Kyle

Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh no Vic, that's what makes it better. The guys in question were BLACK!

That makes it even funnier.

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I agree with your general principle.

However, your questioning of white dudes roaming Chicago at 2 am is hilarious.

People that have never been have an idea of what Chicago is like that is SO far from reality.

I lived downtown and roamed the streets often past 2 am on the weekends and I wasn't alone. Lotsa white women and other hot races too. 

Lulz, Streeterville where his allegedly occurred??  Hehehe there is a W there.

I lived off the street where the W is and you could see Lamborghinis, Ferarris and Porches with amazing regularity. Hell, sometime you could see McClarens and Bugatis. Do yourself a favor and google search images of Streeterville Chicago. It's just north of the loop by the lake downtown.  

Cool, did you carry a noose and have gallon of bleach with you?  

Just now, SDG said:

Cool, did you carry a noose and have gallon of bleach with you?  

No, I mostly carried a belly full of Jameson.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

No, I mostly carried a belly full of Jameson.

Irish in Chicago is a whole other conversation (2010 St P day was epic) carry on. 

6 hours ago, RPM said:

I called hoax as soon as I heard who it was. Story sounded fishy then it turns out to be a sortacelebrity? Nope.

I felt the same way. 

Bars open til 4 every night.  5 on saturdays.  2am always has random whatever color dudes /girls roaming the city.   Especially river north.  If this happened it would be on several cell phone videos.  

I've been to Chicago about 10 times I always tell my friends that go that worry about it is if you start walking and all of a sudden you don't see white people walking anymore its time to turn around because you've gone too far. 

Been to Chicago once. Walked around late at night. White people and black people everywhere.  Then again I’ll allow for the possibility that millennium park might not be the roughest neighborhood in the city. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Or maybe not, they were released without charge based on new evidence. 

Https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-evidence-prompts-release-of-two-men-linked-to-jussie-smollett-case-chicago-pd-says.amp

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/15/arts/television/smollett-suspects.html

Looks like Kyle was also too quick in jumping to his preferred conclusion. 

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

When the story said the attackers said "This is MAGA country", I knew it was 100% bullshit. Who the fuck even talks like this

image.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-evidence-prompts-release-of-two-men-linked-to-jussie-smollett-case-chicago-pd-says.amp

You caught me. I'm Robert Mueller's sock.

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Bars open til 4 every night.  5 on saturdays.  2am always has random whatever color dudes /girls roaming the city.   Especially river north.  If this happened it would be on several cell phone videos.  

Streeterville is NOT River North... River North is cultured and amazing

/Former River North resident being way too specifc.

Well yeah if you know him from CR it was no surprise to see barely-veiled enthusiasm starting this thread.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

nah. that d-bag still staged this shit.  he’s a social parasite. 

Twitter has fed this beast.

I wish it would die an ugly death.

Look at that kid who got hammered by the same Twitter outrage mob in Washington with the so called confrontation with  the fake Vietnam war vet/ professional protester.   The same Twitter mob wanted that kid to receive a Singapore like canning.  Turns out he said absolutely nothing.

11 hours ago, SDG said:

It should be... unfortunately victim advocates won’t let that happen for fear that victims won’t report if we stiffen the laws.  There was a USC football recruit a few years back that spent like 6 yrs in prison for a false accusation...   

i don’t have the answer but something needs to be done.  

That bitch should still be in prison to this day for what she did to that young mans life. Just a tragedy

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

You caught me. I'm Robert Mueller's sock.

Is it irony when you jump the gun on calling people out for jumping the gun? 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Streeterville is NOT River North... River North is cultured and amazing

/Former River North resident being way too specifc.

Lol. It’s all very similar now.  I’m there most weekends I’m in town.  But either area is not going to be anymore dangerous at 2am then dirty 6th or Collins in Miami etc.  

“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging,” Chicago Police Department Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi said on Twitter Friday evening.

“Detectives have additional investigative work to complete,” Guglielmi added.

this whole deal is giving me a headache. I’d just say that the CPD CCO calling it the Empire case is interesting wording-not the Smollett attack/hate crime, the Empire case. Wonder what new evidence came from the interrogations? If anything

Edited by Nicole44

15 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I’m dying to say more about what I think, but I won’t. 

Why not? This story has been ass from the jump. And I personally hope if it’s proven to be a false report/ hoax that he is charged with a crime. What he’s done is not only detrimental to the black and LGBTQ communities it’s bad for all of us. and there’s enough bad stuff we should be addressing without having to deal with some fake bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This needs to be prosecuted vigorously. It probably won't be though....  

but he’s black and gay!  do you know what that’s like in america?  he should be allowed to do whatever he wants. 

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not a huge fan of hate crimes, as a category of offense.**  However, I was unaware that there was a rash of fake ones.

**Because I think it is yet another instance of using the very blunt instrument of criminal law to pander to a segment of the electorate, rather than to effectively solve a social problem.  And don't get me wrong, I realize that most of the time that segment is old, racist-y white people.  I don't like it either way.

there isn't a rash of fake hate crimes. 

Kyle is a shitty poster. do yourself a favor and ignore her. 

if this person did indeed fake it then i hope they get prison time. dumb ass. 

Just now, Red Five said:

This story is like catnip for a lot of people. 

You mean the people who love to believe it happened ?  Or other people ?

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol. It’s all very similar now.  I’m there most weekends I’m in town.  But either area is not going to be anymore dangerous at 2am then dirty 6th or Collins in Miami etc.  

Yeah, Im still there 2-3 times a year. It's basically the same neighborhood and yeah, 2 people of any race, or financial status at 2 am is to be expected rather. Particularly on weekends. 

51 minutes ago, futureman said:

but he’s black and gay!  do you know what that’s like in america?  he should be allowed to do whatever he wants. 

How dare you. He was raised on the hard streets of Santa Rosa California and then at Paramus Catholic in New Jersey.

He had to scrounge for a living on Hollywood sets while filming for the multiple significant roles he had as a child actor.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

How dare you. He was raised on the hard streets of Santa Rosa California and then at Paramus Catholic in New Jersey.

He had to scrounge for a living on Hollywood sets while filming for the multiple significant roles he had as a child actor.

Gettin' all dusty up in here. Sounds like an after school movie special to me.  

Lots of life lessons to be learned, probably about all the casting couches he had to lie on for the evil white producers (the sick, and sad thing that last part is probably true).

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Have you ever even been on a set as an extra?? Or as a non-marque actor. Yeah, you have to get to the vendor table early or filthy animals have put their paws all over the craft food.  Hell, all the good stuff gets snatched up right away. Forget about it if a line has formed.

And you've clearly never been to Paramus NJ, let me tell you the food is 90% chain and the streets are a hot mess regarding traffic.

The struggle is real.

Edited by BurntEyes

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

But that new evidence could be exactly that they staged it at the request of Smollett. Can't charge someone for assault/battery if the other party told you to hit them. 

I think this shit will all quietly be swept under the rug and we will never really know what happened. 

3 minutes ago, pops said:

But that new evidence could be exactly that they staged it at the request of Smollett. Can't charge someone for assault/battery if the other party told you to hit them. 

I think this shit will all quietly be swept under the rug and we will never really know what happened. 

And I'll care a lot.

7 minutes ago, pops said:

eh.  filing a false police report is a crime. 

Hate Crime means the FBI automatically gets involved. Which is likely why they were able to track the Nigerians movements so quickly and why as soon as they returned from Nigeria on Wednesday the investigation kicked into high gear. It could be just bs/ fake news but there are rumors that Jussie has within the last 24 hours found some high profile representation.

Just waiting for the “My client has TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome), PTSD, is biopolar,  a drug addict and extremely angry his role in  the 1992 classic film Mighty Ducks didn’t catapult him into The Hollywood A List. My client has checked into an undisclosed rehab where he can get the care he deserves and should have had all along if the mental health system in our country weren’t broken.” 

I’m pretty much sure this exactly what his lawyer will end up saying. Or he could say no comment. 

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

eh.  filing a false police report is a crime. 

They didn't file shit. Smollett did. 

6 minutes ago, pops said:

They didn't file shit. Smollett did. 

I’m fully aware of that. 

it was in reference to you saying this would all be swept under the rug.  smollett is in trouble if they can prove he’s full of shit. 

Edited by futureman

Here’s the thing about hate crimes from someone who would know, me, a white man. You see, (anecdotal story I heard from another old white guy) and that’s because (thinly veiled racism) which means (blatant racism). And that is why I live in (Cypress/Southlake/Leander). 

21 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I can't decide which happens more, fake hate crimes or fake sexual assault crimes. One thing is for sure, women and minorities cannot be trusted. 

This is my favorite post this year.

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You mean the people who love to believe it happened ?  Or other people ?

I think he means "you" people.

47 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I think he means "you" people.

That’s racist! *

*if you are a person of color but not racist if you aren’t 

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

What is there to gain by him staging a hate crime??  Such a odd story.

A couple a few  reasons, notoriety, publicity or just sheer stupidity.