Jump to content
texifornia

2019 RB Derrian Brown

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If you look at his Twitter, he's clearly taking it as a reason to work harder. 

Yeah he basically sent out a tweet paraphrased as he is aware he’s being openly doubted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, texifornia said:

If you look at his Twitter, he's clearly taking it as a reason to work harder. 

That's good. I got to give credit where credit is due but Herman really does seem to put genuine emphasis on character  and culture fits other than Shepard everyone in this class seems to have their head in the right place.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice senior highlights. Mostly north/south runner, but I wouldn’t say he’s just a one cut guy. Sets up guys well and maintains his speed well. Pretty pumped about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 6:23 AM, texifornia said:

Signed

Some Horns fans posted on Twitter their dissatisfaction that neither Cain nor Trey signed with Texas..... Love that Brown just sees it as a Challenge to be Great.

Really pulling for yah Derrian!!

Hook'em 🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Some Horns fans posted on Twitter their dissatisfaction that neither Cain nor Trey signed with Texas..... Love that Brown just sees it as a Challenge to be Great.

Really pulling for yah Derrian!!

Hook'em 🤘

Prolly 6th Street complaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

More of a quick slasher but I'm sure he'll give it his best effort.

Fair enough. Haven’t looked into him much with all the other RB nonsense as a distraction. Hopefully he can be a pass outlet as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

Fair enough. Haven’t looked into him much with all the other RB nonsense as a distraction. Hopefully he can be a pass outlet as well.

He's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the strongest part of his game, and then he's a great North/South runner with some juke. We got a freaking steal out of Georgia's backyard. Apparently this kid has always wanted to attend Texas. We actually got a dream school kid from oos who happens to be one of the beer RB's in the country. I'm obviously a huge fan, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the strongest part of his game, and then he's a great North/South runner with some juke. We got a freaking steal out of Georgia's backyard. Apparently this kid has always wanted to attend Texas. We actually got a dream school kid from oos who happens to be one of the beer RB’s in the country. I'm obviously a huge fan, too.

Thanks. BTW, one of these could come in handy. I may have to look into getting one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

Thanks. BTW, one of these could come in handy. I may have to look into getting one. 

Lmao. I saw I wrote that after I posted and secretly told myself I hope no one notices it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the strongest part of his game, and then he's a great North/South runner with some juke. We got a freaking steal out of Georgia's backyard. Apparently this kid has always wanted to attend Texas. We actually got a dream school kid from oos who happens to be one of the beer RB's in the country. I'm obviously a huge fan, too.

Beer RB..... that's a new one

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the strongest part of his game, and then he's a great North/South runner with some juke. We got a freaking steal out of Georgia's backyard. Apparently this kid has always wanted to attend Texas. We actually got a dream school kid from oos who happens to be one of the beer RB's in the country. I'm obviously a huge fan, too.

He is also really subtle at picking through the trash at the LOS and getting to the second level. His game reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith but with more speed. I really like the kids vision, in some of his highlights he is patient and lets blocks set up, and some he is just screeching through the hole full sprint. 

Edited by Vertigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He is also really subtle at picking through the trash at the LOS and getting to the second level. His game reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith but with more speed. 

I can see that. He's a lighter build like Kamara, but the dude can grind out the yardage needed. He won't redshirt. People will find out quickly that he's going to be a better Tre Watson, who's a master at catching, but this kid can do both and do them well. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited for this kid.  Hope he comes in with a big chip on his shoulder.  He's not getting the love he deserves but I like that. 

"Only angry people win football games" - DKR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unselfish point:  Hope it's nothing bad and he recovers well.  Thoughts and prayers.

Selfish point:  We don't need this shit with our RB depth!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MoJames said:

eww, not a ton of reasons to be hospitalized at 18.

Hopefully something like an appendicitis or maybe a bad case of stomach bug- food poisoning. 

I should say not hoping for any of that but was trying to think of possible common major reasons why he could be in.

Edited by Butch Had Not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butch Had Not said:

Hopefully something like an appendicitis or maybe a bad case of stomach bug- food poisoning. 

This was my thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Hopefully something like an appendicitis or maybe a bad case of stomach bug- food poisoning. 

I should say not hoping for any of that but was trying to think of possible common major reasons why he could be in.

Maybe it's just scurvy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digdogger said:

Aggy is already hitting up the recruiting sites to drop our ranking

I was trying to post something like this but couldn't figure out how to not sound like an insensitive dick.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Digdogger said:

Aggy is already hitting up the recruiting sites to drop our ranking

He's not dead yet.  He's just mostly dead, and as we all know, mostly dead is partly alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, South Austin said:

He's not dead yet.  He's just mostly dead, and as we all know, mostly dead is partly alive.

I can guarantee that somewhere in aggy internet world the subject is being broached.  What if.............?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I was trying to post something like this but couldn't figure out how to not sound like an insensitive dick.  Thanks

Why would you not want to sound like an insensitive dick? Did you not check the URL you were typing when you got here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Maybe he's just bangin a nurse.

nurse?  that’ll usually earn you a trip to the clinic at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked this meme thing and Georgia doesn't appear to have any measles/mumps flare-ups.

aa087a29-35de-47c4-98ce-9899da356ed5_114

 

...though he might want to make sure that his shots are up to date before arriving in Texas.

 

Here's to a speedy & full recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...