The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

I hope this is in the first sentence of his obituary after he offs himself. 

Rudy talking now. Says he didn't testify because he was scared of the judge. Also, he has evidence that proves his innocence but hasn't shown it yet because of, again, the scary judge. 

Edited by Red Five
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

So, how exactly does it work when a jury awards more than what the defendant has? Do they get all his worldly possessions, including any stocks, pensions, and whatnot? Is he completely ruined and living on the streets?

Judgment and collection are two vastly different worlds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

So, how exactly does it work when a jury awards more than what the defendant has? Do they get all his worldly possessions, including any stocks, pensions, and whatnot? Is he completely ruined and living on the streets?

I too have this question. Cause they ain’t getting $148 million. 

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Start with his apartment he was selling back in August.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/rudy-giuliani-selling-new-york-city-home-for-6-5-million-ea150b51

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

Judgment and collection are two vastly different worlds.

I understand that and was just wondering out loud as a simple layman to what extent they can collect and how much. I've never been sued, so I don't have a good perspective on this. How aggressive can they get?

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I understand that and was just wondering out loud as a simple layman to what extent they can collect and how much. I've never been sued, so I don't have a good perspective on this. How aggressive can they get?

As aggressive as they want to be.  His "legal" staff is probably scurrying around, trying to see what is in his name vs in a held by a shadow corporation, but even that won't protect him in the end.  
Burn the broke fucker at the stake like a witch.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

What happens is there are additional court procedures by which one can engage in discovery to locate assets and to seize them.  These usually take place in state courts, even with a federal judgment.

One of the fundamental ones is usually called "execution."  First, you take your judgment and record it as a lien in every county where you think Rudy holds property.  Like other liens, he can't dispose of the property without paying off the lien.  That's passive.  But you can also ask the county sheriff or other official according to state law to seize the property and sell it at a "sheriff's sale," very similar to a foreclosure sale on a mortgage.  

There are various other schemes for seizing cash and liquid assets.  if you happen to know where he keeps his accounts/money, that can be very effective and doesn't have the discount problem that sheriff's sales have.

If the defendant is wily or astute, or a flaming dickhead like Alex Jones, s/he will legitimately and illegitimately hold no property in his own name, but rather in trusts and other entities that require extra proof to demonstrate that they are actually the defendant's property.

Collecting a judgment in this manner can be costly and a pain in the ass.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

he has to be their butler 

• Haha 2

And because it's cutoff:

With Cameo, Giuliani Will Pay Off His Judgement In 428 Years.

Rudy Giuliani has been mandated to compensate Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss a sum of $150,000,000 for defamation.

To understand the magnitude of this task, let's consider the effort required if Giuliani were to raise this amount through Cameo messages, with the assumption that he works continuously without breaks, food, or rest.

1.Giuliani is currently pricing his Cameo messages at $20 each.

2. To cover the $150 million in damages, he must compose 7,500,000 messages.

3. However, at a more realistic pace of 2 messages per hour, this endeavor becomes even more daunting. To complete 7,500,000 messages at such a rate, Giuliani would require 3,750,000 hours of continuous work.

4. Considering there are 8,760 hours in a year, completing this massive volume of messages would take approximately 428.08 years, illustrating the sheer scale of the task at hand.

5. That's a lot of Cameo!

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

It's a bitch collecting a judgement even when the defendant has the money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

What happens is there are additional court procedures by which one can engage in discovery to locate assets and to seize them.  These usually take place in state courts, even with a federal judgment.

One of the fundamental ones is usually called "execution."  First, you take your judgment and record it as a lien in every county where you think Rudy holds property.  Like other liens, he can't dispose of the property without paying off the lien.  That's passive.  But you can also ask the county sheriff or other official according to state law to seize the property and sell it at a "sheriff's sale," very similar to a foreclosure sale on a mortgage.  

There are various other schemes for seizing cash and liquid assets.  if you happen to know where he keeps his accounts/money, that can be very effective and doesn't have the discount problem that sheriff's sales have.

If the defendant is wily or astute, or a flaming dickhead like Alex Jones, s/he will legitimately and illegitimately hold no property in his own name, but rather in trusts and other entities that require extra proof to demonstrate that they are actually the defendant's property.

Collecting a judgment in this manner can be costly and a pain in the ass.

As a young banker, my bank had an interest in a failed restaurant.  I drew the short straw and had to attend the sheriff's sale.  What a fucking beating.  Every single thing inventoried and sold auction style.  "In this lot, we have 78 salt shakers".  I'm not kidding.   The stoves, refrigerators, fryers, etc.  Every single thing sold. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

As a young banker, my bank had an interest in a failed restaurant.  I drew the short straw and had to attend the sheriff's sale.  What a fucking beating.  Every single thing inventoried and sold auction style.  "In this lot, we have 78 salt shakers".  I'm not kidding.   The stoves, refrigerators, fryers, etc.  Every single thing sold. 

Most of it going to future failed restaurants, to go on the block again. Ad infinitim 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I say we help Rudy out. Book him for a Surly tailgate. Give him some money to get pummeled by tomatoes, lettuce and eggs. 

Or we have him do cameos praising aggy for their coaching hires, as well as condolence messages every time another player enters the portal.

• Like 1