Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

3 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Is my wife the only one who starts a load of clothes in the washer and then forgets to move them to the dryer?

Is your wife the only one who doesn't do much of anything after getting home from work & then starts a load maybe 30 minutes before she goes to sleep & expects you to stay up long enough to make certain they get completely dry & taken out, then laid in a "non-wrinkly" fashion?

3 hours ago, miguelito said:

It turns out wrinkle-free clothes can indeed wrinkle if you leave them in the dryer for a few days. 

It also turns out clothes will apparently not wrinkle while sitting in the dryer for a day or two, but if you take them OUT of the dryer & don't lay them out in a "non-wrinkly" fashion, that apparently makes them wrinkle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Is my wife the only one who starts a load of clothes in the washer and then forgets to move them to the dryer?

90% chance my wife will either forget about a wet load in the washer which results in a re-wash or puts the load in the dryer and forgets to turn it on.

8% chance she’ll complete load successfully and with my help to tell her she has a load in the washer that needs to be hung or transferred to dryer

2% chance she does full cycle with zero hiccups

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

A while back the wife prepaid for a years worth of probiotics where they mail you a new bottle every two weeks. I told her not to, but it was such a good deal. Guess what I just found...

054fb21ebf356956b6b242a7f57f28db.jpg

I like how they were hidden in a box similar to me as a kid when I shit my underwear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

A while back the wife prepaid for a years worth of probiotics where they mail you a new bottle every two weeks. I told her not to, but it was such a good deal. Guess what I just found...

You looking to get rid of those? I take probiotics. 

12 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Well that they are much better than the amateurbiotics...

• Hook 'Em 1

Doing a roof with associated work for a friend, job is in Georgetown (in addition to the roof, it has a chimney rebuild w/ fiber cement, remove fascia & add new fiber cement).

Start date for 6 days from now had been communicated w/ crew.

For some reason, the guys started the siding portions today.

Same guys that did the roof for[mention=436]Felix[/mention] around 1 month ago.

Anyhow...

I added the [ 1. 2. ] for Shag² viewers, the other stuff is what I scribbled on screenshots I sent to her.

Can y'all guess why my last response was in quotes?

f94bd2b7fc0a77bc3bbe9d4d2fe51481.jpg

08290869a34e8f2ed829a58bb2b5bdf4.jpg

0a9ac4b89c7a4a699a47b956e98b25a4.jpg

d108e58d30ae9c2de1f4df3e0e853528.jpg

3d20f54e3a49e7d37d22ac355d60fa16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I still haven’t told her I found her stash.  Thinking I might keep it in my back pocket until she tries to sell me on her next “great deal”.

Bold move.  You know those probiotics are still set on an automatic 2 week delivery and autopay, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Bold move.  You know those probiotics are still set on an automatic 2 week delivery and autopay, right?

She told me she prepaid for it up front, but it’s on her credit card so not much I can do there.  But yeah I bet it’s on autopay because why wouldn’t it be.

19 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I can top that.  My wife routinely loads the washer, puts in the soap, leaves the lid open, and walks away.  I usually start the load when I go in to check to see if it's ready for the dryer.

• Hook 'Em 2

Recent text exchange:

Wife:  Grades come out today can you look online please

Me: Will do.

Wife:  He better have gotten all As and Bs.  Tell him I'm serious about this stuff.

A few hours pass, grades finally come online.

Me:  All As and Bs

Wife:  What were the Bs? He's slacking.

Me:  Relax, he's fine.  FYI he said you're on his back too much and need to trust him.

Wife: What?  What did you say to him?

Me: Scroll up.  I did what you asked me to.

Wife:  Remember last week when I asked you to be point person on grades so I'm not the bad guy!

Me.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

22 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

She told me she prepaid for it up front, but it’s on her credit card so not much I can do there.  But yeah I bet it’s on autopay because why wouldn’t it be.

Don't forget it is also set to auto renew every year.  You're going to look back 10 years from now and realize you could have retired much sooner.  

Edit - and to add my own fun, I just found trashed 3 unopened bottles of parmesan cheese last night.  This after about 10 other bottles a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure if these were essential items for a hurricane or for the covid apocalypse.  We do at least have plenty of room in the pantry for the next crisis (several large trash bags for yard work were filled and disposed of).

Edited by UT_OB1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Don't forget it is also set to auto renew every year.  You're going to look back 10 years from now and realize you could have retired much sooner.  

Edit - and to add my own fun, I just found trashed 3 unopened bottles of parmesan cheese last night.  This after about 10 other bottles a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure if these were essential items for a hurricane or for the covid apocalypse.  We do at least have plenty of room in the pantry for the next crisis (several large trash bags for yard work were filled and disposed of).

Wife buys lots of shit we already have to mask all the wine she’s really at HEB for 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

90% chance my wife will either forget about a wet load in the washer which results in a re-wash or puts the load in the dryer and forgets to turn it on.

8% chance she’ll complete load successfully and with my help to tell her she has a load in the washer that needs to be hung or transferred to dryer

2% chance she does full cycle with zero hiccups

There’s a 100% I complete my load joke in here somewhere...