Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

It's what he posted. He's glamorizing Evans's shot at Texas. 

Kid was hosted on the 40 Acres for his entire Spring Break. He doesn't have to pick Texas, but he certainly could act with a little bit more class.

Well, whatever you feel, I don't think Bryant Westbrook is keeping tabs on every post his players are making on social media.

meh.  texas had a chance to prove everyone wrong by beating ou in the big 12 championship game and then beating georgia.  that would've shut everyone the fuck up.  some people are just looking for reasons not to choose texas.  evans never said anything flattering about any of texas' wins.  fuck him.  he was a hater from the start.

we take care of business this year, mudstomp lsu at home, and beat the living shit out of ou twice and the narrative fucking changes.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Well, whatever you feel, I don't think Bryant Westbrook is keeping tabs on every post his players are making on social media.

i'm sure he's well aware of doings of his top prospect who also happens to be a big target from his alma mater.

• Like 1

Just now, Machinator said:

I never suggested that he was or he should be. Considering that Ringo deleted the posted, the kid wisened up on his own or through some guidance. I just believe that if Westbrook was ever aware of Ringo's post, it wouldn't sit well him (for reasons I explained in my previous post).

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Here.

11 hours ago, satyanash said:

Mike at Night: Assessing the state of recruiting

Reveal hidden contents

— This week will be a little bit slow. The coaching staff is finishing up vacation before jumping into the summer camp circuit. Texas will get rolling this weekend with the SMU/Texas camp in Dallas on Sunday. Camps will continue throughout next week in Austin before the staff heads to California for a camp with Cal Lutheran. With that in mind, I figured I’d use Mike at Night to talk about the state of recruiting.

— Progress has obviously been slow this year, and I get that it’s frustrating for fans to follow. It can be equally as frustrating to cover at times, but I think we should see some action in the next few months. June will be a huge visit month for the Longhorns, and that starts this weekend with the unofficial visits of elite out of state targets Lathan Ransom (Tucson, Ariz./Salpointe Catholic) and Johnny Wilson (Calabasas, Calif.). Both prospects are coming in on their own dime and returning later this month for official visits. I’ve often talked about the indicators needed from out of state prospects to consider Texas a serious contender, and two visits in one month certainly falls in that category.

— I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t expecting a few more commitments in May than there were. Under Herman’s watch, Texas typically heated up a bit in May before rolling into the summer. I think that this class has been a bit different than previous groups navigating the early signing period. This is still a testing out phase, and while the last two classes seemingly committed earlier, this class is targeting more summer visits and decisions. Of the Top 50 prospects in the state, according to 247Sports, 23 are currently committed. Four of those prospects are currently in the Texas class (Hudson Card, Jaylen Garth, Logan Parr, and Jake Majors).

— I’ve mentioned it multiple times, but there is no need to push the panic button until mid-July. I think it’s likely we see late June and early July set off a few commitments, and several major targets want to make a decision before their senior seasons start. Looking at where this class stands in mid-August might assuage some fears.

— I’d also be lying if I said I didn’t expect Texas to get more early momentum from the Sugar Bowl win than they did. I think that the performance made an impact on some 2020 guys, but 2021 prospects seem to be mentioning it more. The Longhorns plan for this to be a smaller class, and they are targeting quality in their takes, but I expected one or two more big names to attach themselves in the spring. I still really like the foundation of this class. Card is the QB1 take that many schools would love, and the offensive line group is off to a better start than I can remember in recent years. Jaden Hullaby is probably undervalued at this point because of the ambiguity in his fit, but I think it was a shrewd evaluation by Texas to target a player they feel can bring something new to their offense.

— When you strive year in and year out to be ranked in the Top 5 nationally for recruiting, you’re going to be playing in some very high stakes recruitments. I know you guys want to hear that the Longhorns are running away in every race they are in, but they are battling some pretty tough teams when it comes to landing these prospects. That makes for some high-wire acts and close races, but this is life recruiting as an elite. If you look at the board right now, Texas sits in a pretty good position with the majority of their top targets.

