Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This class may finish with a 93+ composite average which would be insane.  Jordan and Eaton will drop it ( not sure if it'd fall below 93? ), but Collins is a high 93 composite right now.

Jordan and Eaton would drop it to .9286, add Collins would make it .9290.

4 minutes ago, AndThenIWentToTexas said:

QJ is easily my favorite croot in the class. No nonsense, didn't report all his offers, strait to the point commitment video released before 9am on a Saturday. Not to mention a crazy smooth athlete that can jump out of the gym. I think he will keep his head down and emerge in 2 years as monster.

You've damn sure embraced Texas.

• Like 2

Man this has been a crazy run the last few weeks. From getting goofed on by aggy for the tiny class a few weeks ago to this monster class has been fun.
“Purty much err’body” or “for all intensive porpoises err’body” would be pretty accurate. The quality of this class is insane.
Herman’s building a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Think our class average is good now, wait till the BOMC kicks in

If we can get Q to just barely below demas that should be good for some aggy consternation and internet convulsions, as theyve told themselves that demas is miles above any other wr prospect since Calvin Johnson 

• Like 2

If we can get Q to just barely below demas that should be good for some aggy consternation and internet convulsions, as theyve told themselves that demas is miles above any other wr prospect since Calvin Johnson 

Damnit, it’d be awesome if someone came in and flipped Demas and their safety. Any chance on this? Does hoping for that make me a bad person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From spurstalk, hmmm:

This was from the Inside Texas commitment article written on WR Quentin Johnston.

"The staff needed one of each receiver position: a boundary, a slot, and an explosive athlete to the field. Now they just need the first two and there may be an exciting development on that front."

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From spurstalk, hmmm:

This was from the Inside Texas commitment article written on WR Quentin Johnston.

"The staff needed one of each receiver position: a boundary, a slot, and an explosive athlete to the field. Now they just need the first two and there may be an exciting development on that front."

Where does JSN project? 

7 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

At this rate, this shit is gonna be all wrapped up by the La. Tech game

As it has been previously reported by IT (IIRC), it's by design. Get most of the recruiting done prior to the start of football season, so can largely focus on performing on the field. It's not a bad idea if evaluation is done properly and enough of an eye is kept on the recruiting scene to pull some late bloomer recruits.

This seems like an unprecedented run. Is this an unprecedented run? I can't recall a fucking run like this at Texas, this early in a cycle, and especially at the expense of aggy as much as it is. And to think just a few weeks ago, this board was in full cunt-rag meltdown mode. Amazing. 

Herman is really building a fucking juggernaut. All we need is a fucking stud LB or 3 and we are set.

This seems like an unprecedented run. Is this an unprecedented run? I can't recall a fucking run like this at Texas, this early in a cycle, and especially at the expense of aggy as much as it is. And to think just a few weeks ago, this board was in full cunt-rag meltdown mode. Amazing. 
Herman is really building a fucking juggernaut. All we need is a fucking stud LB or 3 and we are set.

Mack used to secure 10+ commitments at Junior Days, but those were typically a couple of solid projects and then a bunch of bread. Aside from NSD 2016, I can’t remember us ever getting so many high profile commits in a row.