Oklahoma State @ Texas - 630PM on ABC: Mensas vs Mullets

Hagbard Celine

It's interesting to me that we had a freshman moment out of a guy many didn't think had in him in that Jake Smith muff. Then you have a freshman like Adimora who stepped up so huge. I can't remember who got the hand up on what would've been a TD but I believe he was a freshman as well. Could've been Adimora. 

Plus, we got Ingram going finally. Loved his game last night.

Edited by mdmost

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

It's interesting to me that we had a freshman moment out of a guy many didn't think had in him in that Jake Smith muff. Then you have a freshman like Adimora who stepped up so huge. I can't remember who got the hand up on what would've been a TD but I believe he was a freshman as well. Could've been Adimora. 

Adimora made back to back game saving plays with the PBU and onside kick recovery 

8 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

speaking of akers, akers teams would not have gotten that last first down. akers would have done that dive into the line 3 times and punted and it would have been nail biting time can the d hold em and preserve the win.

you fucking whippersnapper don't know from shit ugly wins. fucking akers was the king of no offense ugly wins and too many ugĺy wins that turned into ugly losses. this win wasn't ugly by the akers standard. not by a long shot.

allways remember in the words of DKR "Old ugly is better than old nuthin."

OU sucks

Yep.  Couldn't have said this any better.  As someone who had to suffer through the David McWilliams era,  this "ugly" win last night would have looked golden.   

Here is a reference for the whippersnappers.    Yea we lost to Cougar High four out of his five seasons.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_McWilliams_(American_football)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This is a game in the past 5 years that we would've lost. It wasn't pretty but damn it's satisfying to have that many miscues and still get the win against a team you haven't beaten at home since 2008. Sure there were lots of fuckups but there were equally many big plays and guys who stepped up when needed. Our secondary is a mess but our run defense is good. They frustrated Chuba all night. Yeah, he got his yards but they didn't come easy. Thank the Maker for the bye week. 

My thoughts exactly as the coffee kicks in this morning.    Last year we would have lost this game under the same circumstances and we certainly did lose a few where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  

We have a full two weeks now to heal some bumps and bruises and go into Morgantown and dog stomp WVU.   OUsucks has to play Tech next week and although Tech looks like they suck, hopefully they can bloody the Land Thieves up a little bit for the following week.

Smith muffed punt....I get.

The Jones muffed punt was a horrible play by a trusted senior.

Herman not kicking the FG is just fucking stupid,,,especially at the time when it looked like our D wasn’t going to stop anyone anytime soon.  TAKE THE FUCKING POINTS.

Estell had a decent game

Adimora should starts

Sam is the man.

The fair catches on kickoffs seem like a wasted opportunity to make a play. Return it.

It was good to see the Defense adjust to whatever the fuck they were doing in the 1st half.

Bye Week couldn’t come at a better time with the MASH unit we have in the defensive backfield.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I still dont understand Gundy’s penchant for running the ball all game? What was his pass/run split?

Seems like he ran the ball more than he threw it last night... and essentially helped us win the game

Maybe he thought they could tire out the defense if they kept running. But that seems like a dumb game plan when: 1) our secondary wasn’t good coming into the game; and 2) all the injuries in the secondary during the game. 

Or maybe he wanted to control the clock. We were running the ball effectively most of the game and OSU was able to have some longer possessions (compared to some of their past offenses) by running the ball so much. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I still dont understand Gundy’s penchant for running the ball all game? What was his pass/run split?

Seems like he ran the ball more than he threw it last night... and essentially helped us win the game

I wondered this as well.  With our porous pass D plus the injuries and one of the best WR’s in the nation, I would have been slinging it.

I’ll take it though.  If he wants to give it Hubbard 25 times at 3 yd/car...fine by me.

Split was 36 rush/15 pass.  Odd.

Just now, Tylerocks said:

I wondered this as well.  With our porous pass D plus the injuries and one of the best WR’s in the nation, I would have been slinging it.

I’ll take it though.  If he wants to give it Hubbard 25 times at 3 yd/car...fine by me.

Split was 36 rush/15 pass.  Odd.

Holy shit, they only passed 30% of the time?

He said it during his pregame interview. Their game plan revolved around establishing (and maintaining) the run game. Outside of a couple of bombs where his upperclassmen WR pulled down impressive contested catches, Sanders was not that great throwing the ball. He hurt us much more when he scrambled.

Gundy typically comes in with a good game plan. I think he had the right idea last night. But we had overall better talent and made a couple of key plays to hold on for the W.

2 hours ago, Nope said:

Sanders is going to be scary good with more experience. I remember thinking Mason Rudolph was terrible as a freshman. This dude is better by leaps and bounds.

I’m happy we played them so early in the season   He is going to be a killer later on this year.  Ou better watch out 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Holy hell, I was full of rage watching our punt return team last night, so yeah, I was probably the asshole guy near you and your family last night, screaming how fucking stupid it was to even get near those punts. 

I thought it was near-Charlie-Okie-State-Three-PATs-blocked level stupid to not instruct Brandon and everyone else to just get the fuck away.

I’m sure this thread was a pleasant place to be when that was happening.

Same here.  I watched the entire game only making cheers on some TDs and was chilled throughout regardless what happened until the punt returner needed to just stay the fuck away from the ball and the game is won.   The Special Teams coach should have instructed everybody not to even get near the ball. If that is done, the game won with certainty.  But no, we went from having the game locked up to having Okie State come very close recover an on-sides kick with time to win.  Beyond fucking stupid and Herman needs to kick some ass.

Edited by Horn80

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

watching the replay and Chris Fowler says outright that Roach took a dive.  I never saw the replay of LSU but did he and herbie call LSU out directly like that.

We have one guy go down and now we are "taking dives

Fowler and Herbie read the network memo - "Nothing but praise for any SEC team, no criticism.  All others = fair game."

Simple as that.

Just look at ESPN's NCAAF home page today.  SECSECSEC sword swallowing at full tilt.

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

watching the replay and Chris Fowler says outright that Roach took a dive.  I never saw the replay of LSU but did he and herbie call LSU out directly like that.

We have one guy go down and now we are "taking dives

Yeah that absolute horseshit. When was the last time you ever heard an announcer accuse a player of taking a dive? Seriously? Fowler needs to be called out for that bullshit. 

He definitely didn’t say shit during the LSU game. Hell, he didn’t even insinuate it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hookem17 said:

Maybe he thought they could tire out the defense if they kept running. But that seems like a dumb game plan when: 1) our secondary wasn’t good coming into the game; and 2) all the injuries in the secondary during the game. 

Or maybe he wanted to control the clock. We were running the ball effectively most of the game and OSU was able to have some longer possessions (compared to some of their past offenses) by running the ball so much. 

I think it was a combo of not trusting sanders to throw it 50 times this game and remembering the success he had against our D last year.

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Sorry, I guess I wasn’t;t looking at the final stats.  I thought that sounded low, lol.

56 rush/ 33 pass 

Some of those 56 were called passes where Sanders scrambled, but he definitely wanted to establish the run. The true split of play calls was probably more 50:40 run v. Pass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not reading 81 pages. Has the braindead horrifically stupid decision to go for 2 been discussed?

It's been discussed. A good number of posters (more than half) seem to think it was the right decision. It clearly wasn't. OSU winning it with a touchdown and two field goals was improbable. We should've kicked the extra point so they'd need two touchdowns to tie or take the lead, in which case we still could've re-claimed the lead with a FG. There must be some chart that says when up 11, go for 2, but it was the wrong call at that point in the game.

• Like 1

He even said in the pre-game on-field interview that he was going to run it often, which at the time seemed like a horrible bluff attempt. So he not only planned to run often, he told the world he was going to do it, then continued despite an abundance of evidence that it would not work.

32 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah that absolute horseshit. When was the last time you ever heard an announcer accuse a player of taking a dive? Seriously? Fowler needs to be called out for that bullshit. 

He definitely didn’t say shit during the LSU game. Hell, he didn’t even insinuate it. 

Pretty sure it was Rece Davis calling the LSU game with Herbstreet, not Fowler, but your point still remains

37 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Announcers were calling for flags to be thrown against Notre Dame for doing it last night,  they were playing a SEC team, obviously only SEC is allowed to do that shit.

33 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Pretty sure it was Rece Davis calling the LSU game with Herbstreet, not Fowler, but your point still remains

Correct. I wish there way to make Herbie as uncomfortable as possible each time he’s here. Fuck him and I hope tOSU has a Purdue type loss each year until he’s no longer relevant. 

• Like 1