Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Washpark

Amazon prime recommendations

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HoffaJimmy said:

Anybody else watching or watched ZeroZeroZero? 

Italian cartel and cocaine? How can it not be good?

Giving it a shot-

 

Zero, Zero, Zero is awesome start to end.  I could not recommend it more if you are like me and are hungering for more "Narcos".  Like "Narcos" much of the dialogue is in the native language in two of the three simultaneous stories.  I prefer it this way bc it feels more authentic as it gives the more real feeling the you are dropped into the scene as an observer.   The American brother/sister "The Brokers" is the weakest link, but is still intense much of the time.  You will have to get used to the flashback convention that is used to tie each story that rotates between the 3 simultaneous stories of "The Buyers" (Italian Mob), "The Sellers" Mexican Cartel), and "The Brokers" (New orleans shipping family) that continually rotate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you watched Free Solo, The Dawn Wall, and Valley Uprising you should check out Gorging on Prime. It's about canyoneering through slot canyons, mostly in the Arizona/Utah area. The production value isn't super amazing, but it's a decent way to spend and hour and a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else have severe quality issues with Amazon streaming?  JFC.  First few episodes of Bosch are great and then all of a sudden it's like they filmed it on the 70s under water.  I can't even watch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Anyone else have severe quality issues with Amazon streaming?  JFC.  First few episodes of Bosch are great and then all of a sudden it's like they filmed it on the 70s under water.  I can't even watch it.

No, I had no problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Anyone else have severe quality issues with Amazon streaming?  JFC.  First few episodes of Bosch are great and then all of a sudden it's like they filmed it on the 70s under water.  I can't even watch it.

You can't download your 1080p quality nazi midget porn, AND watch Bosch at the same time.

 

So I am told.

Edited by MissingInAction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Nice Guys--pretty good.  Funny, violent, has great.....dialogue.   


The Nice Guys is an excellent sleeper. “What were you doing while I was working?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 2:41 PM, UT Lax said:

Zero, Zero, Zero is awesome start to end.  I could not recommend it more if you are like me and are hungering for more "Narcos".  Like "Narcos" much of the dialogue is in the native language in two of the three simultaneous stories.  I prefer it this way bc it feels more authentic as it gives the more real feeling the you are dropped into the scene as an observer.   The American brother/sister "The Brokers" is the weakest link, but is still intense much of the time.  You will have to get used to the flashback convention that is used to tie each story that rotates between the 3 simultaneous stories of "The Buyers" (Italian Mob), "The Sellers" Mexican Cartel), and "The Brokers" (New orleans shipping family) that continually rotate.

 

Thanks and I couldn't agree more. If anybody loved Narcos this is really well done. I am only 3 episodes in but has been great so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, MissingInAction said:

You can't download your 1080p quality nazi midget porn, AND watch Bosch at the same time.

 

So I am told.

But really it's like the porn is in 2160p because the midgets are only half a regular person. And the swastikas look magnificent! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing nothing about it other than it had a pretty good cast, I watched Troop Zero last night.  Fuck, what a steaming pile of shit.  Think Little Miss Sunshine, but with shit poured all over it.  It felt like it was written from the villain's viewpoint since they got everything they wanted and the "heroes" of the film got shit on the entire time.  Until the end, when the director had to satisfy their golden shower fetish?   And what kind of fucking adults let their children talk to people like that?  They seemed unrealistically cruel, even for 1977.   Easily one of the worst movies I've ever sat all the way through.  If I just spoiled anything in my rant, you're welcome.  It's spoiled for you, so don't fucking watch it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I watched the first few episodes of NYPD Blue last night. Not sure I am going to rewatch the full series but forgot how good it was and what a ground breaking show for network TV. I still can't believe they got away with some of the stuff they showed back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 2:41 PM, UT Lax said:

Zero, Zero, Zero is awesome start to end.  I could not recommend it more if you are like me and are hungering for more "Narcos".  Like "Narcos" much of the dialogue is in the native language in two of the three simultaneous stories.  I prefer it this way bc it feels more authentic as it gives the more real feeling the you are dropped into the scene as an observer.   The American brother/sister "The Brokers" is the weakest link, but is still intense much of the time.  You will have to get used to the flashback convention that is used to tie each story that rotates between the 3 simultaneous stories of "The Buyers" (Italian Mob), "The Sellers" Mexican Cartel), and "The Brokers" (New orleans shipping family) that continually rotate.

i have never watched Narcos, but i picked up Zero Zero Zero based on the reccs in this thread, and agree that it is awesome. loved the three stories intertwined together. kept thinking that the brother might be Timothy Hutton's kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we have a thread for it so I'm putting this here. I just finished plowing through The Americans. Wow, great show. So, 

Stan Beeman's wife. Russian spy or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think we have a thread for it so I'm putting this here. I just finished plowing through The Americans. Wow, great show. So, 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Stan Beeman's wife. Russian spy or no?

 

 

There is a thread somewhere when it originally ran on Fx.- As for your question- I say No. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Upload is good.

