Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My favorite job I've had so far was waiting tables at Sito's while attending UT. Loved everything about it. The worst texmex I've ever had was so good I couldn't stand it, so I like all kinds of texmex, but my favorite texmex restaurant above all of them remains Sito's. I know that's probably heresy, but fuck it.

Someone should research the Trey Owen guy. There's an outside shot that he's the dude who led the purchase of Inside Texas recently. Not sure if it's public. Obviously, if it is him, holy fucking shit. If not, my bad.

Paging @derpyhorndog and @CenTex Hill Billy

11 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Well, catching up was a beating. Anyways, about carl's plane. Here's the photo he posted earlier this week, passengers supposedly being BMDs.

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

After he posted about it, surly aviation experts (not me) did analysis and concluded it was a smaller jet model likely produced in the 80s or 90s. I believe it this model year 1991 Dassault Falcon 50, Tail No. N98DH. As you'll note, it was in Manhattan, KS yesterday, in Austin this morning, and is now headed to Bermuda Dunes airport - the same airport the plane I was discussing yesterday went last night from Vegas. As mentioned, Urban was reportedly in Vegas yesterday, and Bermuda Dunes airport is 8 miles from Phil Knight's house. 

Back to the plane itself, here are the photos that plane from a website where it was listed for sale - it appears to have been purchased by its current owner in 2015.

https://imgur.com/a/BBcgbAZ

Compare those photos versus the one carl posted. It's clear that the current owner refurbished/renovated the plane since purchase, but the bones are still the same. On the interior, notably the medium dark wood paneling throughout, the 4-place club seating arrangement in the front, the forward-cabin galley, the window shape and the gold-plated air vents. On the exterior, note the 6th-window exit and how that aligns with where the exit sign in carl's photo (top right-hand corner).

If you're still with me, now to whose plane this is. The FAA records show it is TOSGO F50, LLC, FAA-listed address of 9108 Zyle Rd, Austin TX (which looks to be a residential address with a very large plot of land/house). And the same one listed as the registered address with the TX SOS, which shows registered agent at that address is Trey Owen.

Trey is Co-Founder of Austin-based real estate private equity firm JLM Financial Partners. He's not a UT alumnus, but the Managing Director is. Couldn't find the alma mater of the firm's Chairman. So other than the MD, no direct connection between JLM and UT, though they're obviously in Austin (real estate nonetheless), looks like Trey has attended UT galas, etc. 

Another person that was listed as (might still be, unclear) registered agent for the entity is Billey Meyer of Waco, with registered address tied to Texas Aero, a general aviation facility servicing the Waco Regional Airport. Billy is famous drag racer who built the Texas Motorplex in Ennis. Don't know if there's anything to tie out to UT there, but thought it was interesting that he mentions on his company's website how the company did business with President Bush when he'd stop through Waco on the way to Prairie Chapel Ranch.

So, Austin-owned plane that I believe is the one in carl's photo and is on its way to the same airport as the one last night speculated to be carrying UM. 

Thoughts on the SEVEN stops in rural MO and AR since being in Manhattan? Urban Meyer aside, who the heck would have an itinerary like this 

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I want to know how tough my fellow posters are.  Yeah, yeah, Johnny Badass is the toughest poster here, but let's shift the conversation.  What animal could you fight to death and win?  No protective gloves or any shit like that.  For me, I think a pit bull.  Anything bigger or more ferocious and I'm probably dead, like one of those Tibetan Chinese dogs would kill me.  Probably a German Shepherd.

Before this gets too out of hand with choices, as I know one of you will say "I could kick that shark that Dan Mullen was mounting's ass on land," the venue could be an octagon.

Immediately I think of RIP Shane Dronett (Texas letterman, NFL sack artist) from Bridge City, who used to wrestle alligators for fun
He broke his hand beating up aggy lineman John Ellisor during one spring break. That's how much of a badass Shane was. Another famous Texas #81, this time at DE.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I’m a big Heim’s fan when I get up to Fort Worth.

Ugggh... Heim's is so overrated. It's a complete gamble whether you get good brisket or shit brisket. If they were consistent, then I'd be a bigger fan. Their BBQ sides are really good; just think they're brisket quality has gone downhill.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My favorite job I've had so far was waiting tables at Sito's while attending UT. Loved everything about it. The worst texmex I've ever had was so good I couldn't stand it, so I like all kinds of texmex, but my favorite texmex restaurant above all of them remains Sito's. I know that's probably heresy, but fuck it.

