1. Franklin- The goat

2. Pinkertons- ribs and he’s a huge horn fan, always on IT

3. Snows BBQ- Worth the wait and gotta meet miss Tootsie

4. Terry Blacks- Brisket and beef ribs and typically no wait

5. Tejas Chocolate- Chile relleno sausage is the best in Texas

6. La barbecue- great brisket

7. Truth BBQ- number three in Houston for me

8. Coopers- always a winner

9. Feges BBQ- you’ve probably never heard of them but they are incredible. My office gets them catered once a week. If you’re in Houston hit them up, rona hurt them bad

10. My house- all of surly is welcome...well mostly all

We covered this two days and several thousand posts ago, but Coopers isn't very good any more.

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

I like Rudy's breakfast tacos, but I never thought their BBQ was anything great -- I haven't had it in over a year.  Rudy's used to be known for that super-hot hot sauce they made, but I haven't had any since they stopped advertising it, and that was over a decade ago.

It is not. Their breakfast tacos are great however. Anyone with a smoker and a pulse can make better bbq, especially brisket

Talks about tracking flights, and hotel room pictures at beginning. 😂😂😂

If no Urban, later mentions Mullen and Brian Kelly -- guess their agents trying to get raises.   Also kinda jokes about Cristobal and Fickell.  

Texas & Urban Meyer - Friday Update (Late Kick Cut)

Edited by LTtxfan

TFB

If you’ve been following along then you know that thus far the arc of my sense of the Urban saga has basically been: there is mutual interest, maybe this is happening, I don’t think this is happening, this definitively isn’t happening to, finally, a little more optimistic than “not happening” but still not over a 40% chance, at best.

What I‘ve heard today from two separate sources confirms that latest sentiment.

***One source offered their sense of the situation saying that it’s their belief that right now Urban is trying to talk himself into it but that he may not really want to get back into coaching just yet. Source added, “that’s a lot of money (to turn down)”.

***Second source indicates Urban has informally turned down the job now “more than once” but Texas has continued to sweeten the pot.

Taking the above into consideration, you can fully understand how my personal sentiment has developed. Before last week, it seemed possible. I turned very bearish over the weekend because, again, we got the sense that Urban said no. Then late Sunday we got word that the offer had gone out and mid-week we learned that Texas was really going to do whatever they had to which turned me less bearish. Still, hard to be bullish here because you’re dealing with a situation where there are plenty of reasons to take the job but you have a coach who simply may not be ready to coach and seems to have indicated that.

Is 12 million vs 10 million going to change that? Is more control going to change that? Perhaps, but again, you’re betting on an inactive coach deciding to return, once again, to college football. And it’s hard to gauge that.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, hobbs said:

Have heard it's really good and will be checking it out.  Have driven by it several times, but it's hard for me to stop when Mueller's is right down the road a bit.

I first heard of it when Texas Monthly did some bracket challenge thing and it got eliminated by Franklin in the semis  

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/snows-bbq-wins-2019-readers-choice-bracket/

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

We covered this two days and several thousand posts ago, but Coopers isn't very good any more.

Oh damn, it’s been years but when I went it was really good. Maybe didn’t match the hype but was great. When did it go downhill?

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Talks about tracking flights, and hotel room pictures at beginning. 😂😂😂

If no Urban, later mentions Mullen and Brian Kelly -- guess their agents trying to get raises.   Also kinda jokes about Cristobal and Fickell.  

Fuck everything if Brian Kelly is involved. 

seriously, I’ll fight someone 

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

And use the curtain shots from us. In explaining the lies and subterfuge. The curtain shot heard round the world. What starts here...mofos! Lmao! Love it. 

also, Arby’s is chupacabra meat. It is. Mayo on chupacabra meat is just asking for you to be the devil’s chew toy. If you think the last ten years of Texas football was bad...

Wife has her Master’s degree in Nutrition Science.  Never.  Eat.  Arby’s.  

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Of all the nonsense that has been posted in this thread, someone saying Franklin's brisket tastes off takes the fucking cake.  I would suggest you stick to Arby's.

No doubt a cocksucker who orders a dozen cocktails to try and get the taste out of their mouth.  

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My top ten barbecue joints in Texas?...glad you asked

1. Franklin- The goat

9. Feges BBQ- you’ve probably never heard of them but they are incredible. My office gets them catered once a week. If you’re in Houston hit them up, rona hurt them bad

No Dickey's or Coopers? 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

If you’ve been following along then you know that thus far the arc of my sense of the Urban saga has basically been: there is mutual interest, maybe this is happening, I don’t think this is happening, this definitively isn’t happening to, finally, a little more optimistic than “not happening” but still not over a 40% chance, at best.

