Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

15 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

FWIW, in 2020, A&M had 26 commits and 14 were from out of state.  In 2021, 9 of 23 were from out of state.  This year it was 11 of 26.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

How we got the number one kid in SWEDEN is fucking beyond me, though.  SWEDEN?  WTF?  They play football there?  Like, not futbol?

How many of them have already transferred?

12 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I just get a sense that aggy went a little too far. I really don't think the gentlemen's agreement club is going to sit idly by. I'll wait for the other shoe to drop when it comes down.  They involved way too many players from way too many groups for someone to not get upset and squeal at some point, especially with the transfer portal available. Aggy will find a way to screw this up.

This is Ole Miss and Tennessee obvious. Both those schools were undone by their own internal misfortunes that caused it to unravel. How long will that take at aggy? It just takes one disgruntled administrator or a school phone used to buy hookers and it is over. But I don't know if either of those type of events can happen at aggy with how happy they are with their messiah.

• “They have firmly planted themselves among the best with the caliber of players they have committed this year, but the complete overhaul of the roster from Jimbo Fisher’s arrival to now is unbelievable.”

and yet they were 0 for 2 against the state of Mississippi once again.

Whats interesting about the contrast about whats happening at Texas and A&M is very striking to me. 

Texas went quite, was behind on NIL, and boosters / surly got their shit together and figured out the legal way to do things and announced publicly what and how they were doing things. 

A&M quietly nabbed the top class out of nowhere. Implication to me is they ramped up their bagman efforts, hoping to clean it up with some official NIL later but who knows wtf they did here. This grey area is where the risk area is IMO. 

Big question though is whether or not the NCAA wants any involvement here again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Whats interesting about the contrast about whats happening at Texas and A&M is very striking to me. 

Texas went quite, was behind on NIL, and boosters / surly got their shit together and figured out the legal way to do things and announced publicly what and how they were doing things. 

A&M quietly nabbed the top class out of nowhere. Implication to me is they ramped up their bagman efforts, hoping to clean it up with some official NIL later but who knows wtf they did here. This grey area is where the risk area is IMO. 

Big question though is whether or not the NCAA wants any involvement here again. 

NCAA isn't going to do jack shit.  They'll end up trying to go against state laws and their track record in court is horrific.  

Aggies have what, 11 highly ranked recruits from outside of Texas? Including three from Georgia.

Would be similar to a Ole Miss or Michigan St going out of state and raiding every states top guys. Kids not in state don't give a shit about those schools.

Think the NCAA is just glad they are not the ones that have to pay them.

Spoiler

Three weeks ago, Max Johnson completed a fourth-down pass to keep LSU's comeback hopes alive, and a few plays later, he fired a perfect sideline strike to Jaray Jenkins for the game-winning score with just 20 seconds left. As fate would have it, Max Johnson's next pass will be for the team he beat at Death Valley and not against them.

On Friday, two days after signing his younger brother, Jake Johnson‍, Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies welcomed the former Tiger quarterback into the fold. Max had entered the portal following the coaching change in Baton Rouge, and neither he nor Fisher wasted any time in making the in-division transfer official.

I really don't know that Fisher and the Aggies could have found a better fit than the battle-tested former Bayou Bengal. He's going to fit in seamlessly with the offense and the Aggie quarterback room.

The runway for Max to land in Aggieland opened up earlier this week when Zach Calzada announced his intentions to transfer, leaving Fisher and the A&M offense with a pretty gaping roster hole at quarterback.

As things stood, the Ags were at risk of entering the season with just two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, something that nearly proved disastrous this fall. Haynes King — who won the starting job and has everyone in the program buzzing now that he's returned to practice after missing around three months due to a broken leg suffered in week two — and newly-signed Conner Weigman‍ meant that the Ags were entering the spring with two insanely talented signal-callers, one of whom is beyond ready to show what he can do in Fisher's offense.

However, two simply is not enough, and once Calzada left, it became obvious that the Aggies needed to add an experienced quarterback to the roster to both compete to start and add depth.

I'm not sure the Ags could have done any better than Max Johnson in this instance.

The son of Super Bowl champion quarterback Brad Johnson, Max will prove a quick study in Fisher's pro-style offense. He also has more than a full season of starting experience in the Southeastern Conference, with wins over A&M, Florida (twice) and Mississippi State under his belt.

This fall, as a sophomore, Max threw for 2,815 yards and 27 touchdowns against just six interceptions. His best outings included a 306-yard, three-touchdown effort in the win over A&M, throwing for 280 and four touchdowns in a win over State and a 372-yard, five-score effort vs. Central Michigan. In his last two games on the Bayou (A&M and ULM), Max passed for 625 yards and five touchdowns without a turnover.

0155267-ihni-240x135.jpg
TexAgs
2022 tight end Jake Johnson signed with Texas A&M on Wednesday and will be an early enrollee.

As a freshman in 2020, Max ended the year with a couple of pretty spectacular efforts for a spiraling LSU team. The first came when he led the Tigers to a stunning upset of then No. 6 Florida in The Swamp, throwing for 239 yards and three touchdowns. A week later, Max and LSU won a shootout against Matt Corrall and Ole Miss, with the 6-5, 220-pounder throwing for 435 yards and three scores. In his only game at Kyle Field, Johnson was impressive off the bench, leading LSU to a last-minute score, preventing a Wrecking Crew shutout.

Again, I really don't know that Fisher and the Aggies could have found a better fit than the battle-tested former Bayou Bengal. He's going to fit in seamlessly with the offense and the Aggie quarterback room.

Wednesday, the Ags sent shockwaves across the recruiting world when they inked Max's younger brother Jake, the nation's top-ranked tight end prospect and a longtime LSU pledge out of Oconee County High School in Bogart, Georgia. To the delight of Fisher and the offensive staff, the Johnsons will now both be wearing Maroon & White and will arrive on campus in January.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I just get a sense that aggy went a little too far. I really don't think the gentlemen's agreement club is going to sit idly by. I'll wait for the other shoe to drop when it comes down.  They involved way too many players from way too many groups for someone to not get upset and squeal at some point, especially with the transfer portal available. Aggy will find a way to screw this up.

aka they Ole Miss'ed themselves

We'll see. A few on this site who seem to know folks say that they're fairly well organized. With the current pay4play culture, I don't see why any of us should expect anything of significance to come from it.

We'll see if Sark is the man for this challenge, not a great start. I hope he is right about his choice in S&C leadership. Can't waste another spring.

19 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Three weeks ago, Max Johnson completed a fourth-down pass to keep LSU's comeback hopes alive, and a few plays later, he fired a perfect sideline strike to Jaray Jenkins for the game-winning score with just 20 seconds left. As fate would have it, Max Johnson's next pass will be for the team he beat at Death Valley and not against them.

On Friday, two days after signing his younger brother, Jake Johnson‍, Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies welcomed the former Tiger quarterback into the fold. Max had entered the portal following the coaching change in Baton Rouge, and neither he nor Fisher wasted any time in making the in-division transfer official.

I really don't know that Fisher and the Aggies could have found a better fit than the battle-tested former Bayou Bengal. He's going to fit in seamlessly with the offense and the Aggie quarterback room.

The runway for Max to land in Aggieland opened up earlier this week when Zach Calzada announced his intentions to transfer, leaving Fisher and the A&M offense with a pretty gaping roster hole at quarterback.

As things stood, the Ags were at risk of entering the season with just two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, something that nearly proved disastrous this fall. Haynes King — who won the starting job and has everyone in the program buzzing now that he's returned to practice after missing around three months due to a broken leg suffered in week two — and newly-signed Conner Weigman‍ meant that the Ags were entering the spring with two insanely talented signal-callers, one of whom is beyond ready to show what he can do in Fisher's offense.

However, two simply is not enough, and once Calzada left, it became obvious that the Aggies needed to add an experienced quarterback to the roster to both compete to start and add depth.

I'm not sure the Ags could have done any better than Max Johnson in this instance.

The son of Super Bowl champion quarterback Brad Johnson, Max will prove a quick study in Fisher's pro-style offense. He also has more than a full season of starting experience in the Southeastern Conference, with wins over A&M, Florida (twice) and Mississippi State under his belt.

This fall, as a sophomore, Max threw for 2,815 yards and 27 touchdowns against just six interceptions. His best outings included a 306-yard, three-touchdown effort in the win over A&M, throwing for 280 and four touchdowns in a win over State and a 372-yard, five-score effort vs. Central Michigan. In his last two games on the Bayou (A&M and ULM), Max passed for 625 yards and five touchdowns without a turnover.

0155267-ihni-240x135.jpg
TexAgs
2022 tight end Jake Johnson signed with Texas A&M on Wednesday and will be an early enrollee.

As a freshman in 2020, Max ended the year with a couple of pretty spectacular efforts for a spiraling LSU team. The first came when he led the Tigers to a stunning upset of then No. 6 Florida in The Swamp, throwing for 239 yards and three touchdowns. A week later, Max and LSU won a shootout against Matt Corrall and Ole Miss, with the 6-5, 220-pounder throwing for 435 yards and three scores. In his only game at Kyle Field, Johnson was impressive off the bench, leading LSU to a last-minute score, preventing a Wrecking Crew shutout.

Again, I really don't know that Fisher and the Aggies could have found a better fit than the battle-tested former Bayou Bengal. He's going to fit in seamlessly with the offense and the Aggie quarterback room.

Wednesday, the Ags sent shockwaves across the recruiting world when they inked Max's younger brother Jake, the nation's top-ranked tight end prospect and a longtime LSU pledge out of Oconee County High School in Bogart, Georgia. To the delight of Fisher and the offensive staff, the Johnsons will now both be wearing Maroon & White and will arrive on campus in January.

Two new Johnson’s on campus for jimbo’s wife, advantage aggy. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Go look at Poe's posting history. I've never seen him make a positive post about Texas recruiting. He's one of the negative nancy types that only shows up when there's bad news. 

I’m not sure I’ve posted in this particular thread, I suppose it’s possible. I’m definitely prone to negativity with Texas football, that’s true. 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:59 AM, Hook1997 said:

Wasn’t atm included in the initial rumblings of investigation with Miami and BYU?  Im betting a investigation is coming after this class, Bama and Georgia won’t sit by and let them get beat at their own game this bad.  They don’t even have a DC, it’s so blatantly obvious.  

I'm sure the SECs main office and the NCAA batphone has been ringing off the hook.  The NCAA probably just picked up the phone with way ahead of you. Investigators were already on their way by noon Wednesday.

I can see aggy thought process.  We can buy players now?  Buy everyone!!!  They might have fucked up on this one.  We will see.  But I bet they fucked up the NIL and there are going to be so many guidelines and stipulations coming down the pipeline that it will be a joke of a program.  

And I bet there will be several of these recruits who end up in deep shit over tax evasion inna few years, once the IRS tracks all the money down.  But I'll go out on a limb and say there were millions that exchanged hands.  I wonder how much of that came after the pancake factory got media attention...  No one does panic like aggy, when they are trying to counter any innovation from the flagship.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

I'm sure the SECs main office and the NCAA batphone has been ringing off the hook.  The NCAA probably just picked up the phone with way ahead of you. Investigators were already on their way by noon Wednesday.

I can see aggy thought process.  We can buy players now?  Buy everyone!!!  They might have fucked up on this one.  We will see.  But I bet they fucked up the NIL and there are going to be so many guidelines and stipulations coming down the pipeline that it will be a joke of a program.  

And I bet there will be several of these recruits who end up in deep shit over tax evasion inna few years, once the IRS tracks all the money down.  But I'll go out on a limb and say there were millions that exchanged hands.  I wonder how much of that came after the pancake factory got media attention...  No one does panic like aggy, when they are trying to counter any innovation from the flagship.

Your faith in the NCAA is incredibly strong.