Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

3 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

Are you dumb? Both are hard runners who will put their shoulder down, leaders, and can throw a football accurately. Taysom is a little quicker while Sam is a little stronger. 

Lolwat?  I suppose at least a 0.5 second in the 40 is a little quicker?

54 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Other than both being white, where were coming from here?

Taysom is never going to be a starting QB in the NFL.  neither will Sam.  neither one is good enough to be that.  but Taysom can be a serviceable backup and find other ways to get on the field.  that's the best Sam can hope to do.  but as mentioned above, Taysom is a better athlete than Sam, so Sam will have to work on that if he wants to be used like Taysom.  otherwise, maybe Sam can hold a clipboard for 10 years like Chase Daniel and make a nice living.

He ain’t going. He’s not that dumb, he’s just going to figure out where he’d go and what he needs to improve on. Yurchich did great work with less talented QBs than Sam, he’d be stupid to skip out on a pivotal senior year of development with a great QB coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

I love Sam as the UT qb. 

If I am NFL scout I see avg. arm strength. Slow release. Questionable decision making. ( partially due to offense). 

Great competitor, willing to be coached and smart guy. 

Are those enough?

poor accuracy

I love Sam like I would love an adopted 4 star quarterback but I think there were opportunities to see at least an option last year. Is Thompson so bad he couldn’t run a couple series during a game? I honestly don’t know the answer so please don’t obliterate me with negs.

9 hours ago, Dilligas said:

I love Sam like I would love an adopted 4 star quarterback but I think there were opportunities to see at least an option last year. Is Thompson so bad he couldn’t run a couple series during a game? I honestly don’t know the answer so please don’t obliterate me with negs.

Yeah. Sam sucks. We should cut him.

Why don't we let Sam have a year with a competent OC, an actual offensive scheme/methodology, and a non douche bag wide receiver coach before we write him off?

For fuck sakes, Surly, Tom Brady would blow with the offense we put on the field this year.

I think Sam is going to do very well next year.

Hook'em 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Uh, I think Jason has a decent chance of working next yr. Not sure if that's a good analogy. 

Huh? What will his job be? He is not a coordinator. He is not a HC. The trend is to either young innovators or guys who have proven they are HC material. I know owners are dumb but I guarantee fans of a team that hire him will riot. Jerry is hated by fans of other teams and will not stand for a failed Jerry throwaway. 

39 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Huh? What will his job be? He is not a coordinator. He is not a HC. The trend is to either young innovators or guys who have proven they are HC material. I know owners are dumb but I guarantee fans of a team that hire him will riot. Jerry is hated by fans of other teams and will not stand for a failed Jerry throwaway. 

Two words.  Jeff Fisher.

• Like 1