***One source offered their sense of the situation saying that it’s their belief that right now Urban is trying to talk himself into it but that he may not really want to get back into coaching just yet. Source added, “that’s a lot of money (to turn down)”.

***Second source indicates Urban has informally turned down the job now “more than once” but Texas has continued to sweeten the pot.

Taking the above into consideration, you can fully understand how my personal sentiment has developed. Before last week, it seemed possible. I turned very bearish over the weekend because, again, we got the sense that Urban said no. Then late Sunday we got word that the offer had gone out and mid-week we learned that Texas was really going to do whatever they had to which turned me less bearish. Still, hard to be bullish here because you’re dealing with a situation where there are plenty of reasons to take the job but you have a coach who simply may not be ready to coach and seems to have indicated that.

Is 12 million vs 10 million going to change that? Is more control going to change that? Perhaps, but again, you’re betting on an inactive coach deciding to return, once again, to college football. And it’s hard to gauge that.

stick to recruiting, TFB.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My top ten barbecue joints in Texas?...glad you asked

1. Franklin- The goat

This is a solid list especially at #6 but you need to get up to Cattleack in Farmers Branch or Lockhart Smokehouse in Oak Cliff or Plano.

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Reminder, they probably don’t know shit and a definitive “NO” would have been heard by way more people by now

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

This.

I miss when everybody hated us but they fucking dreaded playing us.  

Remember the VY days when Okie St blew huge leads and had to console themselves that the final score was closer than it was supposed to be?  

Remember when we'd look at the schedule and say, "OU and Ohio State will be tough, so 10-2 at worst"?

We need to remind some teams who they are and who we are.  Bring in Urban and let's go Keyser Soze on this whole garbage conference.

Nebraska left to get away from Texas and so did little brother in B/CS

The centrifugal force of this thread is amazing. A sobering post from a couch burner, or an out-of-the-loop 9.95r, will knock down the thread for awhile, but then the pure inertia of the potential for Meyer spins it back into a frenzy of McRib, BBQ, rumors, mayo, gifs, and other delicacies. It's magnificent. Nothing can stop Urban Momentum.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Dbeasy said:

The centrifugal force of this thread is amazing. A sobering post from a couch burner, or an out-of-the-loop 9.95r, will knock down the thread for awhile, but then the pure inertia of the potential for Meyer spins it back into a frenzy of McRib, BBQ, rumors, mayo, gifs, and other delicacies. It's magnificent. Nothing can stop Urban Momentum.

Yessir. The only thing that will make this better if someone announcers they’re doing the buy a get one for a dollar on the McRibs. 

Just now, Leanderman said:

Best Mexican Food in Texas? Dont neg me.....but The Original Mexican Cafe in Galveston. Same owners, same family since 1916. 

Have had it many times....  Solid everytime, but I wouldnt say the best.   Damn fine eats however. 

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm not exactly a Barbeque connoisseur, but I about cream myself any time I get near the Beef Ribs or Jalapeno Sausage at Southside Market in Elgin.

Thank you, Penny. 

3 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Theyre right below Bill Miller's 

Everyone goes to BM for the fried chicken.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I try to avoid Dallas at all costs

Ever made it to Killen's in Pearland? Pretty solid joint as well.

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I think its the best of the BBQ "chains."  That's not saying much, but they're a class above Pok-e-joe's or Bill Miller

Would have to go with the BBQ joints going into the new HEB's as the best "chain".

18 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

I like Rudy's breakfast tacos, but I never thought their BBQ was anything great -- I haven't had it in over a year.  Rudy's used to be known for that super-hot hot sauce they made, but I haven't had any since they stopped advertising it, and that was over a decade ago.

They have passable "fast food" barbecue. Better than Bill Miller's or Dickey's, et al. Mostly good for breakfast tacos.

17 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

this thread is now like the party at the moon tower.

giphy.gif

Edited by TrashMaster G

19 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

The fact that more Texas targets are leaking is a bad sign. Hmmmmm.

how about this:

The Urban to Texas deal is so close the agents for the other targets see this as a limited window to get their guy a raise so they are panicking.

Stiles Switch, LA BBQ and Valentina’s are pretty decent BBQ spots in Austin that don’t have a crazy ridiculous line. Headed to Houston this week and I guess I need to make plans to get some of these candy paint ribs I’ve read about in this thread. Wife’s going to be piss cause I promised her a McRib earlier today but when Surly talks, I listen. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic