The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

The one certainty in all of this, unbeknownst to dipshit, is Rudy is going to get fucked.  He is getting locked up, and it's either going to be for a little while or until he dies, depending on what he gives up.  He might not see it now, but Trump sure does, and he's going to rip Rudy's head clean off in his fight for survival.    

This same issue with document discovery is hanging him up in the Smartmatic defamation case.  

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/08/media/smartmatic-rudy-giuliani/index.html

It is a little bit tough when the gubmint has seized all your shit.  But the gubmint also put all your shit in a searchable database, so it's still there and arguably easier to get to.

But he owes the database company so much money he can't search it or let his attorneys or opponents do it.

Bwahaha.

This same issue with document discovery is hanging him up in the Smartmatic defamation case.  
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/08/media/smartmatic-rudy-giuliani/index.html
It is a little bit tough when the gubmint has seized all your shit.  But the gubmint also put all your shit in a searchable database, so it's still there and arguably easier to get to.
But he owes the database company so much money he can't search it or let his attorneys or opponents do it.
Bwahaha.

FAFO, Rudy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Whatever happened to the senior staffer that secured that Four Seasons instead of the hotel for the press conference of the decade?  That would make a fascinating documentary or game show.  Gary Coleman could host!  /ripJacobs

Get ready for a wave of stupid.  Apparently some Pennsylvania state court judge threw out a lawsuit against Trump for lying about election stuff that got the maggots all over this person, as they will. The judge that Trump had presidential immunity for talking about the election and dismissed the suit. Here. We Go!
Rudy referring to this in 3….2…..1

• Rage+1 1

The Four Seasons Landscaping thing still gets me.  Every time I see pics or get a reminder about it I just shake my head in awe and disbelief.  How in the ever living fuck could that have been allowed to happen?  It's still flabbergasting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Felix said:

The Four Seasons Landscaping thing still gets me.  Every time I see pics or get a reminder about it I just shake my head in awe and disbelief.  How in the ever living fuck could that have been allowed to happen?  It's still flabbergasting.

The funniest part is that even after they figured out what had happened they decided to run with it rather than finding another venue. The very best people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, tx ind said:

If he needs cash maybe he can do some labor at  a job in his old stomping grounds

image.thumb.jpeg.7777265bfd6d5817cfbede3ddaaa1a58.jpeg

I still can't believe this actually occurred.  This is one of the better moments in several years of awful moments.  Simulation throws us a bone every once in a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I still can't believe this actually occurred.  This is one of the better moments in several years of awful moments.  Simulation throws us a bone every once in a while.

Fun little note on this, see that blue 2 in the signage?  That designates health hazard materials.  So in addition to being next to a dildo shop, Rudy did this press conference in front of hazardous materials.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Fun little note on this, see that blue 2 in the signage?  That designates health hazard materials.  So in addition to being next to a dildo shop, Rudy did this press conference in front of hazardous materials.  

Rudy is hazardous material.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Felix said:

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Did we ever get the real story on that? Last I heard they were still going with "No, really, we chose that location on purpose." 

I still believe it was some staffer who was pissed off for whatever reason, and said "fuck it, you want The Four Seasons, you're getting The Four Seasons".

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I still believe it was some staffer who was pissed off for whatever reason, and said "fuck it, you want The Four Seasons, you're getting The Four Seasons".

Isn't it much more likely that the Four Seasons Hotel asked them for a large cash deposit when they tried to book there?

I thought about Rudy this afternoon and started laughing uncontrollably. Wishing to extend my laughter, I searched YouTube for Rudy videos and watched this interview from his sexual harassment accuser:

Holy shit! He hired her off the books and groomed her for sex and to suck his dick while he was on the phone with Trump. Rudy made her call him "Mr. President."