Someone should research the Trey Owen guy. There's an outside shot that he's the dude who led the purchase of Inside Texas recently. Not sure if it's public. Obviously, if it is him, holy fucking shit. If not, my bad.

Pappasitos...the montequilla with the fajitas just takes it up a notch. I actually love the beef nachos, who knew a single chip with strips of beef, beans and cheese could be so good

and yes this is what I’m looking for. If that really is the case, IT has better intel than we could ever imagine

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, senorfussybutt said:

Ugggh... Heim's is so overrated. It's a complete gamble whether you get good brisket or shit brisket. If they were consistent, then I'd be a bigger fan. Their BBQ sides are really good; just think they're brisket quality has gone downhill.

Agreed.  It was much better when they were working out of the food truck 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Your next assignment, should you choose to accept it @derpyhorndog

16 minutes ago, hobbs said:

The best place around here (Tyler area), by far, is Bodacious on Mobberly in Longview...it's not even close.  Everything there is top notch.

Country Tavern ribs are okay, but Stanley's ribs are better.  Stanley's sandwiches, especially the Mother Clucker, are strong, but the brisket isn't nearly as good as Bodacious Mobberley.

Pat G's is okay and a fun/different experience, especially if you are nostalgic about it like I am, but the food is average at best.

Or, there's always the McRib, of course.

For some reason I'm always kind of surprised at the amount of Tyler/ETX people on the board. Anyway, this is a strong East Texas BBQ take. When I lived there Country Tavern is just ok. Cool enough spot but the food never lived up to the hype. I actually think Stanley's brisket is pretty below average but their sandwiches are fucking great, always grab one when I'm back in town.

Original Bodacious on Mobberly is the best and any mix-ups when somebody says they are brining Bodacious and they show with food from one of the shitty Tyler locations is always tragic.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Update from Eric:

I didn’t want to bury this on page 11 and it’s not worth its own thread:

“We think they have two Scenario 3.5 guys to credibly pursue. Good coaches we’d be excited about.

I talked to a connected guy today about the plan b’s. He said, “let’s see how the next couple days go before we worry about them.”

- Eric

Good news indeed. 

58 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Best Mexican Food in Texas? Dont neg me.....but The Original Mexican Cafe in Galveston. Same owners, same family since 1916. 

I just want to bring this back from 4 pages ago to say go f everyone who recommended this place last time I was in Galveston. That was some mayo burger horseshit. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per IT:

“We think they have two Scenario 3.5 guys to credibly pursue. Good coaches we’d be excited about. 

I talked to a connected guy today about the plan b’s. He said, “let’s see how the next couple days go before we worry about them.” 

- Eric

Mullen and who?  Cristobal?  IT has already reported Matt Campbell isn't an option.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Pappasitos...the montequilla with the fajitas just takes it up a notch. I actually love the beef nachos, who knew a single chip with strips of beef, beans and cheese could be so good

and yes this is what I’m looking for. If that really is the case, IT has better intel than we could ever imagine

#TeamPappasito's. Agree re: the mAntequilla.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per IT:

- Eric

r8MZLrl.gif?noredirect

Its' Happening on Sunday!

Edited by DanTheHorn

Best BBQ I ever had was in a shitty gas station off IH45 North of Centerville. 

The weather was rolling in so the wife and I pulled in to look at the double rainbows and there it was.  Like an angel emerging from the mist it called to us.  I don't remember the town or the name of the place.  We wandered in like a dreamscape and ordered a pound of brisket and a pound of turkey.  There was pie.  It was divine.  It stalked my dreams for the next several months until we resolved to find it again.  As we drove through Centerville, Buffalo, and whatever other crappy towns are around there we became increasingly agitated until we realized that we weren't going to find it.  It was as if the curtains of reality briefly parted and showed us a divine truth then closed, never to reveal the secret ever again.  Someday, when I pass from this mortal coil, perhaps my wife and I shall be reunited in this place again for all time, destined to feast for eternity.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per IT:

- Eric

That is a good update and I will gladly take a 3.5 guy now. 3.5 meaning that they aren’t Matt Campbell (3) and they aren’t Dabo Swinney (4) for those that haven’t kept up with IT. 3.5 sounds like Dan Mullen type

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

User name checks out.

Edited by Horn80

Who else here remembers Jaime’s!!! About two blocks walking distance from the FEC??

About the only thing wrong with Jaime’s is you had to walk outside to pee in the “courtyard bathrooms”.

Their Sangarita “swirl” within their margaritas were legit from the late 80s to mid 90s!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

For some reason I'm always kind of surprised at the amount of Tyler/ETX people on the board. Anyway, this is a strong East Texas BBQ take. When I lived there Country Tavern is just ok. Cool enough spot but the food never lived up to the hype. I actually think Stanley's brisket is pretty below average but their sandwiches are fucking great, always grab one when I'm back in town.

Original Bodacious on Mobberly is the best and any mix-ups when somebody says they are brining Bodacious and they show with food from one of the shitty Tyler locations is always tragic.

I would have never guessed that particular Bodacious was anything special.  I’ll go by there next week.  

24 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Well, catching up was a beating. Anyways, about carl's plane. Here's the photo he posted earlier this week, passengers supposedly being BMDs.

imgur.com/a/SAAbUzU

After he posted about it, surly aviation experts (not me) did analysis and concluded it was a smaller jet model likely produced in the 80s or 90s. I believe it this model year 1991 Dassault Falcon 50, Tail No. N98DH. As you'll note, it was in Manhattan, KS yesterday, in Austin this morning, and is now headed to Bermuda Dunes airport - the same airport the plane I was discussing yesterday went last night from Vegas. As mentioned, Urban was reportedly in Vegas yesterday, and Bermuda Dunes airport is 8 miles from Phil Knight's house. 

Back to the plane itself, here are the photos that plane from a website where it was listed for sale - it appears to have been purchased by its current owner in 2015.

https://imgur.com/a/BBcgbAZ

Compare those photos versus the one carl posted. It's clear that the current owner refurbished/renovated the plane since purchase, but the bones are still the same. On the interior, notably the medium dark wood paneling throughout, the 4-place club seating arrangement in the front, the forward-cabin galley, the window shape and the gold-plated air vents. On the exterior, note the 6th-window exit and how that aligns with where the exit sign in carl's photo (top right-hand corner).

If you're still with me, now to whose plane this is. The FAA records show it is TOSGO F50, LLC, FAA-listed address of 9108 Zyle Rd, Austin TX (which looks to be a residential address with a very large plot of land/house). And the same one listed as the registered address with the TX SOS, which shows registered agent at that address is Trey Owen.

Trey is Co-Founder of Austin-based real estate private equity firm JLM Financial Partners. He's not a UT alumnus, but the Managing Director is. Couldn't find the alma mater of the firm's Chairman. So other than the MD, no direct connection between JLM and UT, though they're obviously in Austin (real estate nonetheless), looks like Trey has attended UT galas, etc. 

Another person that was listed as (might still be, unclear) registered agent for the entity is Billey Meyer of Waco, with registered address tied to Texas Aero, a general aviation facility servicing the Waco Regional Airport. Billy is famous drag racer who built the Texas Motorplex in Ennis. Don't know if there's anything to tie out to UT there, but thought it was interesting that he mentions on his company's website how the company did business with President Bush when he'd stop through Waco on the way to Prairie Chapel Ranch.

So, Austin-owned plane that I believe is the one in carl's photo and is on its way to the same airport as the one last night speculated to be carrying UM. 

Also, I'm loosely familiar with JLM and believe it's primarily the family office for Larry Meyer (the Chairman you mention - JLM is probably his initials). He previously ran and sold the largest chain of Planet Fitnesses. Likely his plane.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I have eaten a LOT of brisket in my life and nothing holds a candle to it. If you can’t handle the wait Terry Blacks is the next best alternative. Pinkertons is easily the GOAT in Houston though and has the best ribs I’ve ever had in my life

Same -- and I haven't had it since he was operating out of the trailer off I-35. A very, very close second for me was the brisket at Lewis Barbecue in Charleston, SC. He, of course, was at LA BBQ and I think worked with Aaron somewhere along the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Best TexMex you’ll probably never eat (due to location) is Lala’s Cafe in Miranda City, Tx. There are Lala’s Mexican Restaurants in other parts of the state………but they are unrelated. Middle of nowhere…but come lunchtime the town population trebles.

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hmm, I never would have guessed CTJ would be a hardcore pappasitos fan.

I don’t think I have been in about 8 years. Perfectly serviceable but not my first, second or third choice. I wouldn’t turn it down though if someone was paying.

He loves Pappasitos almost as much as he hates Cheerios.

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That is a good update and I will gladly take a 3.5 guy now. 3.5 meaning that they aren’t Matt Campbell (3) and they aren’t Dabo Swinney (4) for those that haven’t kept up with IT. 3.5 sounds like Dan Mullen type

Why would you gladly take a 3.5 now?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic