Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

In my hs in 1986 it most certainly was not.

Amen.  Class of '86, a members only jacket was a ticket to paradise.

Edit:  Well, it got you in the door, anyway.  You still had to do some work to get to the payoff.  

Edited by nnm

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Cool,

I checked it years ago but do not remember what the value was then and of course have no idea what it would be now. But the paint is nearly 100%, even on the blade still has the original rubber tracks on it which are in like new condition.

Es un chiste de "Pón Stars"

It was the Knight Rider style, not the Smokey and the Bandit style. 1982 model. Pretty much the all time low of GM engineering. I think it had 165 hp. So no, there wasn’t a little more juice. There was barely any juice at all.

The Pioneer 6x9s made Iron Maiden sound pretty good though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

It was the Knight Rider style, not the Smokey and the Bandit style. 1982 model. Pretty much the all time low of GM engineering. I think it had 165 hp. So no, there wasn’t a little more juice. There was barely any juice at all.

Yeah, I had a 1983 Mustang with a four banger, four speed stick shift. A pinto almost certainly had more hp. I bought it in NM, where I didn’t need A/C, and in the fall of 1986, moved to Texas, where I did. I had the 2/60 AC model until 1994. 
Not much of a Maiden fan, but I’d crank up the DLR Van Halen on my JVCs. Cassette years. 
edit:  just looked it up. I think my lawnmower has more hp.

2.3L 4-Cyl. 88 hp @ 4,800 RPM 118 lb-ft @ 2,800 RPM
Edited by nnm
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

Yeah, I had a 1983 Mustang with a four banger, four speed stick shift. A pinto almost certainly had more hp. I bought it in NM, where I didn’t need A/C, and in the fall of 1986, moved to Texas, where I did. I had the 2/60 AC model until 1994. 
Not much of a Maiden fan, but I’d crank up the DLR Van Halen on my JVCs. Cassette years. 

Jeez.  I think a smart car has more HP than that. 

29 minutes ago, nnm said:

I'd "rage rep" that HP post, but I don't wanna neg you.  Wish we had a way to "dislike" without dinging.

Terribad HP.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Triaxial???!!!

Not really, the laundry room is the first thing you come into from one of the garage entry doors.  That particular day,, someone didn't get the dryer closed all the way as I opened the garage entry door the two clashed I stumbled in.  It wasn't an issue until it involved me getting tangled up.  I'm not a mind reader, if no one tells me it's an issue then I don't know.  Have you ever tried to read a woman's mind?  To make it worse, I married aggy.  Furk me.

55 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Not really, the laundry room is the first thing you come into from one of the garage entry doors.  That particular day,, someone didn't get the dryer closed all the way as I opened the garage entry door the two clashed I stumbled in.  It wasn't an issue until it involved me getting tangled up.  I'm not a mind reader, if no one tells me it's an issue then I don't know.  Have you ever tried to read a woman's mind?  To make it worse, I married aggy.  Furk me.

Should be an easy read then

God bless her she's 7 mos. so the kid is zapping her brain but....

h:  I need some of that soft stuff to put on the bottom of this so it won't scratch the counter

m:  Soft stuff?

h: You know that stuff that is sticky on one side.....OH! Lint!  I need some lint!

m: Lint?

h: Yeah do we have any of that?

m: I think you mean felt.

h: yeah that's what I meant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Bump. I spent my birthday painting this bedroom today, as we are selling the house and she's all "I can't paint the room I'm pregnant". TOUCHE WIFE. Also the obvious gun to my head back and forth with the realtor to convince my wife that yes it would be better to sell the house without a weird harry potter dungeon. "Hey just wanted to get your opinion on how we should prioritize our time staging the house - should we go ahead and put the effort into painting the guest bedroom?"

image.thumb.png.ee7b4a007ffc3a189a48411c9cc18b03.png

image.thumb.png.e733dd1a9b61460255d507a2bde2197b.png

"Oh I'm so conflicted it's very fun but I think buyers will appreciate a more neutral approach in that room"

Which translates to "Get rid of that shit or you can find a new realtor for the house"

7 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

h:  I need some of that soft stuff to put on the bottom of this so it won't scratch the counter

h: You know that stuff that is sticky on one side.....OH! Lint!  I need some lint!

Opportunity to really go over the top, you shoulda changed gears and said "I don't need a mint". Kept the game going, somewhere down the line you'd be "where wolf",  "there wolf".

• Hook 'Em 1

Bump. I spent my birthday painting this bedroom today, as we are selling the house and she's all "I can't paint the room I'm pregnant". TOUCHE WIFE. Also the obvious gun to my head back and forth with the realtor to convince my wife that yes it would be better to sell the house without a weird harry potter dungeon. "Hey just wanted to get your opinion on how we should prioritize our time staging the house - should we go ahead and put the effort into painting the guest bedroom?"image.thumb.png.ee7b4a007ffc3a189a48411c9cc18b03.png

image.thumb.png.e733dd1a9b61460255d507a2bde2197b.png

"Oh I'm so conflicted it's very fun but I think buyers will appreciate a more neutral approach in that room"

I’ve always been fascinated with your hogwarts themed guest room and I’ve only seen the first Harry Potter.

Have your realtor wear a Gryfindore T-shirt to give the showings some flavor.

Those lights, lmfao

On 10/4/2020 at 12:16 AM, mulletpelini said:

Missed opportunity.  When she said she needs lint, you should have walked to the dryer and pulled some out of the lint screen and handed it to her.

We have an hallway closet my wife calls "the gift closet".  When we had our first child 9 years ago, she decided it would be a good idea to buy about 20 presents for various ages and both genders because of all of the birthday parties we were going to be invited to, and "this will just be easier than having to worry about buying a present each time."  We have 3 boys now, have been to countless birthday parties, and I can think of exactly one present that has been used.  Every time I suggest using a gift from the closet, there some reason why it won't work.  It's been 9 years, and we literally still have those same presents she bought all those years ago.

Hits close to home. On the plus side, toys in their original packing can be super valuable. You just need another 20 or so years and you’ll be golden!
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Is my wife the only one who starts a load of clothes in the washer and then forgets to move them to the dryer?

Does she wash them again, or does she just move them to the dryer like a day later which makes them smell mildewy?

Guess which one my wife does...

• Like 1