— If you asked me what I’m worried about in this class, I would say that there are still some positions that cause me concern. Running back would probably be one of them. Texas is trending down for Zachary Evans, and they are going to continue to push to flip Oklahoma commit Jase McClellan. I think they are in really good shape with Salpointe Catholic running back Bijan Robinson, and they have the chance to establish a lead in his recruitment following his official visit. Still, when you’re playing in that class it can be feast or famine as Texas fans saw last year. I do believe that the staff is lining up quality RB2 takes, but they need a home run hitter this year.

— I’m not that worried right now about defensive line recruiting. I think that Texas lands at least two of their big three in-state (Alfred Collins, Vernon Broughton, and Princely Umanmielen), and I think they’ve shown the ability to find guys who are undervalued. I’m also not particularly worried about wide receiver. I think we’ve seen over time that while receivers generate the most buzz, the state is spitting out quality options all over. This will be a smaller receiver class as it is, and I don’t think any wide receiver makes or breaks a class.

— I say all of this to say, I understand the frustration of following and covering a stagnant class. Texas certainly does not have a perfect recruiting effort, but they’ve been pretty good over the last few cycles. There are some areas of concern (and there will be every year), but now isn’t the time to push the panic button. Stick around, it could be a fun summer.

We're coming off a decade of being mediocre to straight up horrible.  Charlie burned this fucking program to the ground.  Herman had a chance last year to win the conference and we didn't.  10 wins was a good but you can bet georgia, ou, lsu will say whatever they need to to keep Texas down.  When we are winning consistently, we cherry pick the state.  When we are down, they take the elite guys.  Here are the solutions to be competitive with future recruits.

1.  Whip LSU.  Don't let them crawl back like we did uga.  Everyone that watched that game knows we completely whipped them but somehow they are spinning this that we barely beat them.  You put him comments on every fucking locker.  Let the players know what people think of their performance.  

2.  Beat ou twice.  We were 1-1 against them last year and somehow they are still squawking that they are the better team.  

3.  We need to win the conference.  No excuses anymore.  It's been a god damn decade.  We recruit better than any other team in the conference.  There is no excuse not to win it.  Absolutely none.  

4.  We 100% need to start getting guys in the NFL.  Elite guys aren't coming to schools that put 2-3 players a year in late rounds.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

5.  Tom needs to see that Texas recruiting has changed.  It's as dirty as ever.  Aggy opened the doors to cheating here.  Hell they hired Jimbo and then double downed and hired the AD that got Ole Miss in the mess that they are in.  They aren't even hiding it.  Either we adjust and start doing the same or our ceiling will be Washington, Stanford, Michigan.  A program that recruits well enough yo compete but never can get over the hump.  We have lost every elite prospect that I can remember since maybe both Mal. Browns and Jonathan Gray.  Since then, the elite prospects have chosen to go elsewhere.  This needs to change.  

Lastly, it's time to put Evans behind us.  Don't get your hopes up with Ringo either.  Dude has been all Georgia.  He also wants to play with another corner that's committed or will commit to them.   Also, Evans is not trolling.  You don't make those comments if you plan on signing with Texas.  You think his comments will help our coaches recruit other players.  You think the locker room will welcome him if he decides to come here.  He's not coming here.  That recruitment is as dirty as you will see.  Everyone warned us.  The dude may be the most complete back to come out in the last 10 year.... you don't think lsu, bama, uga are making insane bids for him?  You're crazy if you think the dude or his bro are going to turn down 200-300k bids to come to play at Texas where we haven't won shit except a sugar bowl in the last 10 years.  Time to put every effort into Bijan.  If we lose him, Herman needs to have a serious look in the mirror and realize he needs to fire Drayton, Giles, and Warehime ASAP.  Then he needs to suck it up and hire some recruiters that know how to play the game.  This is how you get back to the top.  The college game has changed.  We need to adjust.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cdain3 said:

9250500.png

Lmao Georgia literally turned a ass kicking into a positive. Ridiculous

It's a major indictment of Stan Drayton. This is the sort of negative recruiting he has to be nipping in the bud. But he hasn't and now it's festered and implanting itself in the minds of our top OOS targets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

Aggy could go 14-0 win the title. Win the heisman. Have every returning starter back for a second round. Be ranked no.1 coming into the next season and prison pussy Loochie would still find something to bitch about regarding Texas, and how aggy is still getting scorned from somewhere, someone, somehow.

@Machinator here :: 

No. 1: The Zachary Evans saga

Coming into the year, North Shore (Texas) RB Zachary Evans was perhaps the most important recruit in the cycle. He visited Texas more than any school during his sophomore and junior years, and the Longhorns appeared to have the early edge. When we spoke with Evans during the spring camp circuit, his talking points were all over the place. When I went to see him during the spring, I started to get the feeling that Texas was losing ground daily in this recruitment. It’s still very early, but I don’t believe he lands at Texas right now. Whatever the reason ends up being, it’s a tough loss for Texas.

No. 2: Good news is coming

I know it doesn’t seem like it, but good news is probably around the corner. The summer could be very productive for Texas in building the next layer of this class. There’s already a strong foundation in place, and I think the summer will allow the Longhorns to add a few new members to that foundation before going into the season looking to close strong.

Targets such as Chad Lindberg, Chris Thompson, Vernon Broughton, Ja'Quinden Jackson and Jahari Rogers are all looking to make summer decisions, and I think Texas is in good standing for those prospects. Rogers would be the lowest rated guy of that group at No. 29 in the state, according to 247Sports Composite. That’s a potential haul of five high-quality guys who could potentially be added to the Longhorns 2020 signing class.

No. 3: Kitan Crawford’s upside

In 2018, Texas defensive lineman Moro Ojomo was a late bloomer that several top schools chased. In 2019, Texas found Tyler Owens, who developed into a five-star prospect, in a similar position. When I have been asked who could be that type of prospect in 2020, my answer has been Kitan Crawford. The difference with Crawford is that he was offered much earlier than the other two. I didn’t know much about Crawford at the time he was offered, and I honestly didn’t pay it much mind.

As I spoke with sources in Austin during the spring, I was told that Texas was in love Crawford’s ability. The spring gave me the opportunity to evaluate Crawford with an open mind, and I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. Crawford’s athletic ability was already enough to be intriguing, but his reps in coverage told me that he has a natural feel for the position. I was told by one in-state source that Crawford could be the best defensive back in Texas for 2020, and I’m starting to believe the potential is there.

No. 4: Hudson Card has superstar qualities

One of the more odd things I have seen since I've started covering recruiting is the relative lack of excitement for Texas quarterback commit Hudson Card. I love watching passers develop through high school, and I have been really impressed with the jump Hudson made from his sophomore to junior year. The other thing I look for in quarterbacks is the mental evaluation. Card is one of the more measured kids I have met, but he blends that with a fiery competitive energy. I’m not sure there’s a Texas quarterback commit I have thought of this highly since Sam Ehlinger.

No. 5: I love what Texas is building on the offensive line

(Photo: Twitter: @JaylenGarth)
The trio of offensive line commits Texas currently has is a great beginning to an o-line group. I’ve been a fan of Prosper’s Jake Majors and his technique. He’s the type of interior prospect who can stick at guard, but his mental ceiling fits great at center. The feedback I have received from his coaches at Prosper was effusive praise about his work ethic and leadership. Logan Parr is another intellectual type who plays with brutality. You build power running games around interior prospects like Parr and Majors, and those two embrace the physicality Tom Herman asks for in his team. Jaylen Garth is the perfect type of athlete to mold into a left tackle. When he received a huge rankings bump, I didn’t necessarily agree. After seeing him this spring, I can see what the 247Sports national team liked about him. He’s growing into his frame, and he is a high ceiling athlete. The Longhorns have labored to build quality offensive line classes in the last few years, and they have three parts of a really good one committed before the summer.

No. 6: 2021 has some d-line monsters

Tunmise Adeleye has been one of my favorite prospects for a while, but I met a few prospects this spring who will rival him for the top defensive line prospect in the state. Pleasant Grove’s Landon Jackson is well-known, but his teammate Marcus Burris is turning into a blue-chip recruit before our eyes. Texas High’s Clayton Smith is probably a b-backer type at the next level, but his freakish ability along with Burris and Jackson signal a return to prominence for east Texas. Port Arthur Memorial’s Jordon Thomas was the most impressive prospect I saw on my tour. The state hit a dry spell in the trenches over the past few years, but 2020 and 2021 are overflowing with studs up front.

No. 7: James Brockermeyer isn’t just part of a package deal

There’s a perception that James Brockermeyer must be a take to land his five-star twin brother Tommy Brockermeyer. While the two will likely go to school together, James is more than just an add-on. Since the first time I saw him in a camp setting, I thought that he was capable of playing at a high level if he could add the weight. When I saw him in May, Brockermeyer was noticeably bigger. His coach said that he’s always played with a chip on his shoulder, and that was clear every time I saw him compete. If the Longhorns land both, they should be thrilled with the addition of James.

No. 8: Ja'Quinden Jackson can play any position he wants

Ja'Quinden Jackson spent the last two years being asked what he will play at the next level. I don’t really think it matters. For the record, I love his upside at quarterback. He has a huge arm, and he just needs a coach who can harness his ability and design an offense around his strengths. It will take work, but Jackson has everything you look for in a quarterback. If it doesn’t work out there, he’s more than capable of playing a few different positions.

No. 9: Vernon Broughton is developing into a freak

When film of Vernon Broughton first surfaced, I didn’t see anything special in his skillset. When I saw him as a junior, it was clear there were flashes of what he could be. Seeing him this spring makes me confident that he can develop into a high draft pick. Broughton’s build is so powerful, but it’s the way he moves so quickly that is uncommon for a man of his size. I’m excited to see what he can do during his senior season and if he can keep on the same trajectory.

No. 10: Quay Davis is the guy everyone will be going nuts for next year

2021 Skyline wide receiver Quaydarius Davis made some of the biggest highlight plays I saw during the spring. It started on the 7v7 and camp circuit, and it continued into spring ball. Davis is built like Dez Bryant, and he has a flair for the dramatic on the field. He’s still pretty raw for the position, but he possesses the best big-play ability I’ve seen in 2021 so far.

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Screen-Shot-2019-05-29-at-10-17-10-AM.pn

Also Whittington was a five-star last year.

Yeah, had a brain fart there.  But you know what I mean man.  That 2018 class is an outlier.  We made up for it last year with some out of state recruits but if Bru bolts, it does but a cloud over that class.  The 2018 class was based heavily out of Houston where Tom had built those relationships while coaching there.  I hope we see those same results.  My point is that over the last 5-6 years, we've lost the majority of high profile recruits.  2018 should be closer to the norm considering our history and what we have to offer.  But I don't expect us to clean up the state like we did that year for a while unless things change.  Also keep in mind we weren't competing with Jimbo's cheating ass that year.  Sumlin was a dead man walking which made it easier for us to clean up the state.  It's different now. 

Edited by victory88

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Screen-Shot-2019-05-29-at-10-17-10-AM.pn

Also Whittington was a five-star last year.

The stars aligned for that class. Riley was hired half way through the summer, sumlin was a dead man walking, ogre was the laughing stock of CFB and LSU was a mess, Kirby only won 8 games, we took OSUs best Texas recruiter and it was a Houston heavy class and we had just hired the hot G5 coach from the same city.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We have lost every elite prospect that I can remember since maybe both Mal. Browns and Jonathan Gray.  Since then, the elite prospects have chosen to go elsewhere.  This needs to change.  

I don't necessarily disagree with the general tone of your post, but c'mon man.  Although, Malikmas does feel like a century ago.

Image result for malik jefferson commitment

Edited by Chuckie Finster

10 hours ago, Machinator said:

You take 9.95er reports at face value when they report something vaguely negative.

10 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I'd feel the same way if you ever posted something remotely positive.

Reacting to positive news positively and trying to spin negative news in a positive fashion are two very different things. Would posting something boilerplate like "Next man up" or "We don't need [insert name here] to win the Big 12" after every miss really add anything constructive? I guess I could give it a shot.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If Texas isn’t quite there yet, would adding talent like Evans and ringo get us there?  That’s why we are recruiting you guys. Jesus. 

Yah, wish these guys would buy into themselves a bit, that they could be the difference in Texas being a "Natty" caliber team or not. But again, that's not the real point. The real point is getting drafted as early as possible. Still, buy into yourselves. 

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Reacting to positive news positively and trying to spin negative news in a positive fashion are two very different things. Would posting something boilerplate like "Next man up" or "We don't need [insert name here] to win the Big 12" after every miss really add anything constructive? I guess I could give it a shot.

I don't think anyone here wants to see you pull something.

• Like 2

Elite composite instate 5 stars 

-2020:

Evans-  not Texas

Demas-  aggy

McClellan- ou

-2019:

Green- aggy

Leal-  aggy

Wilson- osu

Wease- ou

Brooks- lsu

Whittington- TEXAS

-2018:

Sterns- TEXAS

Foster-  TEXAS

2017:

M. Wilson- fsu

Okudah- osu

W. Little- stanford

Browning- osu

2016-

G. Little- ole miss

Oliver- UH

-2015:

Jefferson- TEXAS

Mack- aggy

Sheffield- bama

Jamabo- ucla

Murry- aggy

Teheuma- lsu

We were able to land 4 of 24 instate 5 star prospects the last 5 years.  You get my point.  We clearly are not recruiting at the level that we should.

• Like 6

Evans is both right and wrong.  He's right that we're not there yet.  There's still a talent gap between us and the top programs.  It's going to be there for a few more years.  

He's flat wrong about Georgia.  We whipped their ass.

But what isn't going away is the fact that we play in the Big XII.  The SEC is a selling point to recruits, plain and simple.  

But that comment about by Evans is going to hurt for a bit.  Don't think for a minute other recruits won't notice it.  

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Evans is both right and wrong.  He's right that we're not there yet.  There's still a talent gap between us and the top programs.  It's going to be there for a few more years.  

He's flat wrong about Georgia.  We whipped their ass.

But what isn't going away is the fact that we play in the Big XII.  The SEC is a selling point to recruits, plain and simple.  

But that comment about by Evans is going to hurt for a bit.  Don't think for a minute other recruits won't notice it.  

Get back to me when Clemson is being held back by the specter of the weak ACC. Or even OU, if Riley decided he wanted to recruit defensive players. If we win, then our path to the Championship and preserving players's bodies for the NFL becomes an accepted selling point. Period. We need to win and get guys drafted. Particularly since we aren't playing the game the way other schools are and Herman continues to have dead weight on his staff from a recruiting perspective. We're Texas, we can easily overcome some flaws in our program and sales pitch, but we can't willingly keep shooting ourselves in the dick over and over again. And that means having weak links on the recruiting trail, it means losing talented kids once we fucking HAVE them on campus, and it means Herman being less of a stubborn, smartest guy in the room prick all the time. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

The fact that the Georgia shit is working when we literally just beat them shows that this SEC shit is ingrained in these kids heads. The only thing that’s gonna change that is playoff appearances and 1st round draft picks, even beating LSU won’t matter if it doesn’t come with those two things.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Elite composite instate 5 stars 

Wilson- osu  (Never coming here)

Wease- ou

Brooks- lsu (Is he in jail yet)

Whittington- TEXAS

-2018:

Sterns- TEXAS

Foster-  TEXAS

2017:

M. Wilson- fsu (How is that Willie T experience working for you)

W. Little- Stanford (Seems like he sucks)

2016-

G. Little- ole miss (He got stoned and missed it)

Oliver- UH (Tom Herman landed him)

-2015:

Jefferson- TEXAS

Mack- aggy (OMG)

Jamabo- ucla (OMG)

Murry- aggy (Never coming here despite stringing Charlie along)

Teheuma- lsu (Isn't he in jail for beating the shit out of his girlfriend)

I am pretty happy that we missed on some of those 5 stars.  FIFY

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

The fact that the Georgia shit is working when we literally just beat them shows that this SEC shit is ingrained in these kids heads. The only thing that’s gonna change that is playoff appearances and 1st round draft picks, even beating LSU won’t matter if it doesn’t come with those two things.

what bugs me about that idea is that IMO we're just as close as Oklahoma. 

