Texas O-line talk

Coach pop a bitch

There was a fair bit of "it ain't Holding, if the ref don't throw his flag" from our guys. That, and I think both times Bama was drawn offside at critical points came from a quick hand squeeze - the refs couldn't see any movement because there was none to be seen... except by the opposing DL.  About time, I say.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Kelvin Banks gave a little something there too. If Majors could have reached the end quicker for a cleaner block that’s a big hitter. That’s one of the toughest things a C gets asked to go so I’m not going to be overly critical of not doing better there.

Daniel Cruz is playing center for his high school team for the first time in his career to prepare him for college. He’s already pulling and getting second level after only 2 games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Remember when Colt got knocked on his ass after the whistle against OU and the linemen just stood there? That might be a good way for a defender to get his soul separated from his body at this point. 

I know I saw Ewers get popped a time or two late after handoffs early in the game. It didn’t happen at the end.

Lol how did he not get flagged for that? Looked like the play had been over and he shoved him across guys getting.

That’s the type of attitude OLinemen need.

Lol how did he not get flagged for that? Looked like the play had been over and he shoved him across guys getting.

That’s the type of attitude OLinemen need.

58 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That gif is unfortunately too low resolution to see how abrupt a movement it was. He had his hand fully open, then snapped it shut into a fist.

Question for folks better familiar with the rules: is this a penalty of caught? I've gone through them and since the ball doesn't move, it doesn't seem to technically be a penalty. But I wasn't sure if there was somewhere a general rule that the center can't trick the defense at all. 

54 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Question for folks better familiar with the rules: is this a penalty of caught? I've gone through them and since the ball doesn't move, it doesn't seem to technically be a penalty. But I wasn't sure if there was somewhere a general rule that the center can't trick the defense at all. 

Paging @Huckleberry

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It should have been called a false start if noticed by a ref. Rule 7-2-3 says it's a false start if

"3. A restricted lineman mov(es) their hands(s) or mak(es) any quick movement."

Subrule 4 also says any quick jerky movement is a false start. It was sneaky but ultimately illegal. 

You forgot to say “and fucking awesome.”

• Hook 'Em 3

That's a good point. I think restricted means with a hand on the ground, but the quick jerky movement rule still applies. Not to mention it was clearly intended to simulate the snap. Even if he knew it was illegal ahead of time it was well worth the risk there. If it works we win. If caught we punt and 95%+ win. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1