Has to be in the top 5 worst ways to go......

JimmyHoffa

Body found in former Bluffs store ID'd; man died there 7 years before it closed

The body of the man found in January inside the vacant No Frills Supermarket in Council Bluffs has been identified.

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation’s criminalistics lab identified the body as that of Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada, 25, of Council Bluffs. The lab was able to positively identify the body by analyzing DNA collected from Murillo’s parents, the Council Bluffs Police Department said Monday.

On Nov. 28, 2009, Murillo’s parents reported him missing after he became upset and ran out of their home, police said. At the time, Murillo worked at the No Frills at 1817 West Broadway.

Murillo’s body was found Jan. 24 by workers removing the former store’s shelves and coolers. An autopsy revealed no signs of trauma.

No Frills closed the West Broadway store in 2016.

Former No Frills employees said it was common for workers to be on top of the coolers, because the space was used for storage of goods. Investigators think Murillo went to the store after leaving his home and climbed on top of the coolers. He then fell into a gap of about 18 inches between the back of the cooler and a wall and became trapped.

https://www.omaha.com/news/metro/council-bluffs/body-found-in-former-bluffs-store-id-d-man-died/article_5e30d933-6ef1-545f-9e98-577472a6df8a.html

How long would it take before you pass out from the fear of knowing you were stuck, nobody could hear you, and you were just going to be there until you died? 

3 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

I guess this is why my parents told me to never hang out on top of coolers that are used for the storage of goods.

Maybe his Grandfather held him over the 18 inch gap between the cooler and the wall, and he slipped out of his hands?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Upside down guy trapped in a cave story easily tops the freezer guy story.

The ISIS and/or Mexican drug cartel videos round out the other 4 of the top 5. Chainsaws, fire, drowning hard to know what would be the worst.

I have a few ideas.  They don't cut off your airway or break your neck like large cats.  They just eat you.  Usually ass or stomach first.  While you are alive.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I have a few ideas.  They don't cut off your airway or break your neck like large cats.  They just eat you.  Usually ass or stomach first.  While you are alive.

giphy.gif

Eat alive? That bear just tryna fuck.

34 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

giphy.gif

I'd pay $100 to have a grizzly bear roll me around in a cube like that. It would be awesome.

3 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Upside down guy trapped in a cave story easily tops the freezer guy story.

The ISIS and/or Mexican drug cartel videos round out the other 4 of the top 5. Chainsaws, fire, drowning hard to know what would be the worst.

Death by bunga bunga.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, futureman said:

fucking shit never stops.  nobody wants to simply accept a tragic and unfortunate situation for what it is.  your son died.  nobody owes you money. 

Sadly it looks like the apple might not have fallen far from the tree-

"They closed the building," Murillo said. "The freezers weren't working anymore. So how can a body just be there?"

10 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Eighteen inches isn't exactly an off width crack. Shouldn't be too difficult to climb out unless you are a great big fat person or just get wedged in there funny and knocked out. 

I guess the warm dry air blowing out of the cooler turned him into human jerky?

I will defer to Vic on this. He's the expert on 18 inch cracks