Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Not recruiting-related, but for some late-night entertaintment, LotusHorn has some insider "intel" and some scorching hot takes on the Ehlinger / Casey Thompson QB "battle":Ā https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/Thoughts-of-where-we-are-at-134814313/

that is some daddy98 level analysis there.Ā 

Ā 

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

I graduated with a degree in molecular biology and had enough hours for a minor in ChemE (but UT didn't allow engineering minors). I received an MBA and MS in mol. bio. then worked in business development (licensing) for a university and several biotech companies and consulted in the pharmaceutical industry before going into medicine as a second career. Some of the technologies I licensed were for MRI and fMRI out of Wisconsin and there was a working relationship between GE and the University. So, I should have a damn good background in medicine, pharmaceuticals, and biology and an okay background with many medical devices, business related stuff, and engineering stuff. My expertise though is in UT football and UT recruiting.

Yeah, but what is your expertise level in geography, specifically in the Baltimore/D.C. metropolitan area?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

Not recruiting-related, but for some late-night entertaintment, LotusHorn has some insider "intel" and some scorching hot takes on the Ehlinger / Casey Thompson QB "battle":Ā https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/Thoughts-of-where-we-are-at-134814313/

Good grief.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bevoball said:

Yeah, but what is your expertise level in geography, specifically in the Baltimore/D.C. metropolitan area?

My older brother was born in Bethesda, if that counts. I was actually on the wrong side of that geography argument, but, in my defense, I was trolling just because some guys get so bent out of shape about something that no one in their right mind should give a fuck about. It is like telling someone from Cleburne that they live in the Dallas area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Thompson should starts?

This isn't shocking for Lotus, he thought Buechele was hands down the better QB, and it was ridiculous that Ehlinger kept starting.

Ā 

Holy shit, it is worse than I thought.

Ā 

spacer.png

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Isn't the premise of "IT" that the creepy clown manifests itself as what we fear the most?Ā Ā 

Pretty sure the premise of the new IT movie is that "you thought it was dead, but it wasn't," and its back andĀ scary as shit again...and the graphic implies the same thing is true of Texas Football.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

I really don't have any desire to discuss this shit, but Amoxicillin is first line therapy for Strep. And Spawn is just being a condescending prick because of an innocuous post I made stating, " Amoxicillin or Z-Pack would have probably gotten rid of both infections. They probably thought the ear infection was outer ear and gave him drops instead of an oral antibiotic".

When I asked about your medical background, you never actually cited one. Are you a physician, PA, or NP? Iā€™m honestly curious.

23 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

When I asked about your medical background, you never actually cited one. Are you a physician, PA, or NP? Iā€™m honestly curious.

I get how there are so many lawyers around here, but when are these medical professionals checking in on recruiting? Unless you're anesthesiologists, how much spare time during the day do you really have?

Just now, KYHorn said:

I get how there are so many lawyers around here, but when are these medical professionals checking in on recruiting? Unless you're anesthesiologists, how much spare time during the day do you really have?

They have their assistants read the Surly threads out loud to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

What if I told you some posters arenā€™t even close to being as smart or as dumb as we pretend to be.

13 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

JFC, just stop. I am a doctor (which you already knew). You worked for an orthopedic device company in Austin and have a few patents but ran into problems assisting in the OR because? If you want to continue this conversation, PM me.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

magus is either retired or a very poor physician.Ā 

• Like 1

Why do you think we have to wait in the waiting room for at least an hour every time we have an appointment?

Oh no. On Shaggy I was informed by the entire shaggy medical community that it is physically impossible for doctors to stay on schedule. Moon landings, nuclear fusion, and time travel are far easier to accomplish according to this learned community of healthcare professionals.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Only work 14-15 days/month. Burnout rate goes way up after that. Tired, depressed, substance-abusing, suicidal physicians don't tend to provide good care.

• Like 2

LotusHorn is a fake insider that straight makes everything up. The fact that Burton allows himĀ to keep posting speaks to his professional integrity. Or lack thereof.Ā 

Burton might as well allow a palm reader operate on his site because that is how truly deplorable it is to allow LotusHorn continue to pretend to have inside information.Ā 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

LotusHorn is a fake insider that straight makes everything up. The fact that Burton allows himĀ to keep posting speaks to his professional integrity. Or lack thereof.Ā 

Burton might as well allow a palm reader operate on his site because that is how truly deplorable it is to allow LotusHorn continue to pretend to have inside information.Ā 

Has anyone read Hudson Card's palm yet?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Ā 

Oh no. On Shaggy I was informed by the entire shaggy medical community that it is physically impossible for doctors to stay on schedule. Moon landings, nuclear fusion, and time travel are far easier to accomplish according to this learned community of healthcare professionals.

Ā 

it is because their patients are more sick/require more time be spent with them/they do not have enough staff to cover their schedule/the EMR is inefficient

...that is *always* why they run behind heh

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Gotta say, 99% of practice reports sound made up, as pretty much every one of themĀ restates narratives that have been around for month:Ā Sam in complete control,Ā Braun great at run blockingĀ but needs work on pass blocking,Ā Ingram bigger and faster,Ā KeondreĀ Coburn beasting, corners need to work on ball skills, blah blah ...

Only once in a blue moon is there the slightest tidbit of news, e.g. Roschon at RB.Ā 

• Like 2