 

11 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Good to hear. The trailer looks good

I’m enjoying it. About halfway done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 11:15 AM, HoffaJimmy said:

NYPD Blue ... I still can't believe they got away with some of the stuff they showed back then. 

such as?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
such as?

Bare ass, side boob, sex scenes that rival hard R rated movies (with the good stuff just barely out of the shot), cursing like we hadn’t really heard before. And Dennis Franz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Go Pokes said:


Bare ass, side boob, sex scenes that rival hard R rated movies (with the good stuff just barely out of the shot), cursing like we hadn’t really heard before. And Dennis Franz.

 

Yeah pretty much all of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to make it through Fleabag, but the main character is extremely unlikable and it's just uncomfortable cringe scene after uncomfortable cringe scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Trying to make it through Fleabag, but the main character is extremely unlikable and it's just uncomfortable cringe scene after uncomfortable cringe scene.

Lulz. All is right in the universe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Watched this one last night. Visually stunning. Some of the most incredible time-lapse sequences ever.

I hate cold weather with a passion, but it would almost be worth it to see that night sky in winter.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 1:26 PM, PilotsError said:

Trying to make it through Fleabag, but the main character is extremely unlikable and it's just uncomfortable cringe scene after uncomfortable cringe scene.

Oh, but the cringy-ness is part of the draw! I'm a fan of fleabag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If y'all can deal with subtitles, Sprials (Entendres in French) is a really awesome police detective serial. It focuses on a detective team in Paris, their interaction with the Justice system and of course their efforts to resolve complex, horrific murder cases. S1 isn't in HD but I believe all 6 subsequent seasons are. The leader of the detective team is a strong female with a certain raw sexiness. I'd compare it to Bosch, which I enjoy, but with more drama and action, and less wallowing in self reflection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trying to make it through Fleabag, but the main character is extremely unlikable and it's just uncomfortable cringe scene after uncomfortable cringe scene.

I’m guessing you’re not a fan of British comedy in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 6:49 AM, PilotsError said:

Anyone else have severe quality issues with Amazon streaming?  JFC.  First few episodes of Bosch are great and then all of a sudden it's like they filmed it on the 70s under water.  I can't even watch it.

Never with prime.

Bosch 4K is top notch and consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James May Our man in Japan.  A 6 part series of James May going fro the North of Japan to the south of Japan over 11 weeks taking a look at some of the old customs and new things going on there.  It was pretty good and I highly recommend it.  I always have, but now I really want to go to Japan.  When the Kung Flu is died down of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched that in preparation for our japan trip, which was supposed to be in March. It’s great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 8:11 AM, Ths71 said:

 


Watched this one last night. Visually stunning. Some of the most incredible time-lapse sequences ever.

I hate cold weather with a passion, but it would almost be worth it to see that night sky in winter.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta do this somewhere--talked with an uber rich guy in DC and he was going to the arctic to stay in an igloo, dogsled and see the northern lights.  And now, after research, have to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, Post Oak said:

Tried Fleabag.  Gave it a few episodes.  Didn't care for it.  Might come back to it later.

 

I'm on 2nd season.  Don't know the main actress at all, but really captivated by her.  Not sure if it's just because I find loony women attractive  or because I know she takes it up the ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I'm on 2nd season.  Don't know the main actress at all, but really captivated by her.  Not sure if it's just because I find loony women attractive  or because I know she takes it up the ass.

I came back to it.  First season finished strong. Second season was some of the best television of last year.  Can't wait till S3.

The sister can get it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I came back to it.  First season finished strong. Second season was some of the best television of last year.  Can't wait till S3.

The sister can get it too.

she's not planning on doing a season 3.  i don't think she should.  the ending was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I'm on 2nd season.  Don't know the main actress at all, but really captivated by her.  Not sure if it's just because I find loony women attractive  or because I know she takes it up the ass.

Say what now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Jimmy O Yang's (Jian Yang from Silicon Valley and the crazy bachelor party guy in Crazy Rich Asians) stand up special last night and it is solid. Pretty funny bits about trying to explain stand up to his Chinese father and how his father started successfully acting after he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Southland said:

Watched Jimmy O Yang's (Jian Yang from Silicon Valley and the crazy bachelor party guy in Crazy Rich Asians) stand up special last night and it is solid. Pretty funny bits about trying to explain stand up to his Chinese father and how his father started successfully acting after he did.

The trailer is so terrible I thought it was a fake SNL ad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alex Karev said:

Banshee will not disappoint if you like violence, sex, murder, etc.

 

You left out a ridiculous premise, religion, Russian gangsters ...

This is one of my favorite shows over the last 10 years or so.  It pulls no punches.  It's ridiculous and entertaining as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alex Karev said:

Banshee will not disappoint if you like violence, sex, murder, etc.

 

Truth.

banshee-season-3-016-640x640.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

she's not planning on doing a season 3.  i don't think she should.  the ending was perfect.

tenor.gif?itemid=5192570

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, deech said:

Truth.

banshee-season-3-016-640x640.jpg

she also took it in her dumper in true detective.  love that girl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...