Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

So what the hell is a scenario 3.5? Why is there a half scenario? This sounds exactly like some made up fan fiction that's being passed off as "inside information." 
I suppose that accurately describes 9.95 sites. 

Explained further up - but basically means not Matt Campbell and not Dabo.  An in-between guy.

I've seen where some guys call BBQ they dislike 'inedible'.

If you must insist...

I said one time I went to Pinkerton’s and it was inedible because the brisket was 90% fat that wasn’t rendered. I never, ever order lean brisket as a point of reference.

Please meet me at dawn in the bbq thread. Your choice, pistols or swords. I am guessing you will choose the sword fight. I hope you showered.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per IT:

I didn’t want to bury this on page 11 and it’s not worth its own thread:

“We think they have two Scenario 3.5 guys to credibly pursue. Good coaches we’d be excited about. 

I talked to a connected guy today about the plan b’s. He said, “let’s see how the next couple days go before we worry about them.” 

- Eric

What is scenario 3.5?

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don’t think so....the last sentence of that update says it all IMO and what we’ve all known about it 

First solid read that Texas has plan B in process that I’ve seen. That suggests it is a maybe not yes, hush hush. I was thinking it might be a yes, hush hush. Not sure what I think at the moment. 

47 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

This is the T Man. Brisket cut into cubes, sliced sausage, beans, jalapeños and some sauce in there.  I don't know why I love it so much but it's crack to me. Anyone had it? spacer.png

^^

I know...hard to keep up with the thread. I had it for lunch today.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

If you must insist...

I said one time I went to Pinkerton’s and it was inedible because the brisket was 90% fat that wasn’t rendered. I never, ever order lean brisket as a point of reference.

Please meet me at dawn in the bbq thread. Your choice, pistols or swords. I am guessing you will choose the sword fight. I hope you showered.

Sword fight?  Is that what you fellas call jiujitsu these days? 😳

2 minutes ago, troph said:

First solid read that Texas has plan B in process that I’ve seen. That suggests it is a maybe not yes, hush hush. I was thinking it might be a yes, hush hush. Not sure what I think at the moment. 

No, there were reports of contingency planning early this week. The hive mind concensus then was that was a prudent and smart thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

No idea. The owner(s) have their hands in TONs of different kinds of businesses both in and outside of TX, so best guess would be something related to that/ wth knows. But the main part of the post was the ownership and belief that it's the glizzy plane, the CA destination is a kicker. 

Yeah actually I'd be willing to bet they were visiting Planet Fitnesses. Not going to dig deeper myself but press release from their private equity deal says they have locations in all those states

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

If you must insist...

But of course! First we will dine on fine cuisine provided by yours truly. We will sing and dance, and only after much rejoicing, we will commence our duel, defending our honor to the death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

This is the T Man. Brisket cut into cubes, sliced sausage, beans, jalapeños and some sauce in there.  I don't know why I love it so much but it's crack to me. Anyone had it? spacer.png

Back in the day, I lived walking distance from the WC location.  Ate many a T-man (turbo was best, of course).....even took a few dates out to dinner there.  I was a classy big spender.

14 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Only for people who have spent at least one morning south of New Braunfels.

not true. spent my high school years working construction (Cleburne, south of Fort Worth). the Mexicans would bring me in those delicious tacos their wives made. 

Edited by tejas60

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

SIAP. Even though Clay Travis is an asshat, he said today it's very likely Urban ends up at Texas. A little interesting since he's tied into Fox Sports. Still take it with a huge grain of salt considering who we're talking about 

Once you lay it all out, it makes the most logical sense that Urban would accept the Texas gig unless he really and truly is done with coaching.

• He's currently not coaching anywhere therefore there is no buyout
  • He appears eager to return to coaching based on throwing his hat in the ring for the Cowboys gig last year and posturing for Texas or USC opportunity -- ND isn't coming open any time soon and I don't think his strengths would be put to good use (if any) in the NFL
  • Texas gig looks like it's about to be open due to Herman's underachieving
  • Texas is a Top 5 all-time program in nearly every metric though it has underachieved for 10 years and really save for a 5-year run in the '00s, it has underachieved since the early 80's
  • Texas is in one of the most fertile recruiting areas of the country
  • EDIT #2: At Texas, he'd be competing in an extremely winnable conference (beat your arch-rival OU and it almost certainly means conference championship)
  • Texas is poised to offer him the highest contract ever given to a college coach
  • Texas is currently coached by an asshat who used to work for him and who he probably partially blames for his less-than-graceful departure from Ohio State
  • Same asshat also helped single-handedly killed the career of Zach Smith, who Urban no doubt was helping due to relationship to Smith's grandad Earle Bruce (fuck Zach Smith, though)
  • EDIT: Based on the two points above, I think it might be very satisfying for Urban to take the asshat's job and then win bigly here
  • Texas officials appear too be agreeing to every single one of his demands as it pertains to the football program
  • Columbus is a cool town but let's face it: Austin >>>>> Columbus (and Ohio for fuck's sake)
  • Who is to say USC is open even next year? Weird shit happens and the Trojans are 3-0.
  • Urban could become the first CFB coach to win a national title for three difference collegiate programs if he bags one at Texas

I know I'm missing a bullet-point or two but you get the gist of it.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Back in the day, I lived walking distance from the WC location.  Ate many a T-man (turbo was best, of course).....even took a few dates out to dinner there.  I was a classy big spender.

I take it these dates included some serious pipe laying after dinner?

11 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I hate all of you and abstain from BBQ talk.The best BBQ i can get within several miles is the mediocre shit I make.

I will say I love Salt Lick even though some of you go full Newy25 about that place.

Salt lick, that’s the place with McRibs right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Once you lay it all out, it makes the most logical sense that Urban would accept the Texas gig unless he really and truly is done with coaching.

• He appears eager to return to coaching based on throwing his hat in the ring for the Cowboys gig last year and posturing for Texas or USC opportunity -- ND isn't coming open any time soon and I don't think his strengths would be put to good use (if any) in the NFL
  • Texas is a Top 5 all-time program in nearly every metric though it has underachieved for 10 years and really save for a 5-year run in the '00s, it has underachieved since the early 80's
  • Texas is poised to offer him the highest contract ever given to a college coach
  • Texas is currently coached by an asshat who used to work for him and who he probably partially blames for his less-than-graceful departure from Ohio State
  • Same asshat also helped single-handedly killed the career of Zach Smith, who Urban no doubt was helping due to relationship to Smith's grandad Earle Bruce (fuck Zach Smith, though)
  • Texas officials appear too agreeing to every single one of his demands as it pertains to the football program
  • Columbus is a cool town but let's face it: Austin >>>>> Columbus (and Ohio for fuck's sake)
  • Who is to say USC is open even next year? Weird shit happens and the Trojans are 3-0.
  • Urban could become the first CFB coach to win a national title for three difference collegiate programs if he bags one at Texas

you only missed "sticking it up Herman's ass."

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ballrific said:

Can't wait till this thread is on "Plan C" along with chatter about chili with beans...

I know what Scenarios 1, 2, 3, 3.5 and 4 are ... I just hope we don't get around to trying to work up a #6 on this coaching search.

tenor.gif?itemid=14349240

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

• Texas officials appear too agreeing to every single one of his demands as it pertains to the football program

No State Taxes.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic