Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

After Urban chooses the good guys, can we have a pregame with BBQ, McRibs and Whiskey before Future’s big fisting show? I’ll bring some LA BBQ brisket and Maker’s Mark

Might need to hold back that one chick from Nebraska? that DerkaGooOperative tried to score on from tackling FM before his fisting show. 

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Listen, neither of us belong in this thread but why would you post this?

Because Hugo is and has been nothing more than a troll since he joined this board. This is just the first time you've cared.

6 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

New emoji puzzle. He's clearly been trying to indicate something through his tags of random twitter accounts, but I haven't spent much time trying to interpret.

Looks to me like he's referencing surly on the second line, with all the food emojis...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Ok he got lucky at vandy for a couple years. Vandy sucks ass, so does Iowa state. Show the Matt Campbell record vs year over year. If Franklin had them in at least the big ten championship discussion I get it but my god, this is bottom of the barrel. Penn state would pay us to take him right now 

Yeah but what will Tom Herman’s record be??

10 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Man, I used to feel the same one, but have had a hard time finding many that are consistently better except for maybe Matt's El Rancho. 

I like Polvos better, but its not technically Mexican. Lupe is over priced.

Maudies, Trudys, El Mercado, El Arroyo, Baby Acapulcos are all sub chuys.

Fucking Austin.

Matt's El Rancho?

The goddamned Luby's of Tex Mex.  sigh

• Hook 'Em 5

43 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Burrito Macho every day for breakfast.  Corner of Speedway and Dean Keeton circa mid-to-late 90s

That location made me think of the best eggrolls : Long Beach and Saigon Eggrolls from a hot dog like stand. Prolly catmeat, no matter tasted guud.  . Great sauce, 50 c each . (1977-1981).

Ok he got lucky at vandy for a couple years. Vandy sucks ass, so does Iowa state. Show the Matt Campbell record vs year over year. If Franklin had them in at least the big ten championship discussion I get it but my god, this is bottom of the barrel. Penn state would pay us to take him right now 

I say this with all due respect - but that's just fucking stupid.

Also, he won a Big 10 title.

42 minutes ago, UserIdNotFoundException said:

If you hit the right plane then congrats, but your rationale in the original post is extraordinarily weak. Your argument was that the set of F50s having medium dark wood paneling, 4 place club seating in the front, a forward cabin galley, F50-shaped windows, F50 exit doors, and gold air vents contains only two planes. (By the way, the seat configuration isn't the same. The old interior has a stowable table, and the new does not.)

The notion that there aren't all that many of them generally, much fewer registered in Texas was a solid point.  I have to remind myself that small business jets aren't like iphones.  Just not a lot of them.  Back in the day, my dad's company's jet was build #18.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I say this with all due respect - but that's just fucking stupid.

Also, he won a Big 10 title.

Fair, I’m drunk and haven’t looked into the history. I liked Franklin coming out of vandy BUT could you imagine firing Herman with 3 losses for a guy that won one game at penn state? The dude is about to be fired, how does this further our end game. I know he’s not a good in game coach so where’s the positives on this hire?

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Negative. I started when I was in high school but was too much of an idiot to handle that responsibility.

I’ve been around aviation my entire life. I can identify almost anything in the air. I saw a plane take off in Rockport last week and as it went overhead I was like “wow, a Merlin”. Hadn’t seen one of those in 20 years but very distinctive shape.

Not a pilot at all.

Plane spotter. Nice. Got a kids with his eyes to the skies. Cool. Thanks for the reports. 

Fair, I’m drunk and haven’t looked into the history. I liked Franklin coming out of vandy BUT could you imagine firing Herman with 3 losses for a guy that won one game at penn state? The dude is about to be fired, how does this further our end game. I know he’s not a good in game coach so where’s the positives on this hire?

Penn State isn't firing Franklin - he signed a new 6 year deal this spring.  He's coming off 4 straight top 20 seasons (three of those top 10) and he did it with two different QB's - so this isn't a Greg Ward/Teddy Bridgewater situation.   I get that he's far from perfect - he's also not in Urban's universe - but the idea that he somehow has lucked into a decade of success at two different P5 schools is ludicrous.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Exactly. 

"Hey guys, great news -- they're putting a Dickie's in town! Finally, some great Texas barbecue!"

Another oasis in the desert in Florida. I love the southeast sweet pork barbecue but none of those places do brisket worth a shit.  Dickies actually makes beans with jalapeño 

2 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:
17 minutes ago, KYHorn said:
New emoji puzzle. He's clearly been trying to indicate something through his tags of random twitter accounts, but I haven't spent much time trying to interpret.

He's saying they need to check out Surly.

Yeah. Pretty much touches on everything discussed in here. Which one of you is squid?

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So the two top 25 teams at fucking Vanderbilt were just a fever dream?

The three top 10 teams at Penn St and the conference championship were all just luck?

I get that his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired - but he's got a real history of getting results at two P5 teams - and not in the Tom Herman winning one score games and finishing 8-5 kind of way.

I'll give him this he hires a hell of a lot better than herman.  Morehead deserves more credit than Franklin imo. Urban would never go 1-5 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
12 minutes ago, wood said:
Looks to me like he's referencing surly on the second line, with all the food emojis...

Huh, the planes, Vegas, and golf course could be us, too.

Jesus people, he's giving the full timeline of events.  The planes are the flights taking off and arriving.  Have none of you ever interpreted emoticons from a squid before?

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Penn State isn't firing Franklin - he signed a new 6 year deal this spring.  He's coming off 4 straight top 20 seasons (three of those top 10) and he did it with two different QB's - so this isn't a Greg Ward/Teddy Bridgewater situation.   I get that he's far from perfect - he's also not in Urban's universe - but the idea that he somehow has lucked into a decade of success at two different P5 schools is ludicrous.

Ok luck was drunk speak but at the same time is he a proven upgrade that we need to spend money buying out Herman and an entire staff for? No one wants Herman gone more than me but Franklin doesn’t move the needle in the a absolute slightest especially compared to the other cristobals/campbells/fickells of the world. He’s just not it

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

Jesus people, he's giving the full timeline of events.  The planes are the flights taking off and leaving.  Have none of you ever interpreted emoticons from a squid before?

Can you help us interpret this? 🖕🏻

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:
Jesus people, he's giving the full timeline of events.  The planes are the flights taking off and arriving.  Have none of you ever interpreted emoticons from a squid before?

But Wtf is the rose Bowl then? That certainly hasn't come up.

Where is the Rose Bowl held?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic