Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Just now, closetojumping said:

Texas would take but isn’t pushing for Lindberg and Umanlymannishman. If the numbers get tighter, those offers might compete with one another. 

They’re going to take a full or super full class in 2021, which is loaded and they’re looking amazing for at this time. 

Karic is a Yancey special and they liken the take to Cosmi. 

The Cali WR is a true qualification risk, but they might take him this weekend. Hard push for QJ from here until the end of the recruiting cycle of that is what it takes. 

There’s a low key plan at LB that isn’t coming to light until it has to, for whatever reason. 

No fucking clue at TB.

Big news going to continue for 2021 today and this weekend.  

a) Knowing that there is a plan at LB is gruntling.

b) I like the end of that post a lot. Guessing Davis, but who knows given how this staff has run '21 recruiting.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Cali WR is a true qualification risk, but they might take him this weekend. 

Are you referencing Wilson here? I don't think I've heard this before. (edit, I mean the qualification risk part.)

Edited by Chopper

14 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Such says Karic weighed 255 during a visit in June

Worrying about a 17 year old’s weight when he clearly has the frame to add weight is exactly why recruiting services suck shit through a straw when evaluating tackles. Jason Peters needs to be a two star OMG he’s only 240 pounds as a high school junior how will he handle pass rushers who are 260-270 pounds?????

Nevermind footwork, base athleticism, aggression and power. Nah. Motherfucking weight, yo. That’s the key when projecting where a 17 year old will be in four years. How much he benches and how much he ways at 16/17 has very little to do with how good he will be in 4 years but it never stops the 9.95’s from tarding out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Worrying about a 17 year old’s weight when he clearly has the frame to add weight is exactly why recruiting services suck shit through a straw when evaluating tackles. Jason Peters needs to be a two star OMG he’s only 240 pounds as a high school junior how will he handle pass rushers who are 260-270 pounds?????

Nevermind footwork, base athleticism, aggression and power. Nah. Motherfucking weight, yo. That’s the key when projecting where a 17 year old will be in four years. How much he benches and how much he ways at 16/17 has very little to do with how good he will be in 4 years but it never stops the 9.95’s from tarding out. 

Dumbass sip, you recruit the weight and teach everything else.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas would take but isn’t pushing for Lindberg and Umanlymannishman. If the numbers get tighter, those offers might compete with one another. 

They’re going to take a full or super full class in 2021, which is loaded and they’re looking amazing for at this time. 

The Cali WR is a true qualification risk, but they might take him this weekend. Hard push for QJ from here until the end of the recruiting cycle of that is what it takes. 

There’s a low key plan at LB that isn’t coming to light until it has to, for whatever reason. 

No fucking clue at TB.

Assuming we feel confident in Collins, I think we should save ships for 2021 now on both lines. If Lindberg had committed first I would been fine adding Karic since he is a tackle but now I think you stay at 4 at both positions. RB, DB, LB and WR need to be addressed with remaining ships. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Courtland Fords dad seems fairly pro Texas, is Ford a possibility if they want to take 5? And Linberg at that point is flat out of luck I would guess?

I have a hard time seeing Ford being a take now that Karic is in, but it does seem like the staff has been engaging with Ford more than Lindberg lately.

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No fucking clue at TB.

I love everything about this except TB. What the fuck Stan. 

9 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Courtland Fords dad seems fairly pro Texas, is Ford a possibility if they want to take 5? And Linberg at that point is flat out of luck I would guess?

Ford is friends with Dorbah and JQJ, I think. I don't know how much the staff wants him, if at all (he still doesn't hold an offer).

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I wouldn’t guess on anything good happening at TB at this point, but sure, fuck, that would be great. Is he coming in this weekend? I could see that maybe then. 

Sounds like somebody has a case of the mondays. 

Lead recruiter isn’t drayton on this one, it’s milroe, so get on board for the big win. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Kourt Williams getting tOSU picks in.

aggy at one point thought they were in with a shot of getting him, which is funny, but with our situation at LB we're not exactly in a place to make fun of them.

I've posted this here a couple of times, but he's been an OSU lock for awhile