Yoga Chick Lost in Hawaii -- Story Seems Off

MaybeACoordinator

Guest Lobo

And how do you manage to form a multi-week search party of several dozen people and not somehow manage to get a person who knows that area involved?  No law enforcement?  No local guides?  No park rangers?  Nothing?  Just a bunch of her friends and family saying cliche shit like "Welp, if we're meant to find her...the universe shall will us towards her."  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

And how do you manage to form a multi-week search party of several dozen people and not somehow manage to get a person who knows that area involved?  No law enforcement?  No local guides?  No park rangers?  Nothing?  Just a bunch of her friends and family saying cliche shit like "Welp, if we're meant to find her...the universe shall will us towards her."  

Damn hippies 

This video is an hour long, but there were several parts that stood out to me. 

First, watch the beginning where the doctor who treated Eller speaks. She seems to be in disbelief of Eller’s condition when she was brought in to the hospital. No signs of dehydration, no signs of electrolyte imbalance that you would normally see. Even though, as is mentioned later in the video, there were days where she went without water because the storms caused the river water to be muddy and she was afraid to drink it. 

Javier shows up at about minute 42. And you can tell that he’s already putting together a business plan for a search and rescue company that will incorporate the different technologies and methods they supposedly used to find her, including software that was created by Eller’s father.

Eller’s friend Sarah Haynes also indicates that this isn’t the last we’ve heard from Eller. And she or the mom also mentions that Eller’s husband “just knew” that she was northeast so they kept looking in that direction. 

Count me as a skeptic. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

This video is an hour long, but there were several parts that stood out to me. 

First, watch the beginning where the doctor who treated Eller speaks. She seems to be in disbelief of Eller’s condition when she was brought in to the hospital. No signs of dehydration, no signs of electrolyte imbalance that you would normally see. Even though, as is mentioned later in the video, there were days where she went without water because the storms caused the river water to be muddy and she was afraid to drink it. 

Javier shows up at about minute 42. And you can tell that he’s already putting together a business plan for a search and rescue company that will incorporate the different technologies and methods they supposedly used to find her, including software that was created by Eller’s father.

Eller’s friend Sarah Haynes also indicates that this isn’t the last we’ve heard from Eller. And she or the mom also mentions that Eller’s husband “just knew” that she was northeast so they kept looking in that direction. 

Count me as a skeptic. 

Wow no kidding; I can't wait for the next press conference where her dad comes out wearing a black turtleneck.  

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I watched some of her PC earlier. I've got a pretty good bullshit detector, and it's going off. Not saying the entire thing is a hoax like the balloon boy, but something feels off. 

The fact that she scheduled a PC set mine off. 

I think she was having a bad day, went in the woods and had a good cry. Missed an appointment or some shit, decided "fuck it", didn't want to bother with the fallout/shame and went into hiding when she heard the searchers. Got hungry eventually.

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I think she was having a bad day, went in the woods and had a good cry. Missed an appointment or some shit, decided "fuck it", didn't want to bother with the fallout/shame and went into hiding when she heard the searchers. Got hungry eventually.

Was looking for Starbucks.

Not at all sure why the story seems "off." People do get lost by doing stupid things sometimes. Also, lots of folks are thinking about the acreage without taking the geography into account. Also not taking into account the effects of dehydration, hypothermia, starvation, etc.

That said, when she initially chose to "trust her instincts," it's clear we're not talking about a high-wattage bulb. Not the sharpest ball in the pinball machine. Not from the deep end of the gene pool. You know... 

Guest Lobo
21 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Not at all sure why the story seems "off." People do get lost by doing stupid things sometimes. Also, lots of folks are thinking about the acreage without taking the geography into account. Also not taking into account the effects of dehydration, hypothermia, starvation, etc.

That said, when she initially chose to "trust her instincts," it's clear we're not talking about a high-wattage bulb. Not the sharpest ball in the pinball machine. Not from the deep end of the gene pool. You know... 

Remind me not to invite you to the Orienteering event we do with scouts.  It is so much more wildly impossible than you can imagine to zigzag that trail system without ever hitting upon one.  Now of course, you could stumble over them at night (we can obviously get into the moon phases if you want).  And when you're tired and thirsty, other things slip your observational skill set.  She is obviously a national treasure...Namaste.  

I'd really like to turn the attention to perhaps the most moronically assembled search team in U.S. history.  

"You can have these park experts, local tour guides, law enforcement, trackers, island natives, and military personnel taking R&R on the island."  

"Uh, okay.  Thanks, but no thanks.  We'll take Danny Noonan and Roscoe, the One-Armed Midget."  

17 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Watch the first few minutes of the video I posted earlier. The doctor said she wasn’t dehydrated and that none of the physical symptoms one would expect to see from a person who was missing for 17 days were present. That is just one of the reasons this seems off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

I call bullshit at a yoga instructor  leaving her phone in her car. Like she wouldn't want to be taking selfies out on the trail to post on Instagram.

You laugh, but that's actually the first bullshit flag I saw.  A self-absorbed yoga instructor isn't going to be without selfies to capture herself in #spiritualbliss #natureisthecure

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

You've not read the whole thread.

She wasn't dehydrated, at ALL. In fact, her electrolytes were absolutely normal.

There could be no hypothermia, at all.

She was 2.5 miles from town 

15 miles from an airport.

And all she had to do was...

Walk.. wait for it 

Down hill.

That's it, that's all. Walk down hill.

And these are many of the other bullshit flags.

You forgot that they used her father's now famous tracking software that he somehow developed in 2 weeks.
That's important, because it is amazingly unbelievable.
Hopefully, they will save poor slipper less Mina too. Watch, that's next. Book it 

Ya what the hell is that?

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm laughing alright because I challenge anyone to show me a woman in the US between 16-60 years old who walks from their bed room to the kitchen without a phone in tow. Much less a granola muchin' yoga instructor on a nature walk in Hawaii.

Other than the 2/3 of time they ask you to call their phone because they can’t member where they set it down 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You forgot that they used her father's now famous tracking software that he somehow developed in 2 weeks.

That's important, because it is amazingly unbelievable.

Hopefully, they will save poor slipper less Mina too. Watch, that's next. Book it 

Just to be fair, the claim is that the dad had created the technology previously for a different purpose, not for use in searches, but that they would be using it for searches from now on. It’s around the 53 minute mark of the long PC video. Still sounds off. 

I haven’t watched all of the videos out there, but I’ve heard Javier mention in several interviews that the rescue was “straight out of a movie”. Motive? Hmm. 

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm mad curious though what it WAS developed for which so easily allowed itself to be conveniently adapted to search and rescue.

I’m curious about that as well. Conveniently, the dad was not at the press conference to answer that question.