• Haha 1

I’m sure it’s been discussed but my wife is watching the Netflix series “Painkillers” and she said Rudy was part of Purdue Pharma’s legal team at some point. Found this through Google: https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/rudy-giuliani-helped-purdue-pharma-keep-selling-oxycontin-heres-the-real-story-behind-whats-depicted-in-painkiller-/articleshow/102818507.cms

The new Netflix series "Painkiller" offers a fictionalized retelling of the rise of the powerful opioid OxyContin, depicting the real-life characters involved in manufacturer Purdue Pharma's rapid ascent and subsequent downfall, including America's most infamous mayor himself — Rudy Giuliani.

While certain aspects of the drama series have been embellished or altered amid the Hollywood treatment, Giuliani's legal involvement in the Sackler family sagais rooted in reality.

The former New York City mayor and larger-than-life Trump ally helped Purdue Pharma continue to sell OxyContin even after federal prosecutors sought to make a case that the drug maker misled the public in claiming OxyContin was less addictive than other narcotics on the market.

Hundreds of thousands of people have died from opioid overdoses since the opioid crisis began in the 1990s, fueled at least in part, by OxyContin.

Purdue Pharma hired Giuliani back in 2002, representing the first client his consulting firm ever landed, The New York Times reported in 2007. Then-beloved as the mayor who saw New York City through the September 11 attacks, Giuliani was brought on to convince public officials that Purdue was a trustworthy company, according to the newspaper.

• Like 1

I watched about half of the CNN Rudy doc last night because it happened to be on when I came home.  It's really sad that he literally did all of this just for power.  Purely power.  He got addicted to it with the America's Mayor thing and just didn't know how else to live.  And now he's probably going to die in prison.

• Rage+1 1

On 8/20/2023 at 5:27 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I watched about half of the CNN Rudy doc last night because it happened to be on when I came home.  It's really sad that he literally did all of this just for power.  Purely power.  He got addicted to it with the America's Mayor thing and just didn't know how else to live.  And now he's probably going to die in prison.

B4903D1D-9428-40D1-8C6C-4734FB08267B.gif.86a4a3df8a09095d7f774c2a040feecf.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

On 8/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, C-Man said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed but my wife is watching the Netflix series “Painkillers” and she said Rudy was part of Purdue Pharma’s legal team at some point. Found this through Google: https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/rudy-giuliani-helped-purdue-pharma-keep-selling-oxycontin-heres-the-real-story-behind-whats-depicted-in-painkiller-/articleshow/102818507.cms

You should dig into his work on the Trans-Texas Corridor stuff.  I think at one point he was working for both sides, the state and the private contractors. I could be mistaken,  it his law firm was pretty heavy in it from what I recall. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"So how do you know Two-Chance Chico?"  

"from work."  

this is an amazing timeline.  One of the few times my father cried as an adult, he was working in New Jersey, just across from Ground Zero.  His trucking company asked to start queueing up refrigerated cartons at the Holland Tunnel entrance, in case they were called upon by Mayor Rudy to haul off recovered corpses.  But he was really moved by Rudy's humanity and leadership and grace under pressure.  And now maybe one of the most well-connected lawyers in U.S. history is having to scurry to make bail at a shady West Atlanta bondsman literally located between an animal euthanasia facility and a Family Dollar.  What a time to be alive.

On 8/20/2023 at 6:18 PM, C-Man said:

They must have paid him with product. 

Haven’t seen this mentioned.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rudy-giuliani-jack-smith-donald-trump-jan6-1234814129/

Apparently Jack Smith is looking into how much of a boozer Rudy is and how much Trump knew about it so he can’t really say he was just following the advice of his attorney as an excuse if he knew his attorney was wasted at the time. I want to say the book Fire and Fury mentioned Trump commenting either on Rudy’s drinking or that he’d lost it mentally as a reason why he wasn’t given an actual job in the administration.

Jack Smith’s Team Grilled Witnesses About Rudy Giuliani’s Drinking

The special counsel’s interest in Rudy’s drinking could play a role in undermining one of Trump’s key legal defenses

By Asawin Suebsaeng, Adam Rawnsley
August 29, 2023

Special Counsel Jack Smith’s office has repeatedly grilled witnesses about Rudy Giuliani’s drinking on and after election day, investigating whether Donald Trump was knowingly relying on an inebriated attorney while trying to overturn a presidential election.

In their questioning of multiple witnesses, Smith’s team of federal investigators have asked questions about how seemingly intoxicated Giuliani was during the weeks he was giving Trump advice on how to cling to power, according to a source who’s been in the room with Smith’s team, one witness’s attorney, and a third person familiar with the matter. 

The special counsel’s team has also asked these witnesses if Trump had ever gossiped with them about Giuliani’s drinking habits, and if Trump had ever claimed Giuliani’s drinking impacted his decision making or judgment. Federal investigators have inquired about whether the then-president was warned, including after Election Night 2020, about Giuliani’s allegedly excessive drinking. They have also asked certain witnesses if Trump was told that the former New York mayor was giving him post-election legal and strategic advice while inebriated. 

Furthermore, the special counsel’s office has probed how drunk witnesses and others believed Giuliani to be during specific and consequential moments of the tumultuous Trump-Biden presidential transition. Investigators asked for details that showed precisely how these witnesses knew firsthand the attorney was drinking while counseling Trump on subverting and overturning the 2020 presidential election.

Federal prosecutors often aren’t interested in investigating mere alcohol consumption. But according to lawyers and witnesses who’ve been in the room with special counsel investigators, Smith and his team are interested in this subject because it could help demonstrate that Trump was implementing the counsel of somebody he knew to be under the influence and perhaps not thinking clearly. If that were the case, it could add to federal prosecutors’ argument that Trump behaved with willful recklessness in his attempts nullify the 2020 election — by relying heavily on a lawyer he believed to be working while inebriated, and another who he bashed for spouting “crazy” conspiracy theories that Trump ran with anyway.

And if federal prosecutors were to make this argument in court, it could undermine Trump and his legal team’s “advice of counsel” defense. To avoid legal consequences or even possible prison time, the ex-president is already wielding this legal defense to try to scapegoat lawyers who advised him on overturning the election — even though these attorneys were only acting on Trump’s behalf, or doing what Trump had instructed them to do. 

“In order to rely upon an advice of counsel defense, the defendant has to, number one, have made full disclosure of all material facts to the attorney,” explains Mitchell Epner, a former Assistant United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey. “That requires that the attorney understands what’s being told to them. If you know that your attorney is drunk, that does not count as making full disclosure of all material facts.”

Defendants looking to rely on that defense also have to have “reasonably followed the attorney’s recommended course of conduct in good faith,” according to Epner. “Now if, for example, Trump was getting two sets of advice from an attorney: one before 4 p.m. and when the attorney hadn’t been drinking and a second, much more aggressive set of advice after 4 p.m., when he had been drinking and this was a pattern, it would not be reasonable to rely on the drunk advice.”

Some witnesses told Smith’s team that they saw Giuliani consuming significant quantities of alcohol; some told the special counsel’s office that they could clearly smell alcohol on Giuliani’s breath, including on election night, and that they noticed distinct changes in his demeanor from hours prior, the sources tell Rolling Stone.

Some have already told investigators that they were directly aware of moments when Trump had talked to others about Giuliani’s drinking, and that Trump spoke negatively about his then-top lawyer’s alcohol consumption. (Trump is known for being a longtime teetotaler.)

It goes on into some denials from the Giuliani camp, including a 2021 quote from something Rudy said to NBC: “I’m not an alcoholic, I probably function more effectively than 90 percent of the population.” Right, Rudy, that doesn’t sound at all like something an alcoholic would say.

It continues.

None of this stopped claims of his public drunkenness from entering the public record, in the form of another high-stakes, wide-ranging investigation into the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and Trump’s efforts to cling to power.

Last year, when the House select committee probing the Jan. 6 attack held public hearings, the panel aired video clips of depositions of Trump brass, which included senior Trump adviser Jason Miller telling congressional investigators: “I think the mayor was definitely intoxicated, but I do not know his level of intoxication when he spoke with the president” on Election Night.

When these clips went viral, Giuliani angrily responded in a tweet that he “REFUSED all alcohol that evening,” and that he was “disgusted and outraged at the outright lie.”

• Hook 'Em 1