Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

That would be nice especially after all the mean things I said and plan to say about Choate last year, this offseason, and this football season.

I believe Choate took that opinion… shined it up real nice.. turned that sumbitch sideways, and stuck it straight up your candy ass!

• Haha 2

Since none of them play tight end in High School it is obvious none of them will be the next Eric Winston.

I wasn’t referring to position played or projected but to the fact that it’s been since Eric fucking Winston that someone from west Texas lived up to the hype

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Williams gave Suchomel this quote after originally telling him (i.e. right before he left Austin) he was going to wait until the Fall : “A lot of things kind of changed,” Williams said. “I recognized the decision I’d been wanting to make. It felt like right time, knowing Arch (Manning) just committed a few days go. Then with all the other players that just committed from the 23 class coming in.”

Never let someone tell you momentum in recruiting isn't real

Best Texas Sucks Tom Herman GIFs | Gfycat

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Williams gave Suchomel this quote after originally telling him (i.e. right before he left Austin) he was going to wait until the Fall : “A lot of things kind of changed,” Williams said. “I recognized the decision I’d been wanting to make. It felt like right time, knowing Arch (Manning) just committed a few days go. Then with all the other players that just committed from the 23 class coming in.”

Never let someone tell you momentum in recruiting isn't real

I'm glad he inserted "(Manning)" into that quote. Otherwise, I'd have no idea who he was talking about when he said "Arch just committed a few days ago."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Look, I’m sorry. I just have to be more selective with my rep. I can’t risk not having any left if Hill commits. Or Cook. Or Baxter. Dammit, raise the rep limit, o benevolent one!

Edited by jeevsie
Speeling
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Arch is who we thought Quinn would be round 1

To be fair, Quinn and the entire coaching staff came on after the early signing day.  You’re picking through scraps at that point with the shot clock winding down.  Early signing day completely fucks transition classes.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

To be fair, Quinn and the entire coaching staff came on after the early signing day.  You’re picking through scraps at that point with the shot clock winding down.  Early signing day completely fucks transition classes.

I think he's referring to Quinn's first commitment

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Also, dropping bags of (legal) cash like it’s the remake of Brewster’s Millions is not hurting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I was talking about his first commitment out of High School…

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Gerry saying ketch is out over his skis on Hill.  Ketch is pissed because gerry is beating him to the punch on every cb

Only so much you can do from your couch in the woodlands.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Do you know why they hate each other so much? Didn’t ketch give Gerry his first job?

Yes. Ketch embezzled money from the golf tournament for Cole Pittman to pay off his taxes. Gerry found out about the scam from Sean Allen, and promptly quit Orangebloods. Ketch thinks Gerry is the source of the rumors about the scam making their way onto the internets. It's all documented on shaggybevo in their classic threads. Apparently ketch got wind of the thread and made an appearance threatening to sue blacklab over it.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Do you know why they hate each other so much? Didn’t ketch give Gerry his first job?

Everyone that works for ketch hates ketch.  Also ketch has no integrity.   When Jesus was punking him on the saban stuff he wanted him to name his sources.  Ketch ended up outing Jesus.  No integrity.  

• Hook 'Em 2