Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

57 minutes ago, tigol said:

In your defense, only the real nut job females post here.  You gotta be fucked in the head to hang out with you fellas.

I am not an expert but this brings up an interesting question to me.

As I understand the interwebs, message board sites are largely populated by Boomers, GenX and Millennials.  Every one I have participated on have been 95% plus male.

Is there a genre of message boards that are female dominated?

If not what is the reason for the message board demographics and lack of counter points for females?

There certainly is a stereotypical “locker room” type aura on message boards so thick skin is required(really for anyone male or female).

NOT looking for a psychoanalysis of Surly or a gender slap fight.  

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

As I understand the interwebs, message board sites are largely populated by Boomers, GenX and Millennials.  Every one I have participated on have been 95% plus male.

weddingwire.com is all females. Cousin used that website for wedding ideas and tips about catering and shit. 

17 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Does anyone else’s family have this weirdly possessive concept of food?

In my family such a thing would’ve been totally alien. Anything edible in the house is game for everyone. If anything, kids have first priority, adults last.

In wife’s family there’s this person’s soup and that person’s chicken and his snack and her beverage and so on. 

Never have they ever denied one another the food — but you must first ask. 

If there’s a bag of chips on the table and you want to eat it, “hey did you ask so and so if you can eat their chips?”  WTF. 

In our house it's coffee cups. She gets extremely upset if I grab one of "her" cups.

If not what is the reason for the message board demographics and lack of counter points for females?

There certainly is a stereotypical “locker room” type aura on message boards so thick skin is required(really for anyone male or female).

The gossip bakery. It's women bitching about social media influencers. 

It appears that one of the most interesting ones I knew, Stripperweb, is no more. It was a site where strippers would post suggestions and experiences dancing. Most of it seemed to focus on how to get the most money out of a man for the longest amount of time. And how to convince them that it was true interest/love and not about the money. Spoiler: it was all about the money.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

The gossip bakery. It's women bitching about social media influencers. 

this one looks sort of a female version of the message boards I have used.  The wedding one appears very focused on weddings, not much "other/general" threads.

interesting.

18 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Tonight she asked if she could drink “one of [my] cokes”

It must be subconscious and reflexive to have to ask that.

I reminded her that for the 50th time, she doesnt have to ask. Theres 12 more in the pantry, and we have 3 grocery stores across the street.  There is no such thing as “my coke”. 

I buy certain items that I take to work for breakfast and lunch. I get pretty pissed if I go to pack my lunch in the morning and I don't have my breakfast/lunch because some inconsiderate ass thought it was ok to eat that stuff that they were specifically told not to eat. Now you have fucked with my routine and I am not happy. We have a kitchen full of lots of things to eat, don't touch these 1-2 items. It's not hard.

But my kids are grown and moved out, so this doesn't happen anymore.

Close to 10 years of marriage, 2 kids, sometimes working 2 extra jobs so she can spend more time with the kids, and little shit like making sure her vehicle always has gas but I've been told that peeling an orange for her is a sign of love.

We don't argue very often, but I came close to telling her to GFY.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Close to 10 years of marriage, 2 kids, sometimes working 2 extra jobs so she can spend more time with the kids, and little shit like making sure her vehicle always has gas but I've been told that peeling an orange for her is a sign of love.

My current working theory is that the second time around when her ex is/was a total cocksucker asshole MIGHT result in her being somewhat more realistic and appreciative of shit like this.

Probably not because laws of gender physics, but I’m going to try anyway.

Also, any food that comes into the house is fair game. Unless someone claims it publicly. Then keep your grubby paws off.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Tonight she asked if she could drink “one of [my] cokes”
It must be subconscious and reflexive to have to ask that.
I reminded her that for the 50th time, she doesnt have to ask. Theres 12 more in the pantry, and we have 3 grocery stores across the street.  There is no such thing as “my coke”. 

fe8faff84fd37cfcc7115fbc6bcb174f.jpg

Sure Elliot- whatever you say.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Crapinon said:

In our house it's coffee cups. She gets extremely upset if I grab one of "her" cups.

After identifying with 5280’s wife yesterday and your wife today, I had to check and make sure my hog leg was still down there.  It is. 
Those coffee mugs weren’t selected and purchased by mistake.  Anything else in the cabinet is community property. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

During the cold snap last week my wife opened up all the cabinets in our bathrooms.  All of which are on interior walls with rooms on the other side.  Also the kitchen faucet cabinets.  Which are on an island.  At this point in life I decided fuck it, it’s not hurting anything so I kept my mouth shut.  Pick your battles.

My husband did this as well. I let it go.

Better to overdo it, I suppose. It’s better than him not giving a shit.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

My best guess would be Insta.

Or r/perimenopause
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tigol said:

My husband did this as well. I let it go.

Better to overdo it, I suppose. It’s better than him not giving a shit.

My wife decided she just HAD to blast the space heater into the laundry room, since that wall faces north. But then she also turned on the air fryer and used the microwave at the same time and popped the breaker.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Tangential to the opening of interior cabinets.

Disclosure: Not a structural engineer.

The wife filled the comically oversized tub in our second floor master bathroom for "emergency purposes" and left it full for over a week.  About day 2 I commented that I wasn't sure the structure of the house was engineered for that kind of constant loading.  In the ensuing argument I of course lost to her utter certainty that we couldn't flush the toilets/brush teeth/whatever with the 3 cases of Costco 33oz PH enhanced water that must be in the pantry at all times.

Tub drained yesterday and this morning there is a noticeable squeak in the bathroom floor.  I will happily embrace death if I crash through the second floor Money Pit style in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Tangential to the opening of interior cabinets.

Disclosure: Not a structural engineer.

The wife filled the comically oversized tub in our second floor master bathroom for "emergency purposes" and left it full for over a week.  About day 2 I commented that I wasn't sure the structure of the house was engineered for that kind of constant loading.  In the ensuing argument I of course lost to her utter certainty that we couldn't flush the toilets/brush teeth/whatever with the 3 cases of Costco 33oz PH enhanced water that must be in the pantry at all times.

Tub drained yesterday and this morning there is a noticeable squeak in the bathroom floor.  I will happily embrace death if I crash through the second floor Money Pit style in the not too distant future.

Static load is static load. Whether it occurs over the course of one week, or 1/2 hour at a time once a day for the next however long makes no difference on the fatigue of the structural members. 

but it won’t fatigue at all unless your house wasn’t built for the correct load anyway, in which case you were fucked regardless. 

if the squeak truly is new my guess is a weeks worth of humidity made something swell. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, drt said:

if the squeak truly is new my guess is a weeks worth of humidity made something swell. 

I did internally consider if I was sub-consciously looking for an issue or not.  Shook my head and moved on.  

If I stop posting you will know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Shit you do out of the house and away from her vision doesn't count, you know that.

When my kids were preschool and my then wife stayed home with the kids, I always got up every weekday well before anyone else, quietly showered and left for the day.  Every weekend I was told it's my turn to get up with the kids, because she just did it all week, needs to sleep in, and it's my turn to carry some weight for a change.

I mean, I didn't mind, as I wanted to see the kids and I did get an extra hour of sleep from when I normally got up, but her logic was perplexing.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wife's family does this.   None of them will finish anything because they think it's rude.  So I'm always finding chip bags with nothing but crumbs in it, a cracker sleeve with one cracker, ice cream tubs with one spoonful left, etc. 

It's fucking maddening.  I've leaned into it finally, and when I'm at their place for the holidays, I walk around finishing off all those things so that they can finally throw the bags away.

We did it so we cold honestly claim we did not "finish" xyz, or did not "eat the last" xyz.   Mom always asked those questions and we wanted deniability.  I don't do that now, but my wife saw it in action when my parents were alive.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Shit you do out of the house and away from her vision doesn't count, you know that.

When my kids were preschool and my then wife stayed home with the kids, I always got up every weekday well before anyone else, quietly showered and left for the day.  Every weekend I was told it's my turn to get up with the kids, because she just did it all week, needs to sleep in, and it's my turn to carry some weight for a change.

I mean, I didn't mind, as I wanted to see the kids and I did get an extra hour of sleep from when I normally got up, but her logic was perplexing.

I had the same thing when my kids were little, with a twist.  She took a part-time job in the evening at a bookstore. So, either A) I would come home from work and she would leave for work, making the kids my responsibility or B) I would come home from work and she would make the kids my responsibility because she needed some "time off".

I once asked when my "time off" was and she said I got to go to work all day and not deal with customers and go to lunch with colleagues.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Wife's family does this.   None of them will finish anything because they think it's rude.  So I'm always finding chip bags with nothing but crumbs in it, a cracker sleeve with one cracker, ice cream tubs with one spoonful left, etc. 

It's fucking maddening.  I've leaned into it finally, and when I'm at their place for the holidays, I walk around finishing off all those things so that they can finally throw the bags away.

Every time I'm at my mom's house I wind up throwing shit away that's just sitting on the counter or doesn't need to be in the fridge anymore. I try and bring attention to it by asking "Hey - do y'all still need this half full cup of Dr. Pepper from last night? Can we throw that away?"

Or - the best - is the glasses that belong in the dishwasher (or the sink at least) just sitting there with liquid in them. If you're done with your coffee or soda or milk or whatever, and have managed to get it all the way to the counter by the sink, can we maybe at least pour the contents out even if we don't want to clean it right then and there? 

I don't live there so it doesn't annoy me at all but it's funny and I sort of wonder what it would devolve into were I not coming by every few days. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I did this with my ex-wife and she just screamed that I only left early to get out of my responsibilities as a parent. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Sandman said:

I did this with my ex-wife and she just screamed that I only left early to get out of my responsibilities as a parent. 

I had a prof who always had 8am classes and one day I asked him why.  He said that it "relieved him of having to share in the responsibilities of getting his kids ready for school."  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I had a prof who always had 8am classes and one day I asked him why.  He said that it "relieved him of having to share in the responsibilities of getting his kids ready for school."  

But when I asked her why it was ok for her to go out drinking with her friends on the weekend while I had to stay home, she just ignored me. But God forbid I want to play golf on a saturday morning. Fuck I hate her.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sandman said:

But when I asked her why it was ok for her to go out drinking with her friends on the weekend while I had to stay home, she just ignored me. But God forbid I want to play golf on a saturday morning. Fuck I hate her.

Damn, my wife, somehow, has been living a double life.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Nextdoor…….. It’s loaded with Karens.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Every time I'm at my mom's house I wind up throwing shit away that's just sitting on the counter or doesn't need to be in the fridge anymore. I try and bring attention to it by asking "Hey - do y'all still need this half full cup of Dr. Pepper from last night? Can we throw that away?"

Or - the best - is the glasses that belong in the dishwasher (or the sink at least) just sitting there with liquid in them. If you're done with your coffee or soda or milk or whatever, and have managed to get it all the way to the counter by the sink, can we maybe at least pour the contents out even if we don't want to clean it right then and there? 

I don't live there so it doesn't annoy me at all but it's funny and I sort of wonder what it would devolve into were I not coming by every few days. 

You better not be giving your mother lip like that.  She brought you into this world . . . she can take you out.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I had the same thing when my kids were little, with a twist.  She took a part-time job in the evening at a bookstore. So, either A) I would come home from work and she would leave for work, making the kids my responsibility or B) I would come home from work and she would make the kids my responsibility because she needed some "time off".

I once asked when my "time off" was and she said I got to go to work all day and not deal with customers and go to lunch with colleagues.

She has people skills; she deals with the goddamn customers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

I am on the way to the gym by 4:45  and then back by 7:15 to take care of breakfast so that she can stay in bed. She thinks I am getting away with something every time she has to bridge the gap or stir some chocolate milk before 7:15. Maddening. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

But God forbid I want to play golf on a Saturday morning. Fuck I hate her.

“That's funny, my next wife loves it when I go play golf (or go fishing) on Saturday”

And just stare at her, unblinking.

Boundaries, my good man. The key to a good 2nd marriage.

I'm not having a 3rd. Too old to train a new one.

I paid my dues, though.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Y'know how you are @ a restaurant & you & her decide to try each other's food?

Well, if you swap forks as a part of this sharing then FFS you had better give back HER [fork / spoon], whatevs.

The randomness of the universe put THAT SPECIFIC & EXACT utensil under her exclusive dominion for the duration of the time spent at THAT table & Fuck You Very Much if you think you're gonna take HER [spoon / fork].

¹these same rules apply when dining @ home, her parents, etc.
²I like to piss her off by occasionally making a quick hide under the table & clanging them around so she won't know which is which.

I wind up throwing away shit that's just sitting on the counter or doesn't need to be in the fridge anymore.
I ask "Hey - do we still need this half full cup of Dr. Pepper from last night? Can we throw that away?"
Or - the best - "the glasses that belong in the dishwasher (or the sink at least) just sitting there with liquid in them... ?"

Response: "How about you just deal with YOUR crap & leave my stuff alone?"

Me: "Well, I can't actually GET to "my crap" with all of your ancient & derelict stuff that's packed in front of "my crap"."

Same goes for all the odd baking products in the pantry that she got interested in for a hot second & is now scattered across various shelves & seems to closely resemble packages of croutons, light brown sugar or bacon bits... but isn't (& you DAMN SURE better not throw out any of her expired stuff!).
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

“That's funny, my next wife loves it when I go play golf (or go fishing) on Saturday”

And just stare at her, unblinking.

Boundaries, my good man. The key to a good 2nd marriage.

I'm not having a 3rd. Too old to train a new one.

I paid my dues, though.

Oh, these types of interactions are 15+ years ago. I haven't spoken to the bitch in over 3 years.

My current wife encourages me to go do shit with my friends. Amazing what marrying a normal person can do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Oh, these types of interactions are 15+ years ago. I haven't spoken to the bitch in over 3 years.

My current wife encourages me to go do shit with my friends. Amazing what marrying a normal person can do.

My ex was single for a long time.  She had a full time nanny so did things pretty much whenever she wanted.  It took some huge changes from her to understand that while I will pretty much never say no to her, just talk to me about it first so we can make sure plans align, and look at the calendar because it's all on there.  

About once a week I do enjoy fucking with her and making her feel like I am upset she's hanging with her friends.  For two reasons 1.  She always has a "so the girls wanted to do xyz" instead of just saying what it is and what she wants and 2. Because she always comes to me thinking I'll be upset and I never am. 

I think good partners want their partner to have fun and enjoy life.  I'm a homebody, but doesn't mean I won't go along or let her go somewhere without me.  

I do always find it funny when she starts "Do you want to" which the answer is pretty much no.  But usually she catches herself and restarts with "Can we go" or "Will you go with me". 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Wife refused to ride in my new car until yesterday. Didn't like the color. Didn't like the new car smell.

Today, she's absconded with it, left me with her dirty ass Honda Fit.

Suddenly realized why I'd kept driving cars with manual transmissions up until now...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Maybe you don’t realize the mental toll it takes to be around little kids all day long for months/years on end especially if there is little family around that can support them.
  • Fuck You 1