Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From spurstalk on Garth's injury.

OL Jaylen Garth received his MRI results and he has a torn ACL as well as a meniscus tear, per OrangeBloods.

He thinks there may be more damage, but he doesn't know yet.

Ah fuck. Wasn't this Jaylon Smith's injury? Hope there wasn't further damage.

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't know when this happened, but we hired this guy as a recruiting assistant: https://twitter.com/VenricMark

Damn I’m old. I remember like it was yesterday my Rice Owls we’re trying to recruit this guy out of high school. He turned us down but happy to see him at my other team now. 

6 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

He's already had a MRI and they are saying there may be more damage.    

Does that mean they won't know until they operate? 

A good mri should tell the story. Sometimes the machine has problems or (more often) the patient moves a little. The image is very easily degraded if anything isn’t just right when the mri is performed. It sounds from the way things are being phrased that they think more is wrong. To answer your question, probably not. Once the patient is asleep on the table, you can examine his knee with no guarding to confound.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I hope Jahari Rogers was watching the abortion of a performance that was Florida versus Miami especially their 4 PI penalties.

I know we like Rogers, but I don't know if he is a big enough difference maker to bring him in at this point. Ringo will always have a spot if he wants in.

Just now, Magus Ossis said:

A good mri should tell the story. Sometimes the machine has problems or (more often) the patient moves a little. The image is very easily degraded if anything isn’t just right when the mri is performed. It sounds from the way things are being phrased that they think more is wrong. To answer your question, probably not. Once the patient is asleep on the table, you can examine his knee with no guarding to confound.

Where did he have the imaging done? I doubt they are using a 3T unit. I guess my point is that Port Neches probably doesn't have the best facilities, technicians, and doctors. Knee surgery in Port Neches may not equal knee surgery in Houston.

17 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

SIAP, Magus what is your area of concentration?

3 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

@Magus Ossis  I know you're the doc and not the CT Tech, but shouldn't they strap the leg down, if they think the patient might move, to get a better image? I recently had an MRI on my left knee, I guess I didn't move, at least I wasn't told I did. I don't see why they couldn't have strapped it down.

3 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

@Magus Ossis  I know you're the doc and not the CT Tech, but shouldn't they strap the leg down, if they think the patient might move, to get a better image? I recently had an MRI on my left knee, I guess I didn't move, at least I wasn't told I did. I don't see why they couldn't have strapped it down.

I've had several knee MRI's, I'm also a nurse in an orthopedic clinic; so speaking only from personal experience and the docs I work with, even when stabilizing the knee, there are twitches and tiny movements made that can show up that are impossible to keep from happening. 

23 minutes ago, TexasIsBetter said:

I've had several knee MRI's, I'm also a nurse in an orthopedic clinic; so speaking only from personal experience and the docs I work with, even when stabilizing the knee, there are twitches and tiny movements made that can show up that are impossible to keep from happening. 

I concur. I’m not a nurse or a doctor but even when I tie your mom up, it’s impossible to keep her from twitching.

2 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Boarding a flight at Heathrow (Surly business class of course). Expecting some decent content in 10 hours or so. Do your worst.

Fuck literally everything about that airport. When I was working overseas, I missed a connection there because I was unaware that terminal 5 has 3 goddamn buildings and my flight was departing from the third building. There are no maps or signs explaining this. Crazy Brits and their shitty designs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

1 hour ago, TexasIsBetter said:

Pretty much this.

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Fuck literally everything about that airport. When I was working overseas, I missed a connection there because I was unaware that terminal 5 has 3 goddamn buildings and my flight was departing from the third building. There are no maps or signs explaining this. Crazy Brits and their shitty designs.

That's why I fly into Gattwick 

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Heathrow is the worst airport I've ever used, and I've flown into to some truly terrible airports.