As I've said, the difference is the draft/NFL. They're (OU) not on the list because they're that much more of a title contender, they're on the list because they've had offensive players taken #1 overall the past two drafts, and three offensive players taken in the top 38 this year. Two OL in the top 100 picks this year. A tackle in the top 100 last year, + TE. That's what a kid like Evans wants to see. 

Edited by UncleBuck

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

It's what he posted. He's glamorizing Evans's shot at Texas. 

Kid was hosted on the 40 Acres for his entire Spring Break. He doesn't have to pick Texas, but he certainly could act with a little bit more class.

Class is something that future generations will read about in history books.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean we are still getting top 5 recruiting classes. Eventually that has got to help us get somebody in the NFL.

Oh it should for sure But until it does, on paper UT isn't producing early in the draft. It's not a lie on the surface. 

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

what bugs me about that idea is that IMO we're just as close as Oklahoma. 

As I've said, the difference is the draft/NFL. They're not on the list because they're that much more of a title contender, they're on the list because they've had offensive players taken #1 overall the past two drafts, and three offensive players taken in the top 38 this year. Two OL in the top 100 picks this year. A tackle in the top 100 last year, + TE. 

For what it's worth I think the "win and all our problems go away" is an oversimplication and a halcyon view on things.

But OU has won the Big 12 six times this decade, has made the playoffs thrice, and also has the other ancillary stuff in their favor as well (individual awards, draft picks, etc.). The idea that we're just as close as OU in the eyes of recruits isn't going to fly yet.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

For what it's worth I think the "win and all our problems go away" is an oversimplication and a halcyon view on things.

But OU has won the Big 12 six times this decade, has made the playoffs thrice, and also has the other ancillary stuff in their favor as well (individual awards, draft picks, etc.). The idea that we're just as close as OU in the eyes of recruits isn't going to fly yet.

Yah, but when you're talking "national championships", I think that's different than winning a big 12 title then getting your ass kicked in the playoffs. That's what I'm getting at. Sure, if you're down to UT vs. OU, OU has all of that. But when you're talking "Natties", don't show me a list with Bamas and Ohio States, then LSU and OU and expect me to buy that. 

49 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We have lost every elite prospect that I can remember since maybe both Mal. Browns and Jonathan Gray.  Since then, the elite prospects have chosen to go elsewhere.  This needs to change.  

In part, you can chalk up a ton of the reason we don't get elite guys to the fact that Texas hasn't won a conference title since 2009, has been in one conference title game since 09, has won ten games once since 09, has won 6 games or fewer (4) the same number of times that they have won 8 or more (4) and have lost 7 of 10 games to OU over the same timeframe and since 2010 have had 3 total guys drafted in the first round - 2010, 2013 and 2015. 

when you don't win many games, don't win your conference, lose to your rival a lot (who has been v successful over the same timeframe) and don't put guys  in the NFL it is pretty damn hard to attract elite guys - no matter where they are from. that said, Texas has gotten a handful of elite guys since 2011 just looking at top 50ish players for the last few years:

2015: Coming off a 6-7 season

• MALIIIIIKKKKKKKKK was #10 overall

2016: coming off a 5-7 season

• Brandon Jones was #40 overall
  • (Jeff McCulloch was #62 overall)
  • (not including the Baylor guys here)

2017: coming off a 5-7 season

• Gary Jones was the #5 overall JuCo 

2018: coming off a 7-6 season

• Sterns was #19 overall, and #1 in the State
  • BJ Foster was #24 overall
  • Jalen Green was #47 overall
  • (Overshown was #52 overall)

2019: 

•  Whittington was #34 overall
  • (McCoy was #9 overall, #2 in Cali)
  • (Tyler Johnson was #58 overall)
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Listen, I agree that it's an oversimplification of things. If we were clicking on almost all our cylinders, would we still be bitching about dead weight on staff, a media bias, and individual shit? Yes, because all of us want to see this program maximized and running as efficiently as possible, which literally I'm not sure anyone has seen in our lifetimes as Texas fans. I certainly haven't, and the first one of you to say it happened during the Mack Brown era can fuck right off and go bury your head back in the sand. 

But if there's one thing that fixes most of our issues and leaves our detractors without a leg to stand on, its Playoff Appearances and Draft Picks. 

• Like 2