Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

• 4 weeks later...

Lawyers for relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims asked a Connecticut judge again Friday to order the arrest of Infowars host Alex Jones, after he defied a court order to attend a deposition as part of a lawsuit over his calling the massacre a hoax.

Jones missed both days of a scheduled deposition Wednesday and Thursday in Austin, Texas, home to Jones and Infowars. He cited a health problem that included vertigo and revealed Friday that it was a sinus infection. After he didn't show up Wednesday on the advice of his doctors, Connecticut Judge Barbara Bellis ordered him to appear Thursday, noting he wasn't hospitalized and had appeared in-person on his show Tuesday.

Jones returned to the Infowars studio on Friday for the first time since Tuesday and disclosed on the show that medical testing showed he had a sinus infection. He said he had experienced vertigo, and his doctors initially thought it was a serious heart problem and advised him to stay home and not go to the deposition.

What a sack of shit.

I read the transcript of that hearing. It’s hilarious. Alex was literally broadcasting from his studio while his lawyers were representing to the court that he was home bound under the supervision of his physician, Dr. Marbles. He apparently got a sick note from some MD/yoga instructor in Marble Falls, according to Knowledge Fight.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:54 PM, BrickHorn said:

I read the transcript of that hearing. It’s hilarious. Alex was literally broadcasting from his studio while his lawyers were representing to the court that he was home bound under the supervision of his physician, Dr. Marbles. He apparently got a sick note from some MD/yoga instructor in Marble Falls, according to Knowledge Fight.

To be fair, he was playing a tape so he wasn't literally live on air while he was supposed to be at the deposition. I did like the little fake coughs he was throwing in to show how sick he was -- like the KF hosts said, it was like what we would all do as kids in trying to convince the parentals over the phone we were sick when we just wanted to get out some exam we were not prepared for at school. 

Or maybe he is dying of Covid. That would be a shame. 

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yep, and according to this article the plaintiffs already rejected a settlement offer from Jones for 120K each.  They want it all.  The whole thing so they can shut him down.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/lawyers-infowars-host-sandy-hook-school-shooting-families-head-back-court-2022-03-30/?taid=6244cbdc1a9e390001f14541&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

The online hearing on Wednesday took place a day after Sandy Hook families rejected an offer by Jonesto pay $120,000 to each of the 13 plaintiffs to settle the lawsuit.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Yep, and according to this article the plaintiffs already rejected a settlement offer from Jones for 120K each.  They want it all.  The whole thing so they can shut him down.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/lawyers-infowars-host-sandy-hook-school-shooting-families-head-back-court-2022-03-30/?taid=6244cbdc1a9e390001f14541&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

$120k is an offensively low offer, especially in conjunction with the way he has acted.  They need to wring his ass out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Probably the Texas Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act, but IANAL.

If he doesn't pay the contempt "fine," the court will enter judgment against him and the case will move to the damages phase.  That's the real lever.

It can also jail him until he pays and sits for the deposition.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

If he doesn't pay the contempt "fine," the court will enter judgment against him and the case will move to the damages phase.  That's the real lever.

It can also jail him until he pays and sits for the deposition.

go8n1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just learned about a fascinating podcast called Knowledge Fight that does critical media coverage of infowars and all things alex jones. They've got a series of episodes titled "Formulaic Objections" that's a deep-dive breakdown of the (now public record) depositions that were taken of jones, infowars, and corporate representatives of infowars in relation to the Sandy Hook defamation lawsuits.

It's fucking WILD to hear the same rhetoric arguments being rolled out by jones and his toadies that I frequently read here in CR and DT. It's hard stuff to listen to at times because of how fucking awful these people are, but is a fascinating look into a deposition and a group of people who have lost their grip on objective truth and reality.

edit: forgot to add, one of the podcast's hosts was actually brought on as a consultant by the plaintiff's attorneys because he's about as close as you can get to a jones/infowars expert. He was present in most of the depositions to consult and suggest questions to the attorneys that could lead to useful information for judgement findings. 

Edited by Captainant

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I just learned about a fascinating podcast called Knowledge Fight that does critical media coverage of infowars and all things alex jones. They've got a series of episodes titled "Formulaic Objections" that's a deep-dive breakdown of the (now public record) depositions that were taken of jones, infowars, and corporate representatives of infowars in relation to the Sandy Hook defamation lawsuits.

It's fucking WILD to hear the same rhetoric arguments being rolled out by jones and his toadies that I frequently read here in CR and DT. It's hard stuff to listen to at times because of how fucking awful these people are, but is a fascinating look into a deposition and a group of people who have lost their grip on objective truth and reality.

edit: forgot to add, one of the podcast's hosts was actually brought on as a consultant by the plaintiff's attorneys because he's about as close as you can get to a jones/infowars expert. He was present in most of the depositions to consult and suggest questions to the attorneys that could lead to useful information for judgement findings. 

Confused Britney GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Confused Britney GIFs | Tenor

Yeah, it's funky - it's a deposition for damages after team infowars got default judgement'd. They have the attorney for some of the plaintiffs on explaining why they brought him in explain during the top of part 4 when it's recent-ish depos. That episode has part of the jones and the infowars corporate rep depositions

On 4/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, Captainant said:

I really like that podcast.  Pro tip: on Spotify you can listen to only their Project Camelot episodes, which are truly wacky. Space soldiers, secret moon bases, time travel. It’s awesome.

So the timing of his bankruptcy filing is circumspect, 

A restructuring officer for conspiracy site Infowars said Friday that representatives for its founder Alex Jones worried the radio-host would damage his brand and his ability to sell merchandise if he also joined his media assets in filing for bankruptcy.

W. Mark Schwartz, an accountant tapped to serve as Infowars’ chief restructuring officer, said Friday in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Victoria, Texas, that Mr. Jones is a prominent figure in the conspiracy theorist community and people working on the bankruptcy case worried that putting him in chapter 11 personally would hinder “his value to us in generating cash flow.”

Those involved in preparing the chapter 11 filings were concerned that a bankruptcy filing by Mr. Jones could harm his name “and his ability to generate funds, sell merchandise to these people,” Mr. Shwartz said. 

Instead, only the properties that own the trademark- and -web-domain rights for Infowars were put in bankruptcy, which has already delayed a coming trial to establish damages against Mr. Jones for falsely claiming the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax.

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Rage+1 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:00 AM, SmokeyBear1861 said:

He will be fine, he's an asset. He is just playing a character. These bums aren't going to be able to sue him for shit.

For Smokey calling the families “bums” for suing Jones about Sandy Hook, I hope he gets Karma. 

And this prediction a reminder how fucking stupid Smokey is. Maggot brain of his makes him gullible and stupid. 

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

For Smokey calling the families “bums” for suing Jones about Sandy Hook, I hope he gets Karma. 

And this prediction a reminder how fucking stupid Smokey is. Maggot brain of his makes him gullible and stupid.

Yo bro. I'm not one to fret about rep. but note there are two smokeys here: the original (me) and the shit stain imposter you quoted. 

Yo bro. I'm not one to fret about rep. but note there are two smokeys here: the original (me) and the shit stain imposter you quoted. 

I was hitting 1861 Smoky. Mea Culpa if I hit you by mistake man.

And no,

giphy.gif

THIS is not the Smokey you are looking for.

• 3 weeks later...