Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

It is literally impossible for his type to accept any responsibility for anything.  "We learned a lot about what we did wrong [not actually admitting doing anything wrong], but also we learned a lot about how people misstate what we have done."  It's ALWAYS about blaming someone else.  He's never done anything wrong, never made a mistake.

Narcissism is the disease that will kill this country.  Alex is far from the first high-profile practitioner of it, and every one of them is worshipped as a God by the MAGA crowd and such.  They see narcissism as the most important quality a human can have.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

For us non-lawyers, what's happening?

the plaintiffs are raising an objection in front of the judge as to a bunch of issues related to the defense violating pre-trial orders regarding what evidence and testimony was possible in front of the jury.  those are legal issues and not fact issues that the court needs to weigh in on without the jury participating or being prejudiced by the back and forth.  so they are effectively having a little mini-hearing in the middle of the trial to address these evidentiary legal issues, as well as whether or not the defense lawyer was behaving poorly and deserving sanctions for eliciting testimony that were "limited" out of the testimony that was possible for the jury to hear as ordered by the judge.  he was not supposed to be able to say to the jury that he was bankrupt and he did.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Note to self:  Tell the truth when sworn to tell the truth.

Listen man, that might have been the way we did things in the past, but its a brave new world out there. There are companies putting shit in the water....and its making the frogs gay. 

• Haha 1

"So mr. jones was too ignorant to know he was lying?  That's your defense?"

And she's already telling the lawyers to give her draft instructions for the jury tomorrow morning, to shit all over what Jones just said.

And now he's asking to speak directly to the court through his attorney -- Maya ain't having it.  She's heard enough from AJ today.

8 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Reynal has filed a writ of replevin and the judge is moving the case to Dardanelle, Arkansas.

Incorrect.  Reynal invoked the Rule Against Perpetuites, citing the fertile octogenarian, pursuant to the Rome Statute and the Rule in Shelly's Case.  The case will then go to the Hague.  It's a bold gambit - that octogenarian might not even be fertile.  We'll see how it plays out.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It seems that this Reynal dude is mostly a criminal defense lawyer. 

The thrust of the discussion is that he's trying to subtly or not-so-subtly relitigate whether Jones is or should be liable for defamation or infliction of emotional distress.  But those "liability" issues have already been decided and the judge ordered that questioning is not supposed to "go there."

So, Reynal is trying to squeeze his questioning into "Jones only defamed and distressed them a little bit, so the damages should be low."  That's a fine line to walk and probably very very difficult to walk with Alex fucking Jones as a witness.

In criminal cases, defense counsel gets a lot of latitude for that kind of thing because of the constitutional concerns for the defendant's rights.  Civil cases can be a lot more controlled in that way, and there's not really anything analogous to a "damages phase" trial when liability has already been established.  The closest thing might be a sentencing hearing, which would usually be judge-only, and counsel gets latitude to argue, "my client is only a little guilty."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

Can the judge not hold Jones in contempt of court? She has repeatedly admonished him and he refuses to comply.

Yes, she can.  But I think she's pulling her punches because she understands that he's basically mental, and doesn't want to provoke the political mess, or provide any real basis for an appeal.

Just now, Sawbonz said:

So is perjury not a thing in a civil case?

I was wondering the same thing. The judge has flat called Jones' testimony lies.

One of the plaintiffs gave him something after the judge left. Alex started shaking their hands and apologizing and then saying something about what he would do on his show. He was holding them as a captive audience when the plaintiff lawyer stepped up and blocked off Jones saying something like "there won't even be a though of this."

The lawyer helped the plaintiffs to disengage, but Alex started mouthing off. The lawyer said, "shut your mouth" and Alex puffed up and said the equivalent of "make me." Jones started to pursue but was rather easily held back by his own skinny doofus lawyer.

After seeing him sucking down smoke in the break yesterday, I just started imagining how much he must stink. Sweaty with cigarette smell seeping out of his pores. 

"My vitamins and supplements have stuff from Japan! It's the best!" 

Fuckwad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So is perjury not a thing in a civil case?

Yes, and no.  It's a crime -- the DA can take it up.  As for what the judge can do about it in a civil case, see below:

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes, she can.  But I think she's pulling her punches because she understands that he's basically mental, and doesn't want to provoke the political mess, or provide any real basis for an appeal.

This can actually get really frustrating.  The other side will be behaving uttelry batshit, and the judge pulls her punches in popping them because she doesn't want to give them any further grounds for an appeal.  When the judge restrains herself, calls balls and strikes, and makes a record that she was patient as hell and gave Jones WAY more leeway than he deserved, it deflates the fuck out of his "she was UNFAIR AND BIASED AGAINST ME!" bullshit.  The Court of Appeals reads a couple of good record cites, concludes "shit, he's lucky she didn't toss him in a cell each night," and that argument is done.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Now imagine Donald Trump as a client. 

Yep.  Remember, his lawyers literally referred to JUST THE CONCEPT OF HAVING HIM TESTIFY UNDER OATH as a "perjury trap."

That's like saying that putting you in a room with a 9 year old girl is a "rape trap."  Yes, it is.....if you're a goddamned pedophile rapist.

These fucking narcissists can't help but lie, repeatedly and constantly.  It's like breathing to them.  If they didn't do it, they may well die.

• Haha 1

When his lawyer asked him why he moved from Rockwall to Austin in high school, it reminded me of a This American Life segment on him. I went and found it. He claimed to have uncovered corruption in the Rockwall police force and had to move for his safety, when in actuality he sucker punched and severely beat a friend of his, resulting in him becoming a social pariah. The whole segment is wild but the end will leave you shaking your head 

Alex Jones origin story

• Hook 'Em 2