Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Newy25 said:

I guess I missed the Ohio St board post that now says 100% he isn’t going to take the job. I’m assuming they wouldn’t say that if their sources were not sure for fear of their couches being set on fire by their subscribers. 

I thought this was by just a random poster on their board and no mod has come out and said that.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I guess I missed the Ohio St board post that now says 100% he isn’t going to take the job. I’m assuming they wouldn’t say that if their sources were not sure for fear of their couches being set on fire by their subscribers. 

Are you talking about the post that was by one of their posters, not a mod for the site?

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

I thought this was by just a random poster on their board and no mod has come out and said that.

There is one unequivocal "no" from a poster on Bucknuts. There is another, Hamm-like mouthbreather who has his own scoop site also reporting it is a "no." The latter claims to have texted with UM in the past, whatever the fuck that's worth. 

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I know the board he is talking about.  A mod on there has said basically the same thing.  Problem is, their "mods" are just basic people with forum control.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

oh christ, the narrative of firing him because of the eyes now.  fuck these people.  the dude couldn't come in second it what at this point might be the worst conference in P5 and will average losing 4-5 games per season being paid top 10 money.  

Yup. 

Not to mention what reciting looks like. 

I thinks that’s the bail of straw on the camels back

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nobody is saying fire at the airport on the tarmac

. The team will likely be back that evening about 6-7. it’s only a 2 hour flight. 

There could be a late announcement Saturday night or early Sunday morning. 

CDC could fire him on the plane and throw his ass out the door for all I care but I just don't see it happening Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s been 5 days....we still haven’t heard a no.  At this point, it has to be happening.  If he really wants to coach again, he’s not getting this same deal.  Kelly has his job at Norte Dame locked down.  USC may or may not open and they may or may not offer him everything we have.  It’s now or never for him, he’s not getting younger either.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It’s been 5 days....we still haven’t heard a no.  At this point, it has to be happening.  If he really wants to coach again, he’s not getting this same deal.  Kelly has his job at Norte Dame locked down.  USC may or may not open and they may or may not offer him everything we have.  It’s now or never for him, he’s not getting younger either.

How many days did the Saban saga last without a definite no? (can't really remember). I know this is a completely different situation. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

Just now, victory88 said:

Thought is possibly NFL too to leave college recruiting behind, specifically Bengals.  I don't see that though, but you never no.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Thought is possibly NFL too to leave college recruiting behind, specifically Bengals.  I don't see that though, but you never no.

I, for one, question whether his coaching would translate to the NFL. Seems one of his absolute biggest strengths is recruiting, which doesn't translate to the next level.

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion......I will give him credit though....he was right that we should have hired James Franklin instead of Charlie.

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

Not even a little bit of the reason. Actually the fact he weathered that reasonably well was one of the few points in his favor.

What exactly did Herman do or not do?

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

and this is when we'll know.  That will leak for sure

I think if we find out that Herman has been let go tomorrow evening, all signs will be pointing to Urban becoming our next coach before the weekend is over.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic