Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Still one of my favorites and I don't go here if I just want brisket because there is better but the fucking T-Man from Bert's gives me a huge boner. I fucking love it. 

*checks side affects*

yep, that'll happen

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

I enjoyed my brisket at the original Black’s in Lockhart. The Terry Black’s on Barton Springs isn’t bad for “fast food” BBQ. 

In Fort Worth, Heim’s has the best brisket, but the location is a little trendy. Ambience is much better at the Railhead and Angelo’s, but the brisket wasn’t as moist. All worth a try if you are in town. 

I’m a big Heim’s fan when I get up to Fort Worth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

Well, catching up was a beating. Anyways, about carl's plane. Here's the photo he posted earlier this week, passengers supposedly being BMDs.

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

After he posted about it, surly aviation experts (not me) did analysis and concluded it was a smaller jet model likely produced in the 80s or 90s. I believe it this model year 1991 Dassault Falcon 50, Tail No. N98DH. As you'll note, it was in Manhattan, KS yesterday, in Austin this morning, and is now headed to Bermuda Dunes airport - the same airport the plane I was discussing yesterday went last night from Vegas. As mentioned, Urban was reportedly in Vegas yesterday, and Bermuda Dunes airport is 8 miles from Phil Knight's house. 

Back to the plane itself, here are the photos that plane from a website where it was listed for sale - it appears to have been purchased by its current owner in 2015.

https://imgur.com/a/BBcgbAZ

Compare those photos versus the one carl posted. It's clear that the current owner refurbished/renovated the plane since purchase, but the bones are still the same. On the interior, notably the medium dark wood paneling throughout, the 4-place club seating arrangement in the front, the forward-cabin galley, the window shape and the gold-plated air vents. On the exterior, note the 6th-window exit and how that aligns with where the exit sign in carl's photo (top right-hand corner).

If you're still with me, now to whose plane this is. The FAA records show it is TOSGO F50, LLC, FAA-listed address of 9108 Zyle Rd, Austin TX (which looks to be a residential address with a very large plot of land/house). And the same one listed as the registered address with the TX SOS, which shows registered agent at that address is Trey Owen.

Trey is Co-Founder of Austin-based real estate private equity firm JLM Financial Partners. He's not a UT alumnus, but the Managing Director is. Couldn't find the alma mater of the firm's Chairman. So other than the MD, no direct connection between JLM and UT, though they're obviously in Austin (real estate nonetheless), looks like Trey has attended UT galas, etc. 

Another person that was listed as (might still be, unclear) registered agent for the entity is Billey Meyer of Waco, with registered address tied to Texas Aero, a general aviation facility servicing the Waco Regional Airport. Billy is famous drag racer who built the Texas Motorplex in Ennis. Don't know if there's anything to tie out to UT there, but thought it was interesting that he mentions on his company's website how the company did business with President Bush when he'd stop through Waco on the way to Prairie Chapel Ranch.

So, Austin-owned plane that I believe is the one in carl's photo and is on its way to the same airport as the one last night speculated to be carrying UM. 

this is some legit digging, awesome

43 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

If you’ve been following along then you know that thus far the arc of my sense of the Urban saga has basically been: there is mutual interest, maybe this is happening, I don’t think this is happening, this definitively isn’t happening to, finally, a little more optimistic than “not happening” but still not over a 40% chance, at best.

What I‘ve heard today from two separate sources confirms that latest sentiment.

***One source offered their sense of the situation saying that it’s their belief that right now Urban is trying to talk himself into it but that he may not really want to get back into coaching just yet. Source added, “that’s a lot of money (to turn down)”.

***Second source indicates Urban has informally turned down the job now “more than once” but Texas has continued to sweeten the pot.

Taking the above into consideration, you can fully understand how my personal sentiment has developed. Before last week, it seemed possible. I turned very bearish over the weekend because, again, we got the sense that Urban said no. Then late Sunday we got word that the offer had gone out and mid-week we learned that Texas was really going to do whatever they had to which turned me less bearish. Still, hard to be bullish here because you’re dealing with a situation where there are plenty of reasons to take the job but you have a coach who simply may not be ready to coach and seems to have indicated that.

Is 12 million vs 10 million going to change that? Is more control going to change that? Perhaps, but again, you’re betting on an inactive coach deciding to return, once again, to college football. And it’s hard to gauge that.

Good update. I kinda feel like UT gets the sense that it probably won't happen and may be starting plan ahead with Mullen/Franklin etc.

• Fuck You 21

2 minutes ago, hobbs said:

The best place around here, by far, is Bodacious on Mobberly in Longview...it's not even close.  Everything there is top notch.

Country Tavern ribs are okay, but Stanley's ribs are better.  Stanley's sandwiches, especially the Mother Clucker, are strong, but the brisket isn't nearly as good as Bodacious Mobberley.

Pat G's is okay and a fun/different experience, especially if you are nostalgic about it like I am, but the food is average at best.

Or, there's always the McRib, of course.

Adam's bbq in Lakeport is really good too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a hard time believing he's still in the decision making process. It's not like he just started considering whether to coach again on Monday morning, I'm sure he's been thinking about it and discussing with his family what the circumstances would look like for him to come back since the day he stepped down at OSU. He's known Texas was going to likely come knocking since we lost to TCU. He's gotten the biggest contract offer in the history of college football and assurances that he'll get all the institutional support that he asks for. 
He knows, he has to at this point. Whether he's told anyone on either side IDK but non of this has just been sprung on him this week and he's scrambling to make sense of it.

Reverend!

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I always have a panic attack after I get done with a call and I haven't looked at the thread for an hour because it's added 5-10 pages and I think I missed the announcement. 

Then I have to read all fucking posts because I'm a moderator so it takes me another hour to catch up lol.

Oh so that must be when this thread gets off topic

4 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Well, catching up was a beating. Anyways, about carl's plane. Here's the photo he posted earlier this week, passengers supposedly being BMDs.

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

After he posted about it, surly aviation experts (not me) did analysis and concluded it was a smaller jet model likely produced in the 80s or 90s. I believe it this model year 1991 Dassault Falcon 50, Tail No. N98DH. As you'll note, it was in Manhattan, KS yesterday, in Austin this morning, and is now headed to Bermuda Dunes airport - the same airport the plane I was discussing yesterday went last night from Vegas. As mentioned, Urban was reportedly in Vegas yesterday, and Bermuda Dunes airport is 8 miles from Phil Knight's house. 

Back to the plane itself, here are the photos that plane from a website where it was listed for sale - it appears to have been purchased by its current owner in 2015.

Compare those photos versus the one carl posted. It's clear that the current owner refurbished/renovated the plane since purchase, but the bones are still the same. On the interior, notably the medium dark wood paneling throughout, the 4-place club seating arrangement in the front, the forward-cabin galley, the window shape and the gold-plated air vents. On the exterior, note the 6th-window exit and how that aligns with where the exit sign in carl's photo (top right-hand corner).

If you're still with me, now to whose plane this is. The FAA records show it is TOSGO F50, LLC, FAA-listed address of 9108 Zyle Rd, Austin TX (which looks to be a residential address with a very large plot of land/house). And the same one listed as the registered address with the TX SOS, which shows registered agent at that address is Trey Owen.

Trey is Co-Founder of Austin-based real estate private equity firm JLM Financial Partners. He's not a UT alumnus, but the Managing Director is. Couldn't find the alma mater of the firm's Chairman. So other than the MD, no direct connection between JLM and UT, though they're obviously in Austin (real estate nonetheless), looks like Trey has attended UT galas, etc. 

Another person that was listed as (might still be, unclear) registered agent for the entity is Billey Meyer of Waco, with registered address tied to Texas Aero, a general aviation facility servicing the Waco Regional Airport. Billy is famous drag racer who built the Texas Motorplex in Ennis. Don't know if there's anything to tie out to UT there, but thought it was interesting that he mentions on his company's website how the company did business with President Bush when he'd stop through Waco on the way to Prairie Chapel Ranch.

So, Austin-owned plane that I believe is the one in carl's photo and is on its way to the same airport as the one last night speculated to be carrying UM. 

Holy SHIT...wow nice work

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbs said:

The best place around here, by far, is Bodacious on Mobberly in Longview...it's not even close.  Everything there is top notch.

Country Tavern ribs are okay, but Stanley's ribs are better.  Stanley's sandwiches, especially the Mother Clucker, are strong, but the brisket isn't nearly as good as Bodacious Mobberley.

Pat G's is okay and a fun/different experience, especially if you are nostalgic about it like I am, but the food is average at best.

Or, there's always the McRib, of course.

Always love me some Underwoods in Brownwood from a nostalgia point of view.  Rolls are the tits.  Jalapeno German sausage and chicken fried steak are my go-to staple.  Been around since the end of WWII.  

21 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

The corn.  I only go there for the corn and to get replacement Rudy's plastic cups when one hits the heating element in my dishwasher.

Their creamed corn is the best I've had.

J Cody's in College Station, best cream corn I've had and their sides are all you can eat, before covid anyway.

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Still one of my favorites and I don't go here if I just want brisket because there is better but the fucking T-Man from Bert's gives me a huge boner. I fucking love it. 

This is the T Man. Brisket cut into cubes, sliced sausage, beans, jalapeños and some sauce in there.  I don't know why I love it so much but it's crack to me. Anyone had it? spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

Good update. I kinda feel like UT gets the sense that it probably won't happen and may be starting plan ahead with Mullen/Franklin etc.

I get the feeling that you are jealous of Futureman’s fist.  

Edited by stork642

I want to know how tough my fellow posters are.  Yeah, yeah, Johnny Badass is the toughest poster here, but let's shift the conversation.  What animal could you fight to death and win?  No protective gloves or any shit like that.  For me, I think a pit bull.  Anything bigger or more ferocious and I'm probably dead, like one of those Tibetan Chinese dogs would kill me.  Probably a German Shepherd.

Before this gets too out of hand with choices, as I know one of you will say "I could kick that shark that Dan Mullen was mounting's ass on land," the venue could be an octagon.

7 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

So, Palm Springs. I remember noticing early on in the plane tracking that one of the planes that went to LA also made a stop in Palm Springs. Interesting.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

I want to know how tough my fellow posters are.  Yeah, yeah, Johnny Badass is the toughest poster here, but let's shift the conversation.  What animal could you fight to death and win?  No protective gloves or any shit like that.  For me, I think a pit bull.  Anything bigger or more ferocious and I'm probably dead, like one of those Tibetan Chinese dogs would kill me.  Probably a German Shepherd.

Before this gets too out of hand with choices, as I know one of you will say "I could kick that shark that Dan Mullen was mounting's ass on land," the venue could be an octagon.

I am unkillable. Next Question 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

You scare me.  I'm glad you're on the side of the good guys

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

How many days did the Saban saga last without a definite no? (can't really remember). I know this is a completely different situation. 

yes. the problem there is Mack being a raging douche, Jamail backing him being a raging douche and our AD situation being a dumpster fire.

We are onto BBQ now?

Kruetz in Lockhart has been great forever.

Franklin's is good...but there is too much good BBQ to wait in line

Snows again good but overhyped.  Its dang good BBQ but nothing is worth some of the waits some of these idiots wait for.

Louie Millers is exceptional especially when they have 44 farms brisket.

Southside BBQ in Elgin is divine especially if you like sausage and ribs 

Coopers in Llano was still dang good last time I had it

Zekes in the booming metropolis of Windthorst makes some very good BBQ

Giddings meat market is good especially if you get the Chicken

None of the Mikeska joints have ever impressed me

County line is gross.

Blacks is ok...

Smittys was decent the one time I ate there

Killens is good

Mt Zion Baptist church in Huntsville cooked some good meat at one time.

Goode Co, Pappas, central Texas, Bill Millers are all garbage.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

well fuck all that, do they serve BBQ on that flight?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

We are onto BBQ now?

Kruetz in Lockhart has been great forever.

Franklin's is good...but there is too much good BBQ to wait in line

Snows again good but overhyped.  Its dang good BBQ but nothing is worth some of the waits some of these idiots wait for.

Louie Millers is exceptional especially when they have 44 farms brisket.

Southside BBQ in Elgin is divine especially if you like sausage and ribs 

Coopers in Llano was still dang good last time I had it

Zekes in the booming metropolis of Windthorst makes some very good BBQ

Giddings meat market is good especially if you get the Chicken

None of the Mikeska joints have ever impressed me

County line is gross.

Blacks is ok...

Smittys was decent the one time I ate there

Killens is good

Mt Zion Baptist church in Huntsville cooked some good meat at one time.

Goode Co, Pappas, central Texas, Bill Millers are all garbage.

I did forget Kruetz. It is VERY good

5 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I am very good with this being plan B as long as he has a stud DC

I’m now 5 hours and 16 pages behind on this godforsaken page, and I am 100% on the Urban train, but should it come to going for Mullen, he does have Tim Brewster on his staff, and Brew has wanted to come back to Austin for a long time. He expected Fuckface Herman to hire him, but he didn’t. Tom hired one of his buddies to coach TEs, and we see how that turned out.

40 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I’m a big pappasitos guy if we are talking chains, or the original Ninfas on navigation 

My favorite job I've had so far was waiting tables at Sito's while attending UT. Loved everything about it. The worst texmex I've ever had was so good I couldn't stand it, so I like all kinds of texmex, but my favorite texmex restaurant above all of them remains Sito's. I know that's probably heresy, but fuck it.

15 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

Someone should research the Trey Owen guy. There's an outside shot that he's the dude who led the purchase of Inside Texas recently. Not sure if it's public. Obviously, if it is him, holy fucking shit. If not, my bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I have eaten a LOT of brisket in my life and nothing holds a candle to it. If you can’t handle the wait Terry Blacks is the next best alternative. Pinkertons is easily the GOAT in Houston though and has the best ribs I’ve ever had in my life

Franklin's is good. It's just not wait multiple hours good.

This is the T Man. Brisket cut into cubes, sliced sausage, beans, jalapeños and some sauce in there.  I don't know why I love it so much but it's crack to me. Anyone had it? 

Yeah, I used to smoke it with the other hood rats when I lived near Garfield Park up in Chicago.  Wait, you were talking about the barbecue, weren't you?  Never mind.

5 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You scare me.  I'm glad you're on the side of the good guys

Ha, not the first time I've gotten that in this thread. This coaching search just has my interest like everyone else and the plane stuff is a fun way to pass the time between burgers/worst town/BBQ discussion and actual developments.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic