2019 Board Improvement Thread

immamac

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

While I'm feeling productive let's name rep tiers similar to the old site. Do we want badges for them as well? 

Since you made the additions, I'd like to ask your advice: as someone who earned degrees not from the University of Texas, is the hook 'em an emoticon best reserved for graduates? I usually only post the little heart icon and then leave the other icons alone, but as a non grad, I didn't know if the hook 'em was for extra special posts, or a grad to grad kind of thing. Don't want to err/offend the sensibilities of the Longhorn faithful.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Since you made the additions, I'd like to ask your advice: as someone who earned degrees not from the University of Texas, is the hook 'em an emoticon best reserved for graduates? I usually only post the little heart icon and then leave the other icons alone, but as a non grad, I didn't know if the hook 'em was for extra special posts, or a grad to grad kind of thing. Don't want to err/offend the sensibilities of the Longhorn faithful.

There is still the heart. Do what feels right.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Very aggy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Do you want us to have AgTags as well while we are at it? This sounds very Aggy where they whine about t-shirt sip fans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Derka, it's beneath you to compare someone being mean to you on the internet with cops murdering black dudes left and right. I'm not trying to pick a fight her, just be better.

Calling him a ‘her’ is very fight picking. It’s the liquid smoke of arguments. And it’s like you condone cop induced Laplander deaths when you exclude them. You should explore these issues with Derka more fully.

14 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And agreed with all on the ‘fuck you’ option.   I can’t wait to get hammered and see how much fuck you I can give out before running out.  I mean this is surly.  Do we even run out of fuck you’s?

That sounds like fun, I'm gonna test it - I hope posters don't take internet points as serious bid'ness

9 hours ago, Hate said:

Please enable rep signing with it. I rarely neg anyone but I always like to leave a little bit when I do. And some of the two comments I used to get were better than anything on the threads.

This is true.  Some of the crying on neg rep notes was legendary.   

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I feel similarly, but it should not  be a fucked-up agtag bullshit either.

If someone posts something about Earl or something cool like an Admiral McRaven bed making speech, the Hook Em might be appropriate for non-Horns.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The ones who take it so seriously make it fun. Enjoy!

I took it over to a thread in DT, I'm sure that will go sideways.

On another board I used to post on before it went away, I used to post "Rep Friday" threads and give random rep away and people got pissed when I made it Neg Rep fridays - it was hilarious, cost me some internet points for all the return favors I'd get.

16 hours ago, immamac said:

While I'm feeling productive let's name rep tiers similar to the old site. Do we want badges for them as well? 

Yes please. As an outsider I was quite proud of having worked my way up to asshat status on the old scat site.

Edited by 'stache

everything is pos or neg rep except "confused" which is neutral at the moment.

pos rep are things that seem positive "thanks, hookem, haha, like"

neg rep are things that seem negative "fuck you, rage"

Neutral are things that are ambiguous "confused"

• Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Y'all realize how awesome that rage symbol is? I want to give it as a pos rep for something that pisses me off. No way that's a neg rep icon

Yeah I gave it to Hate.  I consider that the highest of rep.  You don’t bestow that motherfucker for just any ole post.  I petition to change the rage symbol to at least neutral rep if not positive.  

23 hours ago, immamac said:

everything is pos or neg rep except "confused" which is neutral at the moment.

pos rep are things that seem positive "thanks, hookem, haha, like"

neg rep are things that seem negative "fuck you, rage"

Neutral are things that are ambiguous "confused"

I really think that giving a post/poster the finger should be a +1 internet point, and if you don't agree then fuck you

52 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Bro, only the mods can’t get their feelings hurt. 

It must destroy bl to his core to see what has become of his site. 

Many reasons the site traffic here is a joke compared to shaggy...but when you allow the same 8-10 posters to groupthink their way to running the site you might have an issue attracting new members (and more importantly retaining those who might have a different opinion).

@immamac is too stupid/aggy to understand that and he's allowed a political shitstorm to infect the entire board because he tends to agree with those 8-10 poster's views. They run the site now, he has zero control.

Edited by fuck 2020
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Might just be my browser but the rep symbols in the bottom right of the posts are now gone. I have to hover over it for them to show up. I see the scores each post gets in red or green. It used to only be hidden/blank for your own posts since you can't rep your own posts.

1 hour ago, fuck 2020 said:

Many reasons the site traffic here is a joke compared to shaggy...but when you allow the same 8-10 posters to groupthink their way to running the site you might have an issue attracting new members (and more importantly retaining those who might have a different opinion).

@immamac is too stupid/aggy to understand that and he's allowed a political shitstorm to infect the entire board because he tends to agree with those 8-10 poster's views. They run the site now, he has zero control.

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

The best part is he never does anything to actually make the site better, he thinks adding fucking rep icons makes a fuck. 

Why are both of you still here if it's so bad? There's plenty of other internet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

Maybe it's because of the theme I'm using, but the rage icon with black background is nearly impossible to see.  I see a black block with some yellowish pixels sprinkled in.

I haven’t messed with the rage icon yet, but I do agree that some stuff gets messed up in dark mode, which I won’t stop using. Just wish there were a way to make sure pasted text would automatically get posted unformatted or get more posters to do that themselves. It’s a fucking beating having to highlight shit.