Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

44 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I've been once since I moved and am really close by. It wasn't bad but it didn't blow my dick off. I'll need to try it again. The Korean BBQ place next door was pretty amazing, Charm BBQ.

There used to be a Mexican restaurant in Corpus Christi called Ray's that I remember going to every time my parents went to visit family there.

I would assume COVID is reeking havoc on food these days. I’d wait til the spring to give it a rating.

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pappasitos...the montequilla with the fajitas just takes it up a notch. I actually love the beef nachos, who knew a single chip with strips of beef, beans and cheese could be so good

and yes this is what I’m looking for. If that really is the case, IT has better intel than we could ever imagine

Best TexMex used to be the RoundUp in Pharr Texas.  That Botana platter was world famous.  Also El Pato tacos in next door McAllen were the greatest food ever invented for $2.  Course I'm old as dirt and haven't been to the valley in 20 years,  and the RoundUp is now closed,  so this adds no value.   Also Salt and Pepper only like Franklin for brisket and dry brine Turkeys (Wet brining wastes too much for little return).  Carry on.

Edited by TheAuditor
  • Hook 'Em 1

Far be it for me to tell people how to surly, but I’ve had great success the past two days checking this thread every couple hours by clicking on the current page and reading it, and skipping the pages between the last post I read and the current page. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I would have never guessed that particular Bodacious was anything special.  I’ll go by there next week.  

The dude that put the Mobberly Bodacious back on the map was hitting the sauce pretty hard and finally it caught up to him. He had groomed a successor for the joint but basically ghosted on him and his family. He now works for Franklin in Austin after rehab stints. Texas Monthly wrote a piece on it recently - too lazy to find the link tho.

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dude's involved in a lot of stuff but can't find anything concrete. And doesn't appear that the new ownership group at IT was made public other than that it's "a small group of successful professionals, whose expertise spans world-wide entertainment, law, investment banking, and sports marketing."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Clay said:

The dude that put the Mobberly Bodacious back on the map was hitting the sauce pretty hard and finally it caught up to him. He had groomed a successor for the joint but basically ghosted on him and his family. He now works for Franklin in Austin after rehab stints. Texas Monthly wrote a piece on it recently - too lazy to find the link tho.

Wait, the mobberly location is back to shit?

Just now, derpyhorndog said:

Dude's involved in a lot of stuff but can't find anything concrete. And doesn't appear that the new ownership group at IT was made public other than that it's "a small group of successful professionals, whose expertise spans world-wide entertainment, law, investment banking, and sports marketing."

We paid for a more detailed report than that. 

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

That sounds like Prestige Worldwide!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I tried Giddings Meat Market a couple of years ago. It was garbage. Couldn’t finish nor could my Pops.

There was some other BBQ joint that closed down more than 5 years ago in Giddings that had horrible brisket, but their BBQ sausage was great, so we'd just buy their sausage. It wasn't Giddings Meat Market, but I can't remember the name of the place.

22 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If you're not putting eggs in there then it is just a fucking taco. Youre eating lunch for breakfast and that's insanity  it's really fucked up. 

Bean and cheese tacos have been a breakfast staple for years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Who else here remembers Jaime’s!!! About two blocks walking distance from the FEC??

About the only thing wrong with Jaime’s is you had to walk outside to pee in the “courtyard bathrooms”.

Their Sangarita “swirl” within their margaritas were legit from the late 80s to mid 90s!

Enchiladas y mas owner is related to Jaimes owner. I take that back. He is related to Jorges owner. Jaimes was where Stubbs is now

Edited by Bevo

22 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Thoughts on the SEVEN stops in rural MO and AR since being in Manhattan? Urban Meyer aside, who the heck would have an itinerary like this 

No idea. The owner(s) have their hands in TONs of different kinds of businesses both in and outside of TX, so best guess would be something related to that/ wth knows. But the main part of the post was the ownership and belief that it's the glizzy plane, the CA destination is a kicker. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Who else here remembers Jaime’s!!! About two blocks walking distance from the FEC??

About the only thing wrong with Jaime’s is you had to walk outside to pee in the “courtyard bathrooms”.

Their Sangarita “swirl” within their margaritas were legit from the late 80s to mid 90s!

Was Jaime's the place that had a bunch of broken glass glued atop the outer brick walls. A buddy of mine cut his hands up something fierce trying to drunkenly go over it one night IIRC.

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

motherofgod.jpg

world-wide entertainment? Rogan

law? Jackson Walker

Investment Banking? JLM

Sports Marketing? who cares, 3 out of 4

The data points are aligning. 

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic