Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm not sure if you guys are fucking around or not, but for the olds who are ACTUALLY confused when MM said "crib." He's basically saying that Hill was "home." Now whether or not he meant it was Hills home, or his, is up for debate. Thanks for coming to my slang explanation.

test guy GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

From some article on the draft:

It was an unforgettable and frustrating experience that O’Neal intends to thoroughly utilize as motivational fuel heading into his rookie season. Ultimately, O’Neal fell not because of his production or film but due to a slower than anticipated 40-yard dash time of 4.63 to 4.71 seconds.

“I will never, ever forget the names they called,” said O’Neal, a three-year starter for the Aggies whose rookie contract includes a $10,000 signing bonus and $50,000 of his base salary guaranteed. “I was projected from the fourth round to the seventh round, and for my name to not even be called at all, I wish those guys luck, but there’s no chance some of them are on my level. To fall because of a misinterpreted 40-yard dash time, to see a lot of that stuff, that was interesting to me. I had a lot riding on this.“

My two reactions:

1. “Misinterpreted.” Lol.

2. After years of bagging on him for being slow, it’s hilarious that the reason he wasn’t drafted was because he was… slow

So it wasn’t that he was slow, it was that he wasn’t motivated? Because that’s the kind of guy I want on my team. 

32 minutes ago, Rudiger said:

So it wasn’t that he was slow, it was that he wasn’t motivated? Because that’s the kind of guy I want on my team. 

Well, we’ve had plenty of them over the past 10+ years….many of which played the same position as him. 

3 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm not sure if you guys are fucking around or not, but for the olds who are ACTUALLY confused when MM said "crib." He's basically saying that Hill was "home." Now whether or not he meant it was Hills home, or his, is up for debate. Thanks for coming to my slang explanation.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

"Keep in mind, we rank based on NFL draft prospects."

Yeah, right ... the pompous fuckers.

(Both 247 and On3 have him rated as a 3 star and nationally unranked.)

image.thumb.png.79e285a7748765e4e3a5b1495bd75cf9.png

image.thumb.png.4067a2f22861eb27a04974af707eb44e.png

This is all kinds of dumb. How the fuck does trimming down before college affect his NFL draft prospects?

Edited by TotallyLegit

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Youtube is the worst thing that's happened to 995, everyone gets to see what clowns most of them are. I personally care much more about how the prospect fits into our program/scheme and who wanted him vs rankings by 995. 

With that said, this is the first time in a long time that we have an idea and a coach recruiting all positions on the field with a schematic plan, of at least the first coach who's been successful at getting them(likely because he can sell success based on a schematic plan). 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

I could see that maybe for separating five stars, but it's idiotic and vain of these idiots to think they have clue about anyone else.

Sports writers: the dumbest people on Earth that get paid to write.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The Longhorns would have one On3 Consensus 5-star ... Should Texas win out for On3 Consensus 5-star linebacker Anthony Hill and one of On3 Consensus 5-star defensive lineman David Hicks or tight end Duce Robinson, a class of at least four On3 Consensus 5-stars would be a lock

1+2=4, cool

41 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Youtube is the worst thing that's happened to 995, everyone gets to see what clowns most of them are. I personally care much more about how the prospect fits into our program/scheme and who wanted him vs rankings by 995. 

With that said, this is the first time in a long time that we have an idea and a coach recruiting all positions on the field with a schematic plan, of at least the first coach who's been successful at getting them(likely because he can sell success based on a schematic plan). 

I’m really excited by our effort to stack up big classes full of mutants on the OL and DL. That Gerry update at the top of this page is very exciting. They’re not gonna be satisfied with just getting Mitchell. They want Osborne, Brown, Deal/Green, and of course Hicks. Now we’re big game hunting at OL. 

11 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I’m really excited by our effort to stack up big classes full of mutants on the OL and DL. That Gerry update at the top of this page is very exciting. They’re not gonna be satisfied with just getting Mitchell. They want Osborne, Brown, Deal/Green, and of course Hicks. Now we’re big game hunting at OL. 

I guess that would explain why we've recruited so many OL, if we're going to start shooting them.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Brown looks like a monster.  Kinda' wish we'd been on him earlier, but sounds like he'll visit at the end of the month.

I wonder if these two guy from Louisiana are still takes/going after?  Williams looks like a beast on film.

https://247sports.com/player/ashley-williams-46130521/

https://247sports.com/player/taderius-collins-46130935/

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

I actually like the kid. A big 2 gapping DT is a very valuable NFL asset. Those guys stay in the league a long time. I get it they are hunting the next Aaron Donald, but legit pass rushing DTs are very rare finds. I am happy with a guy that can give a little push up the middle and demand 2 OL on every run play. Same goes for guys like Belicheck and Monte Kiffen 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1