Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

15 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

LotusHorn is a fake insider that straight makes everything up. The fact that Burton allows him to keep posting speaks to his professional integrity. Or lack thereof. 

Burton might as well allow a palm reader operate on his site because that is how truly deplorable it is to allow LotusHorn continue to pretend to have inside information. 

Lotushorn would be considered tame if you compare him to orangebloods list of insiders.  Dipshits

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nowhichski said:

Gotta say, 99% of practice reports sound made up, as pretty much every one of them restates narratives that have been around for month: Sam in complete control, Braun great at run blocking but needs work on pass blocking, Ingram bigger and faster, Keondre Coburn beasting, corners need to work on ball skills, blah blah ...

Only once in a blue moon is there the slightest tidbit of news, e.g. Roschon at RB. 

Yeah, all such player evaluations are bunk until the pads come on and there games are played. Sometimes it takes a few games before you know what you have. Duh.

The only thing that's newsworthy are the injury reports and actual depth charts... and I can pretty much get all of that from texassports.com. 

... and then restate those facts plus blather for $9.95/month

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

assuming he is an actual doctor he thinks he is going to be one of

1) DC

2) Podiatrist 

3) DDS

because seemingly every doctor hates those dudes.

Your forgot Naturopaths and Doctors of Chinese Medicine.

The only dentists I don't care for are the ones who have their faces on billboards with huge smiles showing off their blinding-white teeth. Fuck those guys, and gals. With the increase in age and diabetes rates, I've gained a new-found respect for DPMs. They take care of some truly grotesque foot infections that the orthopedists are more than happy to turf to them.

I have huge respect for veterinarians. They work very hard for relatively little pay. Plus, they have a much higher percentage of patient deaths than the typical human doctor. Difficult financially and emotionally.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

The only dentists I don't care for are the ones who have their faces on billboards with huge smiles showing off their blinding-white teeth. Fuck those guys, and gals. With the increase in age and diabetes rates, I've gained a new-found respect for DPMs. They take care of some truly grotesque foot infections that the orthopedists are more than happy to turf to them.

wait, those guys can have their MD or whatever in front of their name? Chris Pratt Mind Blown GIF by Omaze

glad to see DPMs get at least a little respect from you, too many orthos out there are worried podiatrists are going to be moving up to doing knee replacements soon (at least that is what you would think with how they act)

to be clear, only talking about DDS that are dentists only - and i forgot and left off the RN PHDs who want MDs or DOs to call them Dr - i have seen some DDS+Maxillofacial surgeons who were amazing at what they do and made bank as a result. 

39 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

I have huge respect for veterinarians. They work very hard for relatively little pay. Plus, they have a much higher percentage of patient deaths than the typical human doctor. Difficult financially and emotionally.

Anti-dentite 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

LotusHorn is a fake insider that straight makes everything up. The fact that Burton allows him to keep posting speaks to his professional integrity. Or lack thereof. 

Burton might as well allow a palm reader operate on his site because that is how truly deplorable it is to allow LotusHorn continue to pretend to have inside information. 

A palm reader looks at your hand.  Maybe LH does some kind of homemade tarot card reading.  

2 hours ago, NoName said:

wait, those guys can have their MD or whatever in front of their name? Chris Pratt Mind Blown GIF by Omaze

glad to see DPMs get at least a little respect from you, too many orthos out there are worried podiatrists are going to be moving up to doing knee replacements soon (at least that is what you would think with how they act)

to be clear, only talking about DDS that are dentists only - and i forgot and left off the RN PHDs who want MDs or DOs to call them Dr - i have seen some DDS+Maxillofacial surgeons who were amazing at what they do and made bank as a result. 

Oral Surgeons have very arduous training. The ones I’ve worked with did 4 years of dental school and then 6 years of combined medical school and residency. They have pretty good lives overall, but take care of serious injuries that no one else wants to deal with. Part of the problem is that bad facial injuries, just like bad hand injuries, tend to occur in patients without insurance or money and who are often unreliable in follow-up care.

I don’t know anything about DPMs moving up the leg above the ankle. I do know that I’d rather talk to them or an Oral Surgeon over many MDs that are on-call. 

As for my least favorite MDs (in general, certainly not every one is in this category), I’d place dermatologists and ophthalmologists. Psychiatrists are in their own special group.

2 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Oral Surgeons have very arduous training. The ones I’ve worked with did 4 years of dental school and then 6 years of combined medical school and residency. They have pretty good lives overall, but take care of serious injuries that no one else wants to deal with. Part of the problem is that bad facial injuries, just like bad hand injuries, tend to occur in patients without insurance or money and who are often unreliable in follow-up care.

I don’t know anything about DPMs moving up the leg above the ankle. I do know that I’d rather talk to them or an Oral Surgeon over many MDs that are on-call. 

As for my least favorite MDs (in general, certainly not every one is in this category), I’d place dermatologists and ophthalmologists. Psychiatrists are in their own special group.

Can we go back to airport talk?

• Like 2

Running backs are worth every scholarship that the university provides them. They are immensely popular with fans throughout Texas and they typically connect with teammates extremely well.  They may not always be the most durable players, but when healthy they are one of the most important positions on the team. Herman appears to be confident in their abilities when he sends them out on the field. 

Edited by Yev Kassem
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

Running backs are worth every scholarship that the university provides them. They are immensely popular with fans throughout Texas and they typically connect with teammates extremely well.  They may not always be the most durable players, but when healthy they are one of the most important positions on the team. Herman appears to be confident in their abilities when he sends them out on the field. 

In conclusion, running backs are a land of contrasts. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

charlie day ok GIF

19 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1