Active Shooter - El Paso

Rip76

How in the world is this being portrayed as a cartel situation?  Because suddenly a bunch of trump voters in Alabama suddenly found their Rand-McNally atlas under their truck seat and saw where El Paso is?  

"Dammit JimmyRay...turns out we're right on the border too of someplace called 'Gulf of Mexico'!...get the guns...we gotta defend 'Murica!"  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, McCroskey said:

Of course I can comprehend how banning the sales of guns COULD reduce the problem.  The problem is that any educated person should also be able to comprehend how banning the sales of certain guns MIGHT NOT have the intended effect and/or cause other unwanted outcomes..and those MUST be considered.  This is not an easy thing to resolve, is all I'm saying.

You can't stay with one point for an hour.  Go back, read what you've written, connect the disconnects, and come back when you have a cogent argument.

24 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

When will address our homegrown terrorist issue??

Well, you see, some (one) cable news networks are trotting out guests tonight trying to link it to violent video games.   Sometime tomorrow, they will try and link it to Dungeons and Dragons (hopefully 4th edition rules) , and the next day, they will link it to a Ouiji board reading that went bad.  

No idea if this reporter is being led down a dead end by her source, but she's the first reporter I saw get LEO on record with Patrick Crusius' name this afternoon.

https://twitter.com/Anna_Giaritelli

Anna GiaritelliVerified account @Anna_Giaritelli 1h1 hour ago
According to my law enforcement source in El Paso (who gave me the apprehended shooter’s name and age): A 2nd suspect was killed when police responded to the Walmart shooting. Police have not disclosed this info yet. Mayor says otherwise but my source says 2nd suspect is dead.

There’s a reason the Walmart shooter in custody went to El Paso instead of carrying out the attack in his hometown in Allen, Texas ... I can’t share info yet but it’ll all make sense soon. There is a lot more to the story than what networks are reporting.

Might fit in with that earlier claim of 'gang related terrorism'.'  A white nationalist gang?
Edited by clapclapclap

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You fuck off. You spread nativist hate, you spread poison, and that poison is now actively killing people like me and my family.
You’re a fucking terrorist, straight up.

Fucking Christ on a Segway.  If that is your definition of terrorist practically everyone on social media today is a terrorist.  There are some pretty big differences between an asshole and a terrorist.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

No idea if this reporter is being led down a dead end by her source, but she's the first reporter I saw get LEO on record with Patrick Crusius' name this afternoon.

According to my law enforcement source in El Paso (who gave me the apprehended shooter’s name and age): A 2nd suspect was killed when police responded to the Walmart shooting. Police have not disclosed this info yet. Mayor says otherwise but my source says 2nd suspect is dead.

There’s a reason the Walmart shooter in custody went to El Paso instead of carrying out the attack in his hometown in Allen, Texas ... I can’t share info yet but it’ll all make sense soon. There is a lot more to the story than what networks are reporting.

Might fit in with that earlier claim of 'gang related terrorism'.'  A white nationalist gang?

Odds of the 2nd suspect being an innocent bystander?

2 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

If you don't watch any of the networks, how can you say they are the same? Who is the equivalent of Hannity or Tucker on CNN or MSNBC?

Don Lemon, Joy Reid, Lawrence O'Donnell, Joe Scarborough, Donnie Deutsch, Mika Brezinski, to start with.  A better question is who is the equivalent of Shepard Smith on CNN or MSNBC?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Thanks for proving my point dip shit.  The 20 dead really appreciate your feelings

How many guns did Timothy McVeigh use?  How many guns did the guy who burned down the anime studio in Japan use?  How many guns did the terrorists in Nice use?  The problem isn't too many guns.  The problem is too many people who just want to see the world burn.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Oh Fuck Off. You can't comprehend how banning the sales of semi-automatic weapons commonly used in these situations could reduce the problem? Really? One week after a guy shot up the garlic festival in Gilroy CA with a gun he purchased legally in NV (because its illegal to purchase in CA). Yet you can't envision any scenario where trying to take these sorts of weapons off the streets would alleviate the problem. You then actually hypothesize it would only amplify the problem. You may be fucking retarded and not just know it. 

People that don't want to kill other people are not going to be a problem whether they have guns or not.  People that do want to kill other people are going to be a problem whether they have guns or not.  It's not defective guns killing people.  It's defective people killing people.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

How many guns did Timothy McVeigh use?  How many guns did the guy who burned down the anime studio in Japan use?  How many guns did the terrorists in Nice use?  The problem isn't too many guns.  The problem is too many people who just want to see the world burn.

