2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Trumps approval rating is at an all time low, but JCI chili cheese dogs before going to an election watch party and before my wife gets home is polling at an all time high. 

Sounds like you’ll be delivering some serious exit poles later this evening. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Lupe was such a shit candidate.  

She finally hit me up last week. I told the texter, "Gimme the actblue link." nary a peep. 

sweatergawd it's a case study in how to and how not to run a campaign. She should have stayed in Dallas, that shitshow was at least marginally manageable for her.

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

My social circle is Collin and Dallas counties, all part of what most on this board dismiss as backwards fundamentalist Christian types (church of Christ). 

I'd guess about 75% of our circle went Beto. Including my wife and I. 

There’s nothing wrong with being a Christian. There’s nothing wrong with being a fundamentalist Christian. There’s nothing wrong even with being a backwards fundamentalist Christian. 

What is wrong is being one, two, or all three of those things and following an amoral narcissist asshole like our current president, or following church leaders like Falwell junior who treat the church like a personal and political cash machine.

Sounds like you and most of your friends have that figured out. Glad to hear. 

• Like 3

Voting in Birmingham Alabama metro highest I've seen at my polling station. Had to wait for table space, fair number of new voters to judge from the questions I heard them asking.

Funny thing is, there is very little of entertainment value on our state's ballots. The race that will affect us the most is happening in Georgia.

I wrote in Beto for governor, and Roy Moore for AG, just to jack with whatever tech wizard is mining our ballot data.

• Haha 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

Good thing Republicans now support Medicare and protections for people with pre-existing conditions, or they could be in some serious shit!

That probably helps with the olds.  Not very many of them will be fooled into believing they are the ones that were trying to figure health care out.