WR. You will now be a senior. You have no more time to build a Roman empire.

This quote would make more sense if we was a freshman or sophomore and we looked to be on the rise.

• Like 2

Yeah, we would have been happy three years ago. If you asked me three years ago if I'd have been happy with 7-5 three years in the future, I'd have said, "Go fuck yourself. "

Good to know the players have bought in to Herman's mediocrity. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Booger49 said:

Ehlinger has played great this season.  He is able to bail out the bad play calling that has put the offense  in 3rd and long situations all season.  He hasn’t really had a legit running back.   He has been banged up for the  2nd half of season.

Surly-Worthy-Inna3.jpg 

Great post. Thanks for standing up for Sam. He is the very best thing about our team right now. Based on some of the poster's comments here, there really isn't any point in arguing with you.   

Edited by TreatyOak

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I know it's tech, but where the fuck was this Sam all season? He wasn't rattled, he ran like his ass was on fire, made good reads. What could have been...

You answered your question with your first words. It was against Tech. They are the worst defense in the Big 12 and if you can't look good and gain yards against them, then you have no hope. They make our defense look like the 85 Bears. He didn't play like this against the other teams because they are much better than Tech on defense.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

You answered your question with your first words. It was against Tech. They are the worst defense in the Big 12 and if you can't look good and gain yards against them, then you have no hope. They make our defense look like the 85 Bears. He didn't play like this against the other teams because they are much better than Tech on defense.

I agree with you about it being tech, but he was making errant throws against ISU, falling on his face when trying to run, etc. He looked shaky except against LSU and Okie Lite. All we heard was he was hurt or some shit which affected his play, and yet today he miraculously looked healthy enough to run into defenders. 

On 11/23/2019 at 6:28 PM, satyanash said:

Same answer as last week...

I think this is an even worse quote. He's in charge of the offense, he's supposedly watching tape every week, but he has no clue why they suck? After seven sacks in a game, no clue at all? Maybe get the ball out faster, take fewer sacks? The field general is clueless.

And yes, I love the dude and he's not "the problem". I'd just like to see him, just once in a while, shake his head, call timeout, and walk over and tell Tom he's not running that stupid fucking play call. 

I have no beef with anyone saying how good he is. He's magnificent at times. But sometimes leadership means pushing back, not just robotically following orders.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What kind of fucking Aggy shit is that? Who gives a fuck what people 3 years thought. How about if you asked Texas fans in January what their expectations were after a Big 12 title game appearance and beating Georgia in a New Years 6 bowl? Pretty damn sure it was not 7 wins and a fucking Camping World Bowl trip. As well as losing to Baylor, TCU and Iowa St. Y'all took a big step back Sam and now will be losing another big time WR. You will now be a senior. You have no more time to build a Roman empire.

This quote would make more sense if we was a freshman or sophomore and we looked to be on the rise.

Exactly. If this was 2017 I'd understand this thinking, but ignoring what they did last year and how it didn't translate to this year is just dumb.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

I’d like to see Cam Rising.

You might see the TV cameras pan over him on the sideline tomorrow, but you'll probably have to wait until Utah opens the year with BYU in 2020.

32 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I think this is an even worse quote. He's in charge of the offense, he's supposedly watching tape every week, but he has no clue why they suck? After seven sacks in a game, no clue at all? Maybe get the ball out faster, take fewer sacks? The field general is clueless.

And yes, I love the dude and he's not "the problem". I'd just like to see him, just once in a while, shake his head, call timeout, and walk over and tell Tom he's not running that stupid fucking play call. 

I have no beef with anyone saying how good he is. He's magnificent at times. But sometimes leadership means pushing back, not just robotically following orders.

I don't think you can really knock him too much for this. Is he actually supposed to come out and publicly shit on the coaching staff/gameplan to the media, given the inevitable firestorm that would become?

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

charlottesville wtf GIF

Now this is a bad quote. First, it's wrong. Seven to eight wins was the expectation three years ago, it didn't happen and Strong got fired. It was the expectation for Herman's first year and it didn't happen, with Sam himself playing a pretty significant role in that by giving multiple games away. I don't think anyone would have hired Herman if they knew 7-5 would be the record in year three. And the bar was sure as shit raised last year after 10-4, a win in Dallas, B12 CCG, Sugar Bowl win, and a certain someone proclaiming "We're baaack."

Two, agreed that it's just a bad message. No one did a great job this year. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous. Staying focused on making the best of the situation is one thing, but willfully ignoring issues is another.

Edited by gmr548
  • Like 2

Think we're casting to negative a light on some QB speak from a young man who had a disappointing season overall compared to expectations. Haven't really been paying attention to whether or not he's had his head caved in after his comments after the sugar bowl. But obligatory what is he supposed to say? "Rome wasn't built in a day..." is about as vanilla as it goes. For all intents and porpoises, I don't think anybody knows where the offense went. Dude had some white bread answers after the last game of a shit season. Sam is far from where any vitriol should be directed. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

That quote has got to be one of the worst in the 2010s from a college player. Almost as bad as "I didn't come to Ohio State to play school". Three years ago we were staring at a 5 win season after getting blown out at home to TCU. You really think we would have been happy if you jumped in your time machine and told us after that game that we'd be a 7 win program in a few years? What the fuck?! Sam has been a hell of a player for the program but jesus christ you can't say something like that around this fanbase. 

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Lulz

I don't think this is far off. Except one huge difference. Tebow got to play with Urban Meyer (I know , the bad boogeyman!!), one of the best coaches of this era. I'd put him right behind Saban. Sam has played with Tom Herman and this junk OC. Tebow was in a great situation with the stockpile of talent they had. Florida from 2006 to 2009 was a fucking monster when it came to talent and coaching. I think Sam could have succeeded if you placed him there. And Tebow would not even be close to as revered if he he had to play for Herman, this staff and this talent.

It's no different than people wanting their bowl of blood at the Herman press conference each week. Sam's issue was he made a bad statement last year out of excitement and wanting his Vince moment with the "we're back" stuff as that put the target for him to step up to those expectations out there. Though regardless of what he said, people would've rightly thought we were back after beating Georgia. Had he soft played it, the media would've pulled out the Texas is back shit because the media wants Texas to be back. 

16 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

That quote has got to be one of the worst in the 2010s from a college player. Almost as bad as "I didn't come to Ohio State to play school". Three years ago we were staring at a 5 win season after getting blown out at home to TCU. You really think we would have been happy if you jumped in your time machine and told us after that game that we'd be a 7 win program in a few years? What the fuck?! Sam has been a hell of a player for the program but jesus christ you can't say something like that around this fanbase. 

Dude... what? Sam basically reached into the manila envelope of the generic athlete answers filled with about a dozen stock options on little fortune cookie sized paper-ettes and pulled out "rome wasn't built in a day" and "I don't know the fuck is wrong with my coaching staff".  I'm not quite certain how that can be considered one of the worst quotes from a decade from across college... Sam essentially didn't say anything to this fan base. Just QB speak. QB speak exists for the sole purpose of not being parsed. So why are you doing it? 

• Like 2

Wish Sam would've said something like, "This season hasn't gone the way we wanted, but we still have a chance to finish strong and build towards having a great season next year". There's an honest, positive comment very few people would've been upset with. Eberts seems like he might be an idiot. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Wish Sam would've said something like, "This season hasn't gone the way we wanted, but we still have a chance to finish strong and build towards having a great season next year". There's an honest, positive comment very few people would've been upset with. Eberts seems like he might be an idiot. 

His full quote started with “Obviously, we would’ve liked things to be different this year in a couple ballgames. I have full faith that we’re headed in the right direction. Since 2011, that’s the first time to have 3 winning season. That’s a step” then the quote in that tweet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

He did. Watch the video.