Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

4 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

I feel the same about him as I did Troy Omeire.

giphy.gif

I understand that you think you take them both but they are VERY different situations - even if the end result in your scenario is to take them both. Omeire has a very limited athletic ceiling. Eaton is all untapped potential. 

• Like 1

Just now, golfclap said:

giphy.gif

I understand that you think you take them both but they are VERY different situations - even if the end result in your scenario is to take them both. Omeire has a very limited athletic ceiling. Eaton is all untapped potential. 

I'm not saying they're a 1-for-1 comparison. In terms of my feelings on taking them. They both have some upside and downside. That is all.

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Still 6th, but gaining. Looks like we will finish with a top 5 class but probably right at 5 unless we flip Ransom and JSN along with landing our remaining priority targets.

It’s going to be hard to finish in the Top 5 this year without landing another 5 star. 

6-9 looks reasonable 

10 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Great frame and room to improve. I think there could potentially be something there.

Agree to disagree.

Is Omeire all of the sudden going to start posting sub 4.6 40's? If not, Omeire's upside is limited greatly, especially when he's got 4-5 guys that play his position in the last 3 Jimbo classes.

Just now, Neonmoon said:

It’s going to be hard to finish in the Top 5 this year without landing another 5 star. 

6-9 looks reasonable 

Well after BC has a meeting with Barton, and Gerry...I'm sure Collins will be a 5 star along with JSN who we flip before it's all said and done.  The floor is #3

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ok what's the Surly consensus?  

Do we want Eaton or not?  

Very low floor, very high ceiling. As a CB3 take he’s fine because we don’t absolutely need him to pan out.  I hope the staff stays on Rogers and Ringo, though. If either wants to commit, it’s worth taking 4 CBs and/or letting Eaton figure out where he would fall in that pecking order and decide if he still wants in.

39 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As an athlete flyer, no problem. But if he doesn’t have the aggression to be a db, his chances at wr seem slim. And where else could he play?

4 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

So, apparently they are looking at him as a CB.

He’s a CB, all the way. No school is considering him as anything else. 

44 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I don't think he ends up at corner and I don't think that's a great thing for his prospects for playing time.

He’ll either pan out at CB or transfer. 

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I would love to see a back alley fight between the Texas and aggy media. But then we would run the risk of Taylor Hamm thinking he was some kind of super hero and getting flattened. I see no downside here. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3520021

Edited by Vertigo