Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

I stopped giving a fuck about Mookie the moment he de-commited and TOSU got involved. Now hearing he was kicked out of school just confirms it for me. I hope the kid gets his shit straight, a la Sheppard (who I believe got kicked out at one time), but we're still in on a lot of kids with his skill set.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I stopped giving a fuck about Mookie the moment he de-commited and TOSU got involved. Now hearing he was kicked out of school just confirms it for me. I hope the kid gets his shit straight, a la Sheppard (who I believe got kicked out at one time), but we're still in on a lot of kids with his skill set.  

Can JSN play the slot?

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Honestly, I don't know anything about the kid. I've seen he has a high composite, but maybe? I don't know if you were being facetious or not, so sorry if you were. 

I was being serious.  I know that slot receivers aren't very plentiful for 20, thought maybe you would know if JSN could play it the way we projected Mookie would when he was committed here.

I was being serious.  I know that slot receivers aren't very plentiful for 20, thought maybe you would know if JSN could play it the way we projected Mookie would when he was committed here.

I think LVBS is the best like-for-like replacement for Mookie. JSN could play the slot but the flip will get harder if the suspension puts ee or even qualification in jeopardy at tOSU for Mookie.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I went back and read some stuff and some people were saying he can play slot, so going by their better evaluation than mine, I would say yes.

23 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Can JSN play the slot?

Yes.  He played some slot for Rockwall though he mostly lined up outside at X.  I would guess they did so mostly to isolate their best athlete and to maximize the dislocation of the defense if they chose to double him.  JSN has excellent quickness, carries speed through his cuts and shows good hands in traffic - all things needed as an H-WR.  The first 2 characteristics are on display as he returns punts and weaving through traffic on tunnel screens.  JSN also looks pretty tough to bring down (at least at the HS level) which shows when Rockwall uses him as their Wildcat QB.

• Like 1

The last thing we need is another UGA CHEETZ!11!!! discussion... but, I would love to get some discussion going on whether or not the all out Deep South recruiting war will start to morph from a yearly sprinting competition to an attrition filled struggle akin to the Battle of the Somme.  Arik Gilbert is considered a lock, then came the Kelee Ringo saga (debatable lock, but close to it), Zach Evans, and now Darnell Washington picks rolling in.  Kirby is simply not a good enough coach to attract this number of national 5 stars by his own merits, or even those of his coaching staff.  CTJ's comments last month or so come to mind... Who do we see putting Kirby in place, if at all?

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is this an official visit for Ringo or something?

I beg you not to say my question has been answered in the last ten pages of this thread. You can't make me browse them again! I can't! I WON'T!

Dude, I'm not going to sit here and tell you to go back and read through 10 pages. 

I will tell you to try and keep up. 

• Like 1