Your stupidity astounds.  The vast majority of these events happen with high-capacity rapid-fire semi-automatic weapons.  I'm sorry that you have a tiny dick, but that doesn't mean the rest of us need to fear for our lives when we enter a fucking Wal-Mart.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

37 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Sorry, I left out this tweet.  Socorro, NM is almost 200 miles north of the El Paso shooting: Edit:  Socorro, TX

Edited by clapclapclap

You're a cloak roomer. You came here to hide from the consequences of supporting white nationalism, the degradation of American institutions, and the inhumane sometimes murderous treatment of non-whites.
No more polite boundaries for fucks like you. This is a white nationalist crime. That's at least political.
You want pinky fingers extended for polite discussion. That's because you can get away with sophistry more easily in the presence of the polite. 
Scurry for another shadow when things look bad. The light will follow.
Oh, and fuck you.

Fuck. YES.
Gun or no gun. This loser would have just worn an explosive vest or made a bomb. 
Murderers kill people. Fuck this piece of shit and Iets hope those who lost their lives did so quickly and with as little pain as possible. 

Fuck off, you gutless piece of shit. Pieces of shit incite this shit. You’re fucking guilty.
Fucking Christ on a Segway.  If that is your definition of terrorist practically everyone on social media today is a terrorist.  There are some pretty big differences between an asshole and a terrorist.

There might be, but you fall on the terrorist side. You don’t get to spend your fucking life demonizing brown people, cheering on talking heads and political leaders who warn against “losing our culture and way of life” and claim absolution. You are an active supporter of terrorist ideology. And you fucking know it. You fucking know it. Go to fucking hell, as fast as possible.
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Your stupidity astounds.  The vast majority of these events happen with high-capacity rapid-fire semi-automatic weapons.  I'm sorry that you have a tiny dick, but that doesn't mean the rest of us need to fear for our lives when we enter a fucking Wal-Mart.

There is no doubt that I am not the biggest dick here.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck. YES.

Fuck off, you gutless piece of shit. Pieces of shit incite this shit. You’re fucking guilty.

There might be, but you fall on the terrorist side. You don’t get to spend your fucking life demonizing brown people, cheering on talking heads and political leaders who warn against “losing our culture and way of life” and claim absolution. You are an active supporter of terrorist ideology. And you fucking know it. You fucking know it. Go to fucking hell, as fast as possible.

God damn dude.  Take a fucking break.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck. YES.

You are absolutely insane.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

God damn dude.  Take a fucking break.

Fuck off. Go be a member of an Ethnicity demonized by the entire ruling party which then gets slaughtered at a Walmart. Wait, I guess that’s still just gonna be us beaners.
You are absolutely insane.

Says the man who supports white nationalist terrorism. I don’t support an ethos and campaign of racism and hate that inevitably - INEVITABLY - THIS IS WHAT WE TOLD YOU FUCKERS WOULD HAPPEN - leads to mass murder and extermination. I think that pieces of shit like you are fucking evil.
That’s the only sane point of view in this goddamned country right now.
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

People that don't want to kill other people are not going to be a problem whether they have guns or not.  People that do want to kill other people are going to be a problem whether they have guns or not.  It's not defective guns killing people.  It's defective people killing people.

Then I can presume you are completely in favor of fully automatic weapons, bazookas, anti aircraft missiles and chemical weapons being legal for purchase. If I am incorrect, please explain why would you oppose those items being owned by people that "dont want to kill people**."

**presumably at the time of purchase.

10 minutes ago, Xian said:

Why are people so fucking angry in life?  I just can’t fathom it 

I’ve been in deep depression before, and used to have anger issues. It just totally destroys your rationality & how you view yourself and surroundings.

Edited by Helobious

33 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Don Lemon, Joy Reid, Lawrence O'Donnell, Joe Scarborough, Donnie Deutsch, Mika Brezinski, to start with.  A better question is who is the equivalent of Shepard Smith on CNN or MSNBC?

Fuck off with this absolute utter bullshit. None of those people called Iraqi people monkeys. As usual you are full of shit.

• Like 2

Reading this article again. Unfortunately it is still relevant.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2018/12/03/the-white-supremacy-surge/

There’s something else at work also — a poison within the broader conservative movement. Hatred for political correctness has yielded an unhealthy fascination with and admiration for pure defiance. Young voices pride themselves on fearlessness and place attitude over thought in their words and deeds. They troll online and at school to “trigger the libs,” and nothing triggers the libs more than defiance on matters of race.

15 minutes ago, Xian said:

Why are people so fucking angry in life?  I just can’t fathom it 

Are you asking about the shooter or Brisket/Jimmyjazz/JimmyJames/Cloak Roomers?  CR spends all day every day yelling and seething about how unfathomably evil their political opponents are.  @immamac might be wise to worry that it is an 8chan brewing over there.  Is he going to let them poison the rest of the board like they have CR and this thread?

While we are at it, can we get a list of who gives out the most negs?  That seems to be a favorite tactic of keeping CR 'pure'.  I bet 15 or the top 20 are CR regulars, and most of the crowd source bannings involve the CR.  A lot of angry types lashing out.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 6
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Are you asking about the shooter or Brisket/Jimmyjazz/JimmyJames/Cloak Roomers?  CR spends all day every day yelling and seething about how unfathomably evil their political opponents are.  @immamac might be wise to worry that it is an 8chan brewing over there.  Is he going to let them poison the rest of the board like they have CR?

This

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

McVeigh helped cause Columbine so congrats?

When I visited Ethiopia, I observed armed private guards at the doors of many banks and businesses. Often carrying automatic weapons (AK47).

When I took my girls to the mall, there was a metal detector AND a pat down in order to enter.

That's what we are headed to, folks.

very sorry to see this my friends. very sorry. its sickening.

this thread is the usual as well. social media really has eliminated any form of common ground and improved communication.  pretty amazing how shootings in the US are either because of guns or because of mental health. it can't possibly be both. and the band marches on. try typing LOUDER MAYBE? 

one of the very real issues is that communication isn't happening. and further, compassion and understanding seems to be going the way of the dodo. lots of you guys are right - this will wash over and the US will move on. it will happen again, rinse and repeat. i would venture to say the US isn't even really a society anymore so much as its a collection of people looking the other way and caring about numero uno only. and you have a POTUS that fully resembles that remark. full cloak? or is it? hard to tell sometimes. it  just is what it is i guess. 

RIP to the poor folks today. it makes me sick to my stomach. 

Edited by staboner
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

You should probably go ahead and sit this one out.

This was five days ago from [checks notes] The Washington National Cathedral:

https://cathedral.org/press-room/have-we-no-decency-a-response-to-president-trump/

The escalation of racialized rhetoric from the President of the United States has evoked responses from all sides of the political spectrum. On one side, African American leaders have led the way in rightfully expressing outrage. On the other, those aligned with the President seek to downplay the racial overtones of his attacks, or remain silent.

As faith leaders who serve at Washington National Cathedral ¬– the sacred space where America gathers at moments of national significance – we feel compelled to ask: After two years of President Trump’s words and actions, when will Americans have enough?

As Americans, we have had such moments before, and as a people we have acted. Events of the last week call to mind a similarly dark period in our history:

“Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. … You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?”

That was U.S. Army attorney Joseph Welch on June 9, 1954, when he confronted Senator Joseph McCarthy before a live television audience, effectively ending McCarthy’s notorious hold on the nation. Until then, under the guise of ridding the country of Communist infiltration, McCarthy had free rein to say and do whatever he wished. With unbridled speech, he stoked the fears of an anxious nation with lies; destroyed the careers of countless Americans; and bullied into submissive silence anyone who dared criticize him.

In retrospect, it’s clear that Welch’s question was directed less toward McCarthy and more to the nation as a whole. Had Americans had enough? Where was our sense of decency?

We have come to accept a level of insult and abuse in political discourse that violates each person’s sacred identity as a child of God. We have come to accept as normal a steady stream of language and accusations coming from the highest office in the land that plays to racist elements in society.

This week, President Trump crossed another threshold. Not only did he insult a leader in the fight for racial justice and equality for all persons; not only did he savage the nations from which immigrants to this country have come; but now he has condemned the residents of an entire American city. Where will he go from here?

Make no mistake about it, words matter. And, Mr. Trump’s words are dangerous.

These words are more than a “dog-whistle.” When such violent dehumanizing words come from the President of the United States, they are a clarion call, and give cover, to white supremacists who consider people of color a sub-human “infestation” in America. They serve as a call to action from those people to keep America great by ridding it of such infestation. Violent words lead to violent actions.

When does silence become complicity? What will it take for us all to say, with one voice, that we have had enough? The question is less about the president’s sense of decency, but of ours.

As leaders of faith who believe in the sacredness of every single human being, the time for silence is over. We must boldly stand witness against the bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and xenophobia that is hurled at us, especially when it comes from the highest offices of this nation. We must say that this will not be tolerated. To stay silent in the face of such rhetoric is for us to tacitly condone the violence of these words. We are compelled to take every opportunity to oppose the indecency and dehumanization that is racism, whether it comes to us through words or actions.

There is another moment in our history worth recalling. On January 21, 2017, Washington National Cathedral hosted an interfaith national prayer service, a sacred tradition to honor the peaceful transfer of political power. We prayed for the President and his young Administration to have “wisdom and grace in the exercise of their duties that they may serve all people of this nation, and promote the dignity and freedom of every person.”

That remains our prayer today for us all.

I suspect El Paso will be exactly the same, and in short order.  A year from now there will be a memorial service and moments of silence.  5 years from now there will be a blurb on the news.  10 years from now only victims families will remember.

Btw, walk around telling people that we're in some kind of low grade civil war between the forces of white nationalism and some greater, enlightened society ( or insert woke term here) and about 85% of Americans will look at you like there's a horn growing out of your head.  As they should. At some point the left might, maybe(hell, who am I kidding?)  realize that the way to combat batshit craziness in the WH is not to try and out batshit it by an order of magnitude.

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck. YES.

I've followed this board for years. You have turned into everything you rail against. You're a hateful, racist, sad man.  

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 23

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said: