ESPN College GameDay location

Bob Lives!

I gotta give our AD, Martin Jarmond, huge props.  He was personally going around to dorms, frats, dining halls, etc to rally the kids to show out.  Arranged for free breakfast burritos for showing up.  And free tickets to the first 1000 tot he game.  Great showing in the dark.

Edited by Sbbruin

It is all coming to my back yard bitches.
Saturday has Game Day on one side of Spartan Stadium; Fox Big Noon Kickoff on the other side of the stadium; and BarStoolSports is going to be at a bar about a mile down the road.

Maybe I should host a Surly tailgate for @Baboontyme, @Juicy, @d2o, @Bogeywon & I know there are others but can't remember their poster names.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

You're not going. Stop it. 

I'll be there, and early - I'm a band guy and band practice starts at 7:30, by 10:00 I'll have time to kill. Or maybe I'll try to find a tailgate. 
I think we are setting up near Ramp 6 (the parking structure on Grand River) - unless you can hook me up with a pass.

Are you still doing BBQ with your group (if I remember somewhere near the new STEM building - maybe lot 39 or 56?)
Maybe I'll finally stroll through tRCMB tailgate by the Morgan Freeman statue.

• 10 months later...

LBJ Lawn according to an email I got from Texas Athletics. I think that's where they set up for LSU 3 years ago. I guess that puts the Fox set in the Six Pack area? I don't think we've ever had Fox in Austin given they typically only do Texas OU as a Big Noon game. 

Edited by mdmost

8 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I thought they usually don’t have them at the same game?  Guess they don’t have many big games next week to choose from.  

They've both been at Texas OU a couple times when the other didn't have the game. Gameday sets up near the Texas Star. Fox set is near the Hall of State. 

Gameday probably looked at our home schedule and thought this was the best chance to get to Austin and do some SEC!SEC!SEC! pumping. Fox will be there because it's their game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I thought they usually don’t have them at the same game?  Guess they don’t have many big games next week to choose from.  

They've both been at TX-OU in the past.  This is the first time I think it's ever happened for a Texas home game.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Not usually but it happens. They were both in Columbus for a game a few years ago.

Go to the Fox set and maybe Matt & Reggie will reminisce about the 2006 Rose Bowl. 

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

They've both been at Texas OU a couple times when the other didn't have the game. Gameday sets up near the Texas Star. Fox set is near the Hall of State. 

Gameday probably looked at our home schedule and thought this was the best chance to get to Austin and do some SEC!SEC!SEC! pumping. Fox will be there because it's their game. 

32 minutes ago, utee94 said:

They've both been at TX-OU in the past.  This is the first time I think it's ever happened for a Texas home game.

14 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

2018 they were both at the fair for the red river shootout

I think they’ve both been at ou. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20220904-115701_kindlephoto-34263051.thumb.png.ab72561a3dcd845c13bb41dc953ce0ba.png

Excusing for a moment that that photo looks like she went to Glamorshots and said, "Make me look like a realtor who works hard and plays harder."----She is smoking hot, didn't realize what a "fit" lady she is.  

Where are they gonna put the Fox pregame show if the LBJ lawn is taken>  That circular grass area between East Mall and the stadium area would be good, but the background would literally be the ESPN set.