Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

When Ryan Perri-fucknuts was still “committed” to Texas and everyone knew he was flipping to LSU, I posted on the old IT board about hot insane it was for recruiting services to list him as a commit. The guy was openly recruiting players to LSU and telling everyone he was flipping on signing day. Clendon Ross deleted the thread and sent me a nasty note for hurting the reputation of a Texas commit.  If Texas message boards would not have been moderated by the Sino Ministry of Information back then it would have been a surprise to no one. 

I think that jerkoff DizzG is still expecting Perrilloux to Texas.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Oregon gave Texas Banks and Williams by firing Cristobal last cycle, and has taken top prospects from Baylor and OU this cycle. Especially love them flipping Baylor’s QB at the last minute, leaving Baylor scrambling.

I’m sure there will be a day down the line when this changes, but Oregon has been Texas‘s best friend the past couple years.

Wait....are you talking about the Dripping Springs QB?

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry Hamilton shared today that when Choate was hired at Texas, he reached out to Will Muschamp (Choate worked with Muschamp at Florida), and Muschamp said “I love Jeff Choate as a coach and as a person.”

Choate reached out to Muschamp to learn about Choate? That's weird.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I believe I speak for everyone when I say that you knew today was signing day, and deciding to go through with a vacation/work trip/wedding/funeral was extremely selfish on your part, and I resent you for every ounce of this travesty. 

Cut the man some slack. It’s not like he’s posting about oofos

• Haha 1

My view. Portal WR will create quite a stir, which would make it difficult to find an alternative to Moore if he ended up not signing after signing day. Thus the pressure on Moore to sign today, and if he doesn’t Texas goes plan B at HS WR instead of Moore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My view. Portal WR will create quite a stir, which would make it difficult to find an alternative to Moore if he ended up not signing after signing day. Thus the pressure on Moore to sign today, and if he doesn’t Texas goes plan B at HS WR instead of Moore. 

Staff liked Jakobi Lane more, if I remember correctly? If there is anything to the Lane stuff mentioned upthread, Moore may have been the Plan B and Texas could be going for their Plan A.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Texas isn't taking another HS WR this cycle if Moore/Lane don't sign now. Maybe an extra portal WR, maybe not

Edited by Atticus

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wow.  Peyton Bowen just committed to Oregon.

What a huge signing day flip.  Fucking Will Stein, man.

HAHAHAHA.  Fuck Oklahoma.

We are really starting to see who the big players are going to be going forward, now that NIL is such a big influence on recruiting. And it ain't Oklahoma. Last thing I saw regarding their NIL was a panic attack bitchass tweet saying essentially "C'mon sooner nation, we're way behind our NIL donation goal!!" 

• Hook 'Em 4