Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

My guilty pleasure in Austin whenever I get back there is Hula Hut. It’s quasi Tex Mex but I love the Jalapeño ranch dressing.  It goes against all of my healthy eating but fuck if that Pu Pu platter is not awesome. And it has real ribs on it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

May have been mentioned and not sure if he’d know anything but... Mike Golic Sr. Was on today’s Solid Verbal podcast. Matt Leinhart came up in a trivia game and Mike mentioned Matt works for Fox with Urban “who will soon be coaching again. Probably.” Around the 29 minute mark if you want to listen.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

If Herman and CDC talked buy-out, I'm sensing we didn't have another great week of practices...

Everyone coaches for their next job.  That being said; I wouldn’t bet on this game in any form or fashion and I bet on every UT football game.  

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

My guilty pleasure in Austin whenever I get back there is Hula Hut. It’s quasi Tex Mex but I love the Jalapeño ranch dressing.  It goes against all of my healthy eating but fuck if that Pu Pu platter is not awesome. And it has real ribs on it. 

+ Texas Martini at Hula Hut at the bar over the water 😋

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think some on this board realize how big of a deal it is that derpyhorndog correlated flights to Carl’s photo.

what was the genesis of Carl's photo?  I did like that we had a least one guy with a cowboy hat on to give UM the full Varsity Blues/Friday Night Lights/Johnny B Goode flavor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne said:

May have been mentioned and not sure if he’d know anything but... Mike Golic Sr. Was on today’s Solid Verbal podcast. Matt Leinhart came up in a trivia game and Mike mentioned Matt works for Fox with Urban “who will soon be coaching again. Probably.” Around the 29 minute mark if you want to listen.

Look at Wayne with the solid intel. Keep up the great work, y'all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Seeing as how I couldn't keep up with 30 pages of content and maintain employment can you give a Cliff Notes version of what he determined?

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/11946-urban-meyer-or-bust-today-started-on-page-293/&do=findComment&comment=2829604

Sorry didn't embed properly

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
Typo

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Chuy's creamy jalapeno is fucking awesome

Are they the same company? I wish Ft Collins had more Tex Mex options. Really the only thing I miss about living in Texas. 

Edited by Newy25

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

+ Texas Martini at Hula Hut at the bar over the water 😋

Fuck yes. Going there on the boundary months like March/April or late September/October when it’s 70’s ish during the day is the fucking tits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think some on this board realize how big of a deal it is that derpyhorndog correlated flights to Carl’s photo.

So that was the flight they took to meet Urban? So CDC, Hartzell, +2 (at least)...

Edited by TexMexBuddha
Punctuation is important.

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Fuck yes. Going there on the boundary months like March/April or late September/October when it’s 70’s ish during the day is the fucking tits. 

So any and all fast food digusts you but you're on board with Hula Hut and Chuy's?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

We are onto BBQ now?

Kruetz in Lockhart has been great forever.

Franklin's is good...but there is too much good BBQ to wait in line

Snows again good but overhyped.  Its dang good BBQ but nothing is worth some of the waits some of these idiots wait for.

Louie Millers is exceptional especially when they have 44 farms brisket.

Southside BBQ in Elgin is divine especially if you like sausage and ribs 

Coopers in Llano was still dang good last time I had it

Zekes in the booming metropolis of Windthorst makes some very good BBQ

Giddings meat market is good especially if you get the Chicken

None of the Mikeska joints have ever impressed me

County line is gross.

Blacks is ok...

Smittys was decent the one time I ate there

Killens is good

Mt Zion Baptist church in Huntsville cooked some good meat at one time.

Goode Co, Pappas, central Texas, Bill Millers are all garbage.

What?  No Iron Works on Red River?

48 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

No, there were reports of contingency planning early this week. The hive mind concensus then was that was a prudent and smart thing to do. 

I don’t recall these, I recall credible sources discussing who would be plan B but not Plan B contingencies under way.  Fine if I’m wrong I just don’t recall Burton or SI or someone else saying conversations are ongoing with plan B.  That’s what this sounds like. Again if I’m wrong ok.  Getting kinda worn out by it tbqh.

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Dammit I’m on tapatalk and scrolling that far back’ll be a bitch can someone quote me the post!

Here ya go...

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Well, catching up was a beating. Anyways, about carl's plane. Here's the photo he posted earlier this week, passengers supposedly being BMDs.

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

After he posted about it, surly aviation experts (not me) did analysis and concluded it was a smaller jet model likely produced in the 80s or 90s. I believe it this model year 1991 Dassault Falcon 50, Tail No. N98DH. As you'll note, it was in Manhattan, KS yesterday, in Austin this morning, and is now headed to Bermuda Dunes airport - the same airport the plane I was discussing yesterday went last night from Vegas. As mentioned, Urban was reportedly in Vegas yesterday, and Bermuda Dunes airport is 8 miles from Phil Knight's house. 

Back to the plane itself, here are the photos that plane from a website where it was listed for sale - it appears to have been purchased by its current owner in 2015.

https://imgur.com/a/BBcgbAZ

Compare those photos versus the one carl posted. It's clear that the current owner refurbished/renovated the plane since purchase, but the bones are still the same. On the interior, notably the medium dark wood paneling throughout, the 4-place club seating arrangement in the front, the forward-cabin galley, the window shape and the gold-plated air vents. On the exterior, note the 6th-window exit and how that aligns with where the exit sign in carl's photo (top right-hand corner).

If you're still with me, now to whose plane this is. The FAA records show it is TOSGO F50, LLC, FAA-listed address of 9108 Zyle Rd, Austin TX (which looks to be a residential address with a very large plot of land/house). And the same one listed as the registered address with the TX SOS, which shows registered agent at that address is Trey Owen.

Trey is Co-Founder of Austin-based real estate private equity firm JLM Financial Partners. He's not a UT alumnus, but the Managing Director is. Couldn't find the alma mater of the firm's Chairman. So other than the MD, no direct connection between JLM and UT, though they're obviously in Austin (real estate nonetheless), looks like Trey has attended UT galas, etc. 

Another person that was listed as (might still be, unclear) registered agent for the entity is Billey Meyer of Waco, with registered address tied to Texas Aero, a general aviation facility servicing the Waco Regional Airport. Billy is famous drag racer who built the Texas Motorplex in Ennis. Don't know if there's anything to tie out to UT there, but thought it was interesting that he mentions on his company's website how the company did business with President Bush when he'd stop through Waco on the way to Prairie Chapel Ranch.

So, Austin-owned plane that I believe is the one in carl's photo and is on its way to the same airport as the one last night speculated to be carrying UM. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Great find! 

I'm surprised Leinart didn't reflexively say, "Oh, and uh, it was a great win...." just like he did when VY & crew beat his sorry ass for the 2005 MNC. 

That and the dumbass comment Leinart said: ""Well I still think we're the better team, but when you have a freakish player like that...." 

Leinart can go choke down a big bag o' dicks.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

That Chuys/Hula Hut creamy jalapeño dip is easy to make. Recipe is easy to find online.  

Wife replicated it here in CA after some trial and error.  Friends love it.  Would love to have a Chuy's